The Alliance Of American Football | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Alliance Of American Football

Thanks for starting the thread, TeeMoney. :)
Yep, I'll be watching. If they play good, hard football with aggressive defence, it could make the off-season a lot easier to get through! I agree, it'll be very interesting to see what Joe Pendry will do with an unpromising roster (probably turn them into beasts and win the championship!). And I'm curious to see what Christian Hackenberg can do against an opposing team's defence in a match that actually counts for something. He's only 23; it might not be the end of the road for him yet.

If anyone's interested, this spreadsheet shows you all of the former NFL players in the AAF, and lists their NFL team as well as their current team - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m9aXSGGkn2K8fqWlU_8boG2HZSwqlekE1s_CV7cfky8/edit#gid=0

The full list for Miami is -
TE Thomas Duarte (Arizona Hotshots)
G Dallas Thomas, DT Anthony Johnson, DE Julius Warmsley (Memphis Express)
RB De'Veon Smith, DT Leon Orr (Orlando Apollos)
LB Trevor Reilly, CB Will Davis (Salt Lake Stallions)
TE Gavin Escobar, S Demetrius Wright (San Diego Fleet)

AAF-A Fan's Perspective.
I enjoyed it. There were more points in the Orlando/Atlanta game than in the Super Bowl! :)
But all kidding aside, it was enjoyable and watchable. I love the no kicking basically a gimmee extra point. You must go for two.
I like the overtime idea which resembles college. You could end up with more ties but so be it.
The no kickoffs could work if the onside idea goes over well (You get a 4th and 12 of you elect after a TD)
I hope the 5 rushers/blitzers thing in just temporary since they had no real training camp. Not a fan of this.
I loved the coaches and players being miced up and it available to us right then and there
The replay official being on video and miced up was awesome too.
Let's see how this goes. Could be good, especially for football junkies at this time of year

Better product than I expected minus the awful replay official handling

I watched my first game today. It probably is a good bridge in a time when there is a football void for us non-draftnicks.

Wasn't as bad as expected. Actually pretty decent. I think if the AAF plays it right they could have a good product in a few years. It also helps putting the teams in non NFL cities. Most teams probably will see an improvement in attendance as the league becomes more established.

In semi related news the XFL announced that when their 2020 season starts the teams will be in New York, LA, Dallas, Houston, Seattle, St Louis, Tampa, and Washington
The XFL just needs to die and go away and so does McMahon. Last time they had half the teams in NFL cities this time they will have all but one team in NFL cities. If McMahon wants to have a football team go buy one. The NFL is on its way to become like the WWF/WWE anyways. He'll fit right in there.

According to this article, Christian Hackenberg has undergone intensive training to unlearn the bad habits in his throwing action, and his coaches say that he has improved significantly since week 1. If so, I take my hat off to him; retraining your muscle memory for this sort of thing is far from easy, and I'd love to see him succeed and have a career in the NFL. It's a good read -

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ing-rebuild-career-alliance-american-football

And Dallas Thomas (Memphis Express) has finally made a good play! In last night's game against San Diego he recovered a fumble by quarterback Zach Mettenberger, thus preventing them from losing the ball. It was also the Express's first win of the season, for which he must take some of the credit. Well, better late than never...

Back
Top Bottom