The Athletic 7 Round Mock Draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Athletic 7 Round Mock Draft

Yep. The Falcons are a trash franchise and along with the Bears and Bengals, are three of the worst run teams in football. That being said, they have a lot of needs, and with Ryan having a 48M cap hit next yr they really need a QB. If they have any sense left they will draft a QB or trade the pick to a QB needy team. Just hope it isn’t the Pats.
I just don’t see the Falcons drafting a QB. They have Ryan under contract for three more years and he is still one of the better QB’s in the NFL. While their biggest needs are obviously on defense. I can easily see them drafting Pitts at 4 if they don’t trade out of that pick. With Jones and Ridley as their starting WR’s and Pitts as their TE, they would be one of the most potent offenses in the NFL in 2021.

Saying the Falcons are a trash franchise is ridiculous when you consider they played in the SB just 4 years ago. Atlanta has won over 100 games since the 2008 season. If you consider the Falcons organization trash with their record over the last 13 years. Exactly what do you consider the Dolphins who have not been in a SB for over 35 years and has less than 100 wins since 2008.

I wish the Dolphins had been run as badly as the Falcons have been run the past 13 years.

Oh mighty Sultan... who shall be selecting Pitts before #6?
If Pitts is the player so many on here project he will be. The Falcons or Bengals would be idiots to pass on him. I could see the Falcons trading down for more picks because they have so many needs but the Bengals already have a very good WR unit and adding Pitts would only upgrade their offense.

The Bengals obviously need to upgrade their offensive line and it might be very enticing for them to take Sewell with their pick but I won’t be surprised if they go with Pitts if he is still on the board at 5.

I just don’t see the Falcons drafting a QB. They have Ryan under contract for three more years and he is still one of the better QB’s in the NFL. While their biggest needs are obviously on defense. I can easily see them drafting Pitts at 4 if they don’t trade out of that pick. With Jones and Ridley as their starting WR’s and Pitts as their TE, they would be one of the most potent offenses in the NFL in 2021.

Saying the Falcons are a trash franchise is ridiculous when you consider they played in the SB just 4 years ago. Atlanta has won over 100 games since the 2008 season. If you consider the Falcons organization trash with their record over the last 13 years. Exactly what do you consider the Dolphins who have not been in a SB for over 35 years and has less than 100 wins since 2008.

I wish the Dolphins had been run as badly as the Falcons have been run the past 13 years.
You obviously glossed over the part about his 48M cap hit next year. That kinda matters don’t you think? Good organizations don’t put themselves in that financial position with a 35 yr old QB. I think they will draft one or trade the pick. Let’s see who’s right.

I love the first 4 picks hate the rest

You obviously glossed over the part about his 48M cap hit next year. That kinda matters don’t you think? Good organizations don’t put themselves in that financial position with a 35 yr old QB. I think they will draft one or trade the pick. Let’s see who’s right.
That's fixable, you can restructure the contract and lower the cap number. Also, I think a fourth QB in the top five would be a reach, so I think Pitts there is very plausible.

Hey all, The Athletic posted their 7 round mock and I thought I'd share what they have for Miami.

6. Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
18. Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
36. Javonte Williams, RB, North Carolina
50. Carlos Basham, EDGE, Wake Forest
81. Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR, USC
156. Robert Jones, G, Middle Tennessee
231. Ian Book, QB, Notre Dame
258. Ta'Quon Graham, DT, Texas

Pitts is a pretty popular pick for us at 6, I think we can all get on board with that regardless of our personal preference between him, Chase, Smith, and Sewell. I'd rather go EDGE at 18 instead of waiting until 50. Harris goes to the Steelers in round 1 and Etienne goes to the Falcons at 35, but I'd still rather wait until 50 for a RB. I like Michael Carter there if Williams doesn't fall that far. Also worth noting that both Landon Dickerson and Creed Humphrey are on the board when Miami takes Williams, I'd much rather one of those two guys at 36 over a RB.
I'm curious where Humphrey, Dickerson and Mienerz were taken? That's my only problem with the draft, pick #50. Too rich for Basham and Center is a bigger need. I expect the Dolphins to wait and see if Humphreys or Dickerson fall to #50, and if not, trade back from #50 and get Meinerz.

I'm curious where Humphrey, Dickerson and Mienerz were taken? That's my only problem with the draft, pick #50. Too rich for Basham and Center is a bigger need. I expect the Dolphins to wait and see if Humphreys or Dickerson fall to #50, and if not, trade back from #50 and get Meinerz.
Humphrey and Dickerson go 37 and 38 respectively, Meinerz actually goes 55 in this mock so Miami would have to take him at 50.

atlanta aint drafting no qb...if they do.. he is going be on bench. atl need def help bad. that there problems.

1,135,300 seconds until we find out if this draft scenario actually plays out.

Back
Top Bottom