The best sophmore combo | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The best sophmore combo

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
My team to watch in college football this season is the Georgia Bulldogs(I am a Hurricane fan, so i am not biased.) Last season they had a freshman starting Qb, and finished 5-3 in the very tough SEC. They knocked off a very tough Tenn team, but lost 2 heart breakers to S carolina and Aubun by a combined score of 12 points. They also lost by 2 tds to a much better Gator team that won't be the same this season. The reason this team will be very exciting this year is the presence of 2 super Sophmores. QB David Greene who passed for 2700 yards and 17 tds to only 9 ints as redshirt freshman, and WR Derrick Gibson who caught 33 balls for 700 yards and 7 TDs in only 8 games as a true freshman. These 2 should both be even better than they were last year witch I am sure makes many coaches in the SEC very concerned. To compliment Geene and Gibson is the JR tailback Musa Smith. As a sophmore he rushed for 600 yards and 6 tds averging 4.7 ypc. Musa will take over the role as the feature back this season, and should have no problem hitting the 1000 yard mark. On the other side of the ball is one of the best LBs in college football. After this year Boss Bailey most likely won't be known as Champs little brother any more. Boss will lead a very tough Georgia defense that only surrender 24 points last season to one of the best Florida Gator offenses that Spurrier ever coached. If Georgia's big 4 can lead them to another win against Tenn there is a very good chance they will be playing in the Feista Bowl at the end of the year.

I think that Tennesee will win the SEC. It will be between them and Georgia. Tennesee will go to the Fiesta Bowl and lose to Oklahoma.

That is easy to say, and it might be right, but I think you really have to look at what Tenn lost; their whole d-line, starting RB, main WR. They obviously still have some players Kelly Wahington would be the first to be mentioned, but will they have the chemistry early on in the season? I might be wrong but they play Georgia early, and Georgia is pretty much returning all of their starters on both sides of the ball(i think 9 returning out of 11 on each). You might see Tenn get upset before they start to peak. I think the key to the game might be if Tenn can preasure the young Green with their top 3 d-lineman from a year ago now in the NFL. If they can't Gibson, Edwards, and Greene may put up some staggering numbers.

Obviously, Georgia Tennessee and Florida are this season's strongest SEC teams. Tennessee had problems with the Bulldogs last year, and might be better prepared in some ways but Georgia has a good QB. Florida has the worst chance out of all 3 to make the SEC title game, 'cause after playing both these other teams AND Miami they're gonna be floatin' belly up.:evil:

Well David Greene didn't make me look like a genius on Sat, but Gibson proved to be electric. I don't know if I have ever seen a sophmore WR get so much respect. If you didn't see the Georgia-Clemson game you really missed out.

Back
Top Bottom