The Big Picture | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Big Picture

Rosen has the intangibles to become a great QB. Im hoping his time on the bench is to learn and hopefully he is in our plans.
The Kid has been beat down since he was drafted. Im rooting for this very scenerio.

Last comment : once we get our line issues and RB carousel in check, we can truely evaluate Josh Rosen.

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.
Absolutely true, but saying the future is already 100% fact is flawed thinking, as well.

I very seriouly doubt that Rosen is the answer, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. Very long odds to be sure.

Rosen has the intangibles to become a great QB. Im hoping his time on the bench is to learn and hopefully he is in our plans.
The Kid has been beat down since he was drafted. Im rooting for this very scenerio.

Last comment : once we get our line issues and RB carousel in check, we can truely evaluate Josh Rosen.
Thats the difference between fans, and Flores. He has a lot more first hand info to work with.

If the boy can't quickly read defenses, all the other intangibles are meaningless.

I don't know that is the case, but it appears to be likely.

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.
A prediction isn't factual information. The news predicts snow cold front/ snow or rain all the time. I'm smart enough to keep a jacket, and an umbrella in my truck and ignore their predictions.
I'm not knocking your comment in any way: i'm only saying no one predicted Jimmy Garoppolo would succeed in San Fran the way he has, or Tom Brady would become the GOAT of the NFL.
The NFL weekly score predictions make me laugh as well as draft rankings for collegiate players.

That is the irony of the NFL and always has been.
Put a player in a position to succeed and see if they can make the most out of it.

Lastly look at Joe Burrow story! This is a prime example.

Oh my god. Please make it stop. Rosen sucks. Why can't you people see that yet? What the hell has he shown in two freaking seasons that would give anyone hope that he is the answer at QB?
The way the coaches handled him when Fitz went out in the 4th quarter spoke volumes of what they think of Rosen. He will probably a late cut next year or they may try to do what the Cards did to them.

Thats the difference between fans, and Flores. He has a lot more first hand info to work with.

If the boy can't quickly read defenses, all the other intangibles are meaningless.

I don't know that is the case, but it appears to be likely.
Stole my thunder. I was all for seeing what we have in the kid... We did. He can't read defenses. If he can learn to process faster, he's a starter. But unfortunately processing speed is something that doesn't always come.

The way the coaches handled him when Fitz went out in the 4th quarter spoke volumes of what they think of Rosen. He will probably a late cut next year or they may try to do what the Cards did to them.
That surprised me, as well. I guess a case could be made that, given the circumstances, Flo was playing for the FG, in a close game, but you would think there would be a couple plays Rosen had drilled into him for just such an occasion.

Taking a sack in that situation was not acceptable though. That was likely the thinking.

Yeah, I think Rosen is done in Miami. I’m sure that he could be good in the right system one day but if he can’t beat out Fitz here then he is gone. We’ll definitely be drafting a QB. I would draft at least 2 and hopefully 1 of those isn’t Hurts or Fromm.

That surprised me, as well. I guess a case could be made that, given the circumstances, Flo was playing for the FG, in a close game, but you would think there would be a couple plays Rosen had drilled into him for just such an occasion.

Taking a sack in that situation was not acceptable though. That was likely the thinking.
No the thinking was: I can't throw any backup out there without even a single warmup pass and expect him to throw crisp passes. There is a reason that backup QBs toss the ball around on the sideline when the starting QB goes down or before they replace a starter for other reasons.

The coaches see the kid in the classroom every day, hell he probabaly has his own coach up his butt every day, but they know more that we do. He's not ready, weather or not he ever is will only be known later. Right now he represents a substantial investment that could go either way, a steal for a #2 or yet another waste of oxygen at #2, I'd like to see him work out, he has time in the league (learning curve) and we don't have to spend precious draft capitol on a QB, we can fill many other needs.

Personally, I think it’s to early to write off Rosen. Barring a major draft day trade up for Burrow, it’s highly likely that we will be going into next season with him and possibly a second tier QB from the draft. The staff has had plenty of time to identify his issues and I have no doubt that they are working on them. He can make all the throws. He just had zero experience in reading defenses and making line calls. They can’t teach arm talent but the rest is coachable.

Maybe Josh Rosen can be developed and serve as a backup QB (at a minimum). However, I'm of the view that because we are fully loaded with Draft capital (and cash for free agents), this becomes a case where we let Flores and his coaches and Grier and his player evaluators, to do their evaluations and determine which QB they want long term. We got Rosen for just the modest investment of a late 2nd round pick. Who do they want long term?
However, we also make Grier fully accountable for his decision. He has to get Miami a franchise QB via the Draft or Free Agency and if he doesn't, then we find another GM.
By the way, after Jakeem's great length of the field TD, did anybody else notice Mr Ross' business partner, Bruce Beal, with a prominent seat at yesterday's game against the Bills? As has been stated previously by Stephen Ross, Bruce Beal is the future Dolphins owner. I think that it's significant that he's taking a more visible, active interest in the team, this season. Ross is probably preparing him to take over the reins as Dolphins owner.

Back
Top Bottom