The Big Picture

In defense of OP.

No doubt "project Rosen" is a black op secret weapon stored
in a remote region near Studio 54 (numerically related to
Area 51) along with specially formulated high-protein
duct tape that can be used to wrap ankles and "nibbled"
during the game for some extra NRG!

:ponder:

High protein duct tape is actually an amazing idea and would be a survivalist staple if ever made...

@superphin thanks for the warm welcome and showing your true colors...

Welcome aboard my friend … if you have been reading this forum before you joined you should expect a few to zing you … believe me there have been plenty of stranger ideas posted … don't despair … you joined at a time when many are butthurt for various reasons and they will lash out lol...

On your topic … uhhhh I don't think so … this coach wants to build a winning attitude that will carry over with the influx of talent we will seek in the upcoming off season … Rosen has not shown himself capable of the leadership it takes to push the guys we have … he seems to struggle with reading defenses and may even panic a bit IMO … Looking at him on the sidelines does not inspire confidence for me … and probably those around him … I saw him yesterday sitting beside Fitzpatrick and his face looked lost to me …. doubtful he is Flo's secret weapon

... but hell, what do I know ... Baker Mayfield shows confidence and moxie and look at the Browns record... even though he is surrounded by divas .. I mean talent :munch:

It doesn't matter if we think Rosen sucks or not, it's what this staff thinks he can do, which is based on more than just what occurs on the field. I didn't like the trade, because I don't generally like reclamation projects at the QB position. I also doubt three games is all Rosen gets to prove himself. As hard as it is for most of us to accept, I am starting to believe Rosen IS going to get at least a one year start here after we have assembled some additional talent in the upcoming draft. This eliminates the need for the number 1 pick and allows the coaching staff to prove their system can work. It also happens to make everything we have seen so far make sense. Remember Grier and Flores have 5 years. There is absolutely no reason to assume they feel the pressure to land their franchise QB this year.
Totally delusional. This staff has shown everyone what they think of Rosen. It's rather obvious by their actions and by Rosen's play. There is no way that this team isn't dipping into the QB pool in this upcoming draft.

One thing I noticed yesterday, was a couple times the camera went to Fitz and O'shea going over D alignments from the prior series, Rosen was sitting there, not even taking an interest in what was being said.

Very telling, and disappointing.

I should have made it clear in my original post that I am not a fan of Rosen's. If it was my team I would be drafting Tua, Burrow or Herbert. This post was just me trying to make sense of us winning, nothing more. I do however trust this coaching staff and I am impressed with them. If they think Rosen is the guy, I will trust them, but like I said, I prefer to draft a young stud QB.

It's a shame how quickly people jump on rookie QBs. This is probably the most difficult change from the college game, but people are just caught in the moment. I don't know if Rosen can be starter in this league, but it would have been nice to let him go the distance to see if there is an upward trend in his play that warrants keeping him.

I'm not sure if there is a great plan for Rosen. I think Grier rolled the dice to see first hand if he had what it takes. So far, it doesn't look good for Rosen.

On a different point, IMO the infamous "TANK" this year started with Ross probably wanted to clean the team of bad contracts, stop paying for high priced free agents and hoard draft picks. Outside of Tunsil and Fitzpatrick that's all the "Tank" was about. I really don't think Ross & Grier had the foresight in June to pinpoint one specific QB. The media and fan's made the "Tank for Tua".

Big, that's one helliva conspiracy theory and I do love me a good conspiracy theory (there was a second shooter on the grassy knoll).

If Rosen was any good he'd be giving us the better chance to win thus, he'd be starting.

In defense of OP.

No doubt "project Rosen" is a black op secret weapon stored
in a remote region near Studio 54 (numerically related to
Area 51) along with specially formulated high-protein
duct tape that can be used to wrap ankles and "nibbled"
during the game for some extra NRG!

:ponder:

I gave you a like because I had to read your post several times before I got the joke. You made me feel like a blonde I used to date. Well done.

Totally delusional. This staff has shown everyone what they think of Rosen. It's rather obvious by their actions and by Rosen's play. There is no way that this team isn't dipping into the QB pool in this upcoming draft.

Right. This staff was also going to lose it all for Tua, too. How's that looking right about now? Turns out that "tanking" and Tua as the target was the real delusion. That Rosen could be the starter next year is just as possible as any other scenario being put forth right now. I have heard Flores say he isn't ready, but I've never heard him say he was finished with him. I guess we will see, but you have to admit, it certainly would make a lot of sense with what the team is doing right now. Starting Rosen next year doesn't mean they like him, just that they are going to give him a real chance.

Right. This staff was also going to lose it all for Tua, too. How's that looking right about now? Turns out that "tanking" and Tua as the target was the real delusion. That Rosen could be the starter next year is just as possible as any other scenario being put forth right now. I have heard Flores say he isn't ready, but I've never heard him say he was finished with him. I guess we will see, but you have to admit, it certainly would make a lot of sense with what the team is doing right now. Starting Rosen next year doesn't mean they like him, just that they are going to give him a real chance.
If Rosen is the starter for this team all of next season than it is a total failure by this front office and heads should roll.

Rosen is a career backup.

Flores would lose the locker room and the culture he is trying to build by playing him when Fitzpatrick gives them a better chance to win.

The offense plays better with Fitzpatrick because he can call protections and mitigate the bad line with mobility, and throw with anticipation.

Back
Top Bottom