The Alliance Of American Football | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Alliance Of American Football

Maybe the league is going to be sticking around for awhile. Instead of streaming the Orlando game on B/R, it has been picked up by TNT. I think more games are being switched to TNT. I hope it is a sign that the league is progressing in the right direction because I enjoy having spring minor league football.:chuckle:

The real hero of the AAF is Tim Ruskell, the GM of the Apollos. That's the guy who should be on our radar for Grier's replacement.

AAF in jeopardy of folding, says majority owner

The majority owner of the Alliance of American Football told USA Today Sportsthat league is in danger of folding without help from the National Football League Players Association.

Tom Dundon, who became the AAF's chairman last month, told USA Today Sports in a recent interview that the NFLPA is not cooperating with the AAF by refusing to allow the first-year league to use young NFL players.

"If the players union is not going to give us young players, we can't be a development league," Dundon told USA Today Sports. "We are looking at our options, one of which is discontinuing the league."

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/26372845/aaf-jeopardy-folding-says-majority-owner

Yeah the more that comes out, the more it sounds like the Alliance rushed a few things to try and beat the XFL.

The product isnt awful but some decisions made by Ebersole basically out of spite towards Vince McMahon may cost this league

Sucks. I’ll always be a Birmingham Iron fan.

What was that like 5 weeks lol

Better put Mcmahon's league on the endangered species list.
Chambers said in the other AAF thread that he thinks this happened because they rushed to beat the XFL to market. I tend to agree. I hadn't even heard of the AAF until after the XFL was announced, well re-announced, and was really shocked when they said they were launching this year. We will see on the XFL. If anything this provides the XFL and example of what else they shouldn't do if they want to succeed this time.

Chambers said in the other AAF thread that he thinks this happened because they rushed to beat the XFL to market. I tend to agree. I hadn't even heard of the AAF until after the XFL was announced, well re-announced, and was really shocked when they said they were launching this year. We will see on the XFL. If anything this provides the XFL and example of what else they shouldn't do if they want to succeed this time.

AAF gonna be pissed when their players join XFL

I forgot there was another thread. I am merging them.

Yeah the more that comes out, the more it sounds like the Alliance rushed a few things to try and beat the XFL.

The product isnt awful but some decisions made by Ebersole basically out of spite towards Vince McMahon may cost this league
They also lied. Spurrier was quoted as saying that Polian told him and others that the league had financing secured for 3 years and could survive without any profits.

If it was a rushed launch thats one thing. But then you have to be honest about it. If you are looking for investors and you tell them "we are secure for 3 years" even the most sympathetic investor would say "let me just wait 3 years then and see how you guys do".

The other tidbit I heard was that thee AAF was hoping for an NFL investment to become a development league. How stupid is that?
College is the development level and for those who don't make the 54 there is the PS. Why would a league invest in developing players who get banged up every week?

The AAF was a second chance league, just like the CFL, for players who want another chance at the NFL. It was also a league, just like the CFL, for players who are simply not good enough for the NFL but love to play football.

If the AAF would have admitted that and would have been honest about their finances they coould have been somewhat successful maybe. The XFL is no competition. The XFL is a strictly entertainment league just like wrestling.

They also lied. Spurrier was quoted as saying that Polian told him and others that the league had financing secured for 3 years and could survive without any profits.

If it was a rushed launch thats one thing. But then you have to be honest about it. If you are looking for investors and you tell them "we are secure for 3 years" even the most sympathetic investor would say "let me just wait 3 years then and see how you guys do".

The other tidbit I heard was that thee AAF was hoping for an NFL investment to become a development league. How stupid is that?
College is the development level and for those who don't make the 54 there is the PS. Why would a league invest in developing players who get banged up every week?

The AAF was a second chance league, just like the CFL, for players who want another chance at the NFL. It was also a league, just like the CFL, for players who are simply not good enough for the NFL but love to play football.

If the AAF would have admitted that and would have been honest about their finances they coould have been somewhat successful maybe. The XFL is no competition. The XFL is a strictly entertainment league just like wrestling.
How do you know that? The way I understand it is the new XFL is being presented as a second option for rhe NFL. It is part of the reason McMahon has taken a far different approach to the re-launch of the brand.

Now you can say that of the first XFL. People thought there were people going to be suplexing other people on the field and chair shots involved. When that didn't happen people lost interest.

As I said in the other thread. If the XFL is smart they will learn from the AAF's failures, and their own, and be better off for it.

Back
Top Bottom