The Bears were really interested in Griese.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Bears were really interested in Griese....

xmdc986x

Practice Squad
Reaction score
According to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk:

BEARS REALLY WERE INTERESTED IN GRIESE
Okay, we know that we reported in this space on Saturday that the Bears and the Packers weren't genuinely interested in quarterback Brian Griese, and that the whole thing was a ruse intended to put some pressure on the Dolphins, who ultimately signed the former Broncos quarterback to a two-year deal.

But we're never afraid to embrace the possibility that we could've been wr-wr-wr-wr-wrong.

In response to our Saturday report, a league source told us that the Bears had a real interest in Griese, which arose when they realized that he could be signed for $1 million up front and play-time incentives.

But why, you might ask, would the Bears want Griese, when they already have Kordell Stewart, Chris Miller, and 2003 first-rounder Rex Grossman?

Per the source, Stewart is turning out to be unable to grasp (surprise, surprise) the Bears offense.

So, apparently, when the Bears didn't get Griese, they privately spread the word that they really weren't interested, in order to keep under wraps their serious concerns regarding Kordell.

Really, why would the Bears have risked doing even more damage to Kordell's fragile psyche by phonying-up interest in Griese, merely as a favor to agent Ralph Cindrich? Kordell's already miffed at the team's decision to draft Grossman; the addition of Griese likely would have prompted Kordell to have a full-blown hissy fit.

So, now, the best way for the Bears to deal with the whole issue is to act like signing Griese never was a serious consideration.

But, as it turns out, it was.

Link: http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Wow, Chicago better hope Grossman is the next Marino or its going to be a really long season in the Windy City.

I really don't know what Chicago was thinking in picking up Kordell as their QB. Kordell needs to be a WR not a QB.

Originally posted by Danny
who cares about what the bears want or need?

Sometimes Danny, the "after the fact" stories are pretty good.

BB

I think I would use Kordell as a back and run a single wing offense sometimes during the game. How cool would that be. Two guys and the backfield that can throw pretty good. He could run with it, hand it off, or throw it. He could even pitch it to the "true QB" and then go out for a pass.

So am I stupid or what? lol How well would something like that work in the Pros.

It would have been a very smart move for the Bears...

Glad they moved slowly, as Bears are prone to do...

Hate to toot my own horn....well, this time I don't :tongue:......but, I told ya so!! :D

Back
Top Bottom