The Alliance Of American Football | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Alliance Of American Football

I remember when I was a kid I liked the NJ Hitmen and I never even watched a XFL game. It will be the same the XFL will fail again.

They could just cancel the last two weeks and let Birmingham go to Orlando and let San Antonio go to Arizona as semifinals and then let the winners play. Those are going to be the playoff teams anyway. Guess it's not possible to do when there's no money in the bank to cut checks.

How do you know that? The way I understand it is the new XFL is being presented as a second option for rhe NFL. It is part of the reason McMahon has taken a far different approach to the re-launch of the brand.

Now you can say that of the first XFL. People thought there were people going to be suplexing other people on the field and chair shots involved. When that didn't happen people lost interest.

As I said in the other thread. If the XFL is smart they will learn from the AAF's failures, and their own, and be better off for it.
There was a radio show the other day while I was driving.

images
images

The Alliance of American Football technically has not folded — not yet, at least. But when the AAF suspended its football operations Tuesday, the league told its players their termination date was April 3. Even though the AAF did leave openthe possibility of a re-launch under new investment, Tuesday's suspension was viewed by most as the end of the start-up professional football league that lasted just eight weeks in 2019.
Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...-american-football/17fmqg4k8rkqp1v6563c4t8kbr

When the NFL wants a NFL-minor league akin to MLB-AAA then we the general public will get minor league football.

Considering the AAF was created to develop QB and OL-men, NFL really should brought into the league.

When the NFL wants a NFL-minor league akin to MLB-AAA then we the general public will get minor league football.

Considering the AAF was created to develop QB and OL-men, NFL really should brought into the league.

The idea was fine and I think in the right circumstances it could have worked but I think at the end of the day Ebersole and Polian just rushed the product a bit too quickly... and despite what they may say I think it was mostly done to beat the XFL to the punch

Very disappointing, as I enjoyed watching this the last several weekends.

I'm especially disappointed with how it folded. Dundon was willing to make a huge potential financial pledge for a League that clearly needed more time to market and establish its presence, but decided to fold things up quickly in the most cynical and pathetic fashion. Specifically, I'm talking about players getting back to their hotels and having all of their stuff packed up and waiting for them in the lobby, and then finding out that they were actually charged for their stays.

That's bush league ****. Dundon is a clown.

One of the less surprising things to have to happen. I think I would have been shocked if it actually worked out.

One of the less surprising things to have to happen. I think I would have been shocked if it actually worked out.
I agree, it was inevitable, just a matter of how long. I expect the XFL to have the same fate. I think two seasons will be a tall task for them.

Very disappointing, as I enjoyed watching this the last several weekends.

I'm especially disappointed with how it folded. Dundon was willing to make a huge potential financial pledge for a League that clearly needed more time to market and establish its presence, but decided to fold things up quickly in the most cynical and pathetic fashion. Specifically, I'm talking about players getting back to their hotels and having all of their stuff packed up and waiting for them in the lobby, and then finding out that they were actually charged for their stays.

That's bush league ****. Dundon is a clown.

Hell, that doesn't even sound legal. Bush league is putting it nicely. I'd like to know the guy responsible for that decision.

Hell, that doesn't even sound legal. Bush league is putting it nicely. I'd like to know the guy responsible for that decision.

From what I understand the players who hard their cards charged are getting that compensated, but that is still clownshoes stuff.

Back
Top Bottom