The Big O says we won't get Manning | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Big O says we won't get Manning

Dolfan954

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I immediately thought of Section126 when I heard this, and I thought he would get a kick out of it. At 8:10pm today, some guy called up WQAM talking about getting Peyton. Big O said no way and if the Phins get Peyton, he'll clean everyone's house. He said just call and leave your address and he'll come clean everyone's house if it happens.

Hmm...my garage does need some cleaning. Come on front office, PULL THE TRIGGER! :D :band:

There's no trigger to pull, that is the problem. If Manning actually hits the market I fully expect us to go after him however he will NOT hit the market.

With Manning playing darn near perfect these passed two playoff games and with the Colts going to the AFC Championship, there's a veritable lovefest going on between the Colts and Manning.

All this Manning talk was brought up because Manning's contract ends this year and it was brought up that the Colts would find it nearly impossible to franchise him. HOWEVER, that ignores the most likely outcome, which is re-signing him before the offseason even begins!

The Colts now know Peyton can win them the big game, and Manning knows the Colts themselves (and Dungy) are capable of going far into the playoffs. There's nothing standing in the way now. Manning will be a Colt for a very long time now.

Lets face it, our only hope of getting Peyton even out on the market was if he tanked and the Colts lost in their first playoff game like last year against the Jets...and since that didn't happen, a new contract will be drawn up rather quickly.

Enough with this "MAKE IT HAPPEN!" talk. Its impossible if the Colts don't let him go anywhere.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
There's no trigger to pull, that is the problem. If Manning actually hits the market I fully expect us to go after him however he will NOT hit the market.

With Manning playing darn near perfect these passed two playoff games and with the Colts going to the AFC Championship, there's a veritable lovefest going on between the Colts and Manning.

All this Manning talk was brought up because Manning's contract ends this year and it was brought up that the Colts would find it nearly impossible to franchise him. HOWEVER, that ignores the most likely outcome, which is re-signing him before the offseason even begins!

The Colts now know Peyton can win them the big game, and Manning knows the Colts themselves (and Dungy) are capable of going far into the playoffs. There's nothing standing in the way now. Manning will be a Colt for a very long time now.

Lets face it, our only hope of getting Peyton even out on the market was if he tanked and the Colts lost in their first playoff game like last year against the Jets...and since that didn't happen, a new contract will be drawn up rather quickly.

Enough with this "MAKE IT HAPPEN!" talk. Its impossible if the Colts don't let him go anywhere.
Yeah that's the same thing I thought when I saw him playing so well. We had a shot if he tanked in the first round, but now I don't think anyone will get a sniff of him.

I'd love to see if the Big O would actually clean houses though. That would be hillarious.

I still say you cant trust the Irsays, they did get rid of Marshall Faulk

Guys, I am serious....If it happens (I know it's a long shot) We should all DEMAND that he come out and clean our houses.........

"Orlando, you gotta use the scrub in between those bathroom tiles."

"Orlando, the rug needs a shampoo."

"Orlando, make sure you replace the toilet paper in the bathroom."

It's going to be great.

What about Eli Manning? Isnt he going to be in the draft this year?

Originally posted by Section126
Guys, I am serious....If it happens (I know it's a long shot) We should all DEMAND that he come out and clean our houses.........

"Orlando, you gotta use the scrub in between those bathroom tiles."

"Orlando, the rug needs a shampoo."

"Orlando, make sure you replace the toilet paper in the bathroom."

It's going to be great.
I'm serious too. It would be great.

:roflmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by The Rocket
What about Eli Manning? Isnt he going to be in the draft this year?

Yep he is. We're going to have to see if we CAN reach him first. There's always a way, but it's going to depend on O-gun, and the front offices desire to land him. IF we can package O-gun and madison ina trade to SD we have him. Otherwise we'll have to see if we can trade up with 2 first round picks (IF someone takes O-gun..which they should) to get him. But SD has the top pick over all so....

Will you guys get over the Madison misconception. You can't trade a guy with that much signing bonus and let's say he does a re-structure capable of sending him to somewhat cash strapped San Diego. Why the hell would the Chargers take a CB when there are better ones on the market. Second they spent alot on secondary past few years and they have showed much promise. They have so much bigger needs.

Trading or releasing Madison before June 1st saves cap space but he would likely need to agree to a pay cut of some sort with the acquiring team.

However, I doubt SD trades away yet another opportunity at a potential franchise QB

Back
Top Bottom