The Best Part About the Win | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Best Part About the Win

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Got to give it to the coaching staff. It's looking more and more like Miami made the right choice with Flores. This team is playing hard and is in a lot of games despite clearly lacking in talent. It makes you wonder how good the Dolphins can be when the talent base improves.

After the initial four games to start the season, Miami has been competitive. I'll admit, I was worried after that four game stretch where it looked like the coaching staff, along with the team, was in over their heads. At that point, I didn't know if the team would win one game.

I know we are talking about a third string quarterback really, if you consider Luck's late retirement. But in the NFL a win is a win. Bottom line, the future in Miami is suddenly looking a lot brighter and that's because of the coaching staff.

loser mentality right there
Smart mentality actually. I really don’t think the Colts are upset they didn’t win an extra game or two the season before they drafted Peyton Manning. Do you?

Yes, let’s all celebrate about our meaningless win that’s making it that much harder to get our Peyton Manning instead of our Ryan Leaf. Idiots
Building a winner is not just about talent, though. It's about establishing a winning culture. Think about the affect it could have on free agency too. If you're a player picking a spot to play for the next 3-5 years and you see a Miami team that is playing hard and showing progress aren't you more likely to want to come there?

Yes, I like Tua and Burrow. But none of us know for sure if either will be stars or not. I figure Miami will still pick top five. There will be talent to be had.

Yes, let’s all celebrate about our meaningless win that’s making it that much harder to get our Peyton Manning instead of our Ryan Leaf. Idiots

Just stop it. This team would have drafted Andre Wadsworth or Curtis Enis in that draft.

Smart mentality actually. I really don’t think the Colts are upset they didn’t win an extra game or two the season before they drafted Peyton Manning. Do you?

You are absolutely correct. Those three Super Bowl wins by the Colts by the best prospect ever to exist in the game. The suck for Luck was brilliant. Not!!

You are absolutely correct. Those three Super Bowl wins by the Colts by the best prospect ever to exist in the game. The suck for Luck was brilliant. Not!!
What a ridiculous counter argument. The colts went from 2-14 to 11-5 in one season and Andrew luck was known as one of the best quarterbacks in the league every year he was here.

I want us to win enough games to take us out of the Tua/Burrow conversation and force us to take BPA

Dude, we are going to draft a QB in the first, absolutely certain of that. All you are doing with that mentality is hoping we have to give up a lot of capital to get the guy we want, settle for someone who's not top of our list or worse still give up capital and still drafting our #3 guy. If you believe they will pass on a QB in round 1 this year then you've not been paying attention, especially when the owner recommended trading up for the AFC MVP at the moment who is ripping it up in Baltimore.

I want us to win enough games to take us out of the Tua/Burrow conversation and force us to take BPA
That may not be a bad option. It's possible to land a good quarterback with the Steelers pick, although unfortunately they are starting to win some games.

We have more than enough draft capital if we want a QB we will go up and get one. I am pleased with what I am seeing out of this coaching staff players are unified playing for the team instead of themselves. I have not seen this since the Shula days I am not saying Flores is the next coming just saying I am thrilled with what I am seeing

The reason why they talk about Peyton Manning/Ryan Leaf thing is because there was debate as to who was the better prospect. A lot of teams much that up. Having the first overall pick doesn't guarantee anything.

I'm not sure we made the right pick when we had high picks in 2005 or 2008.

We have more than enough draft capital if we want a QB we will go up and get one. I am pleased with what I am seeing out of this coaching staff players are unified playing for the team instead of themselves. I have not seen this since the Shula days I am not saying Flores is the next coming just saying I am thrilled with what I am seeing
So why win pointless games just to force yourself to use valuable draft capital when it could be there to use? It makes absolutely no sense to me. Nobody on the face of the planet cares about the dolphins winning today but any draft pick could determine the future. Why risk any of that?

The people who spout this winner BS must not know we are in pace to win 4 games. So spare me the loser mentality spiel because a loser is a loser is a loser. There are no rallying points at 4-12...only coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Its Flores on the hot seat now because Grier set the table for him by removing all his talent and setting him up with high draft picks. He should produce results next year. I'm looking for 8-8, at least.

Dude, we are going to draft a QB in the first, absolutely certain of that. All you are doing with that mentality is hoping we have to give up a lot of capital to get the guy we want, settle for someone who's not top of our list or worse still give up capital and still drafting our #3 guy. If you believe they will pass on a QB in round 1 this year then you've not been paying attention, especially when the owner recommended trading up for the AFC MVP at the moment who is ripping it up in Baltimore.
It isn’t about me not wanting a qb.. If a QB is the best player on the board when we pick then take him

My problem is I don’t think Tua or burrow are even the best QBs in this draft and I’d rather not be in position to take either

Back
Top Bottom