The Athletic 7 Round Mock Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Athletic 7 Round Mock Draft

The Falcons are being coy for a reason. They (and everyone else) have no idea what the Niners are thinking.

They aren't taking Pitts at 4 though, I see a QB or a trade coming there. Gotta believe Sewell and Chase are the primary targets for the Bengals.

About 3 weeks I officially listed Pitts as my preferred selection after about 6 months of praying for a shot at Sewell.

I REALLY think Pitts is pick 6. I am not saying that as a Dolphins fan. I am saying that as a 365 day a year unbiased follower of all things NFL draft related.

Would it shock me if he went 4th or 5th? Absolutely not, I'd put my money against it though.

Regardless, the Dolphins FO knows they put themselves into a sweet spot for a reason.

The Falcons are being coy for a reason. They (and everyone else) have no idea what the Niners are thinking.

They aren't taking Pitts at 4 though, I see a QB or a trade coming there. Gotta believe Sewell and Chase are the primary targets for the Bengals.

About 3 weeks I officially listed Pitts as my preferred selection after about 6 months of praying for a shot at Sewell.

I REALLY think Pitts is pick 6. I am not saying that as a Dolphins fan. I am saying that as a 365 day a year unbiased follower of all things NFL draft related.

Would it shock me if he went 4th or 5th? Absolutely not, I'd put my money against it though.

Regardless, the Dolphins FO knows they put themselves into a sweet spot for a reason.
Don't ignore the possibility we pass on Pitts. I wouldn't, but I'm not in charge.

I'm very similar in thinking. Been an NFL Draft fan since I was 16. Been studying up on the prospect's, every year, for over 40 years now. Ever since the internet was invented in the 80's, there is so much available information out there, to develop an educated opinion of college players. And get an idea of what other teams may be thinking, regarding their intentions. I love it, its a fun time of year.

Hey all, The Athletic posted their 7 round mock and I thought I'd share what they have for Miami.

6. Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
18. Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
36. Javonte Williams, RB, North Carolina
50. Carlos Basham, EDGE, Wake Forest
81. Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR, USC
156. Robert Jones, G, Middle Tennessee
231. Ian Book, QB, Notre Dame
258. Ta'Quon Graham, DT, Texas

Pitts is a pretty popular pick for us at 6, I think we can all get on board with that regardless of our personal preference between him, Chase, Smith, and Sewell. I'd rather go EDGE at 18 instead of waiting until 50. Harris goes to the Steelers in round 1 and Etienne goes to the Falcons at 35, but I'd still rather wait until 50 for a RB. I like Michael Carter there if Williams doesn't fall that far. Also worth noting that both Landon Dickerson and Creed Humphrey are on the board when Miami takes Williams, I'd much rather one of those two guys at 36 over a RB.
I’d take that draft right now....!!!

Pitts and Parsons would be amazing!

I’d give it an A+ for the selections but an F for plausibility. Most of those players are unlikely to be available in the spots you have us selecting them.

Thats possibly THE best draft outcome we could wish for. Doubt it happens but Pitts, Parsons and Williams is a great trio pick up. Yes please.

I’d be ecstatic with that draft. I don’t know if it’s realistic but wow.

Great first three picks. Parsons at 18 would basically make any mock draft for me. I don’t think we can go wrong at 6, and I expect one of Najee/Etienne/Williams to be there at 36, so 18 is really the key.

I’d go WR or OT at 50, though. Draft is extraordinarily deep at both positions, and we have needs at both (in the scenario where we pick Pitts at 6). In the Athletic’s version of the mock, I’d prefer we take Kadarius Toney or Rondale Moore at 50, then use 81 on one of Wyatt Davis/Jamar Johnson/Chazz Surratt.

If we get Parsons at 18, I don’t see the need for another edge guy. We’re going to be playing mostly a 3-3-5, and we’d have 5 quality DL (Raekwon, Wilkins, Ogbah, Sieler, Butler) and 4 quality LBs (Parsons, McKinney, Baker, Van Ginkel) who we’d be rotating in the front 6. Whatever extra few snaps we may have at edge, we can test out on Strowbridge.

If be happy with this but if Safety Nufanga is there at 231 Id take him instead.
We have 2 young studs with the signing of Brissett so we good.
Also, no sense in hoping we get Parsons at 18 it's a real long shot. Z Collins may be there though.

I'm very similar in thinking. Been an NFL Draft fan since I was 16. Been studying up on the prospect's, every year, for over 40 years now. Ever since the internet was invented in the 80's, there is so much available information out there, to develop an educated opinion of college players. And get an idea of what other teams may be thinking, regarding their intentions. I love it, its a fun time of year.
Yep. The Falcons are a trash franchise and along with the Bears and Bengals, are three of the worst run teams in football. That being said, they have a lot of needs, and with Ryan having a 48M cap hit next yr they really need a QB. If they have any sense left they will draft a QB or trade the pick to a QB needy team. Just hope it isn’t the Pats.

Count me in the group that would be ecstatic if MIA’s draft turned out like that.

Hey all, The Athletic posted their 7 round mock and I thought I'd share what they have for Miami.

6. Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
18. Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
36. Javonte Williams, RB, North Carolina
50. Carlos Basham, EDGE, Wake Forest
81. Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR, USC
156. Robert Jones, G, Middle Tennessee
231. Ian Book, QB, Notre Dame
258. Ta'Quon Graham, DT, Texas

Pitts is a pretty popular pick for us at 6, I think we can all get on board with that regardless of our personal preference between him, Chase, Smith, and Sewell. I'd rather go EDGE at 18 instead of waiting until 50. Harris goes to the Steelers in round 1 and Etienne goes to the Falcons at 35, but I'd still rather wait until 50 for a RB. I like Michael Carter there if Williams doesn't fall that far. Also worth noting that both Landon Dickerson and Creed Humphrey are on the board when Miami takes Williams, I'd much rather one of those two guys at 36 over a RB.
I would have no problem if these are the players the Dolphins draft but as several posters have already stated, I doubt most of these players will still be on the board at the position they were selected in this mock draft.

I don’t see Pitts or Parsons still being on the board at 6 and 18. I think the Falcons if they don’t trade down will take Pitts at 4 and if they don’t, the Bengals could draft Pitts.

Parsons will likely be a top 10-12 pick, even with his off the field issues.

I would love the Williams pick at 36 but I can also see him going earlier.

I liked Basham prior to the 2020 college season but he regressed last season instead of showing improvement. I see him as a average to possible bust player and not worth a 2nd round selection, IMO.

I don’t know much about the other players listed except for Book and I assume that pick would be made with the expectation he would be converted to a WR in The NFL. Because he definitely will not make it as a QB in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom