The Biglead Mock Draft has us taking Smith at 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Biglead Mock Draft has us taking Smith at 3

Dan13Forever

Sewell = waste pick
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
If Wilson is on the board at #3 the Fins NEED to trade down with a QB hungry team.

Not too high for Smith. But the dilemma is what Miami could get for that #3. I think the odds are really high that the Dolphins trade down. Will be offers that likely include a 2022 #1 pick.

Yup.

The brutal part is that we won’t find out until we are on the clock. If we were at 2 it would be possible to move the pick before the draft, at 3 you know we have to ride it out until we see a logo change on the screen.

I typically avoided social media during the draft, when they were announcing the picks on Twitter and stuff before TV. Glad they don’t allow that anymore.

If the Jets take Sewell, the value of pick 3 goes way up, even though I really don’t want them to take him.

Yup.

The brutal part is that we won’t find out until we are on the clock. If we were at 2 it would be possible to move the pick before the draft, at 3 you know we have to ride it out until we see a logo change on the screen.

I typically avoided social media during the draft, when they were announcing the picks on Twitter and stuff before TV. Glad they don’t allow that anymore.

If the Jets take Sewell, the value of pick 3 goes way up, even though I really don’t want them to take him.
I don't know if the Jets taking Sewell makes the 3rd pick go up or down really. Big trades come for QBs. So TL is 1st so draft starts at 2. It really comes down to how the QBs are rated after TL. If both Fields/Wilson are viewed by most teams a 2a/2b then if the Jets take one of them that only leaves one QB left in that top tier. Lance could be a wild card is he viewed as right with Wilson/Fields or a step down. If say Lance is not in that same second tier of QBs well then the Jets taking a QB is better for Mia. That means there is only one QB left in that second tier and ATL may take him at 4 which then means you have to move to 3 to get who ever is left of Wilson/Fields. To me the best case is that Fields/Wilson are both rated very close to each other but also a good step above Lance. Then the Jets take one of them at 2. That leaves the last top QB left at 3. So if you want him you have to jump ATL to get him. Or may force ATL to give up stuff to move up 1 spot to make sure MIA is not trading down to DET/CAR. Supply and demand could really help MIA.

Yup.

I actually think the Jets will take Sewell. They are in a great spot with 2 first rounders as well, so Sewell is a no brainer IMO. And if that happens it takes away the dilemma of miami choosing between Smith and Sewell. It opens up quite a few trade options which we all know about, and I am sure that Miami will have firm offers in place days before the draft depending on the 1st 2 picks.

IMO I think Detroit and J'Ville are the most likely trade partners. And picking up a 2022 first rounder and perhaps a 2021 2nd rounder plus the 7th or 8th pick from one of these teams, is very spicy.

I actually think the Jets will take Sewell. They are in a great spot with 2 first rounders as well, so Sewell is a no brainer IMO. And if that happens it takes away the dilemma of miami choosing between Smith and Sewell. It opens up quite a few trade options which we all know about, and I am sure that Miami will have firm offers in place days before the draft depending on the 1st 2 picks.

IMO I think Detroit and J'Ville are the most likely trade partners. And picking up a 2022 first rounder and perhaps a 2021 2nd rounder plus the 7th or 8th pick from one of these teams, is very spicy.

You said jacksonville, I'll assume you meant Carolina.

Right now I am definitely craving an additional 2022 first rounder so that's definitely on my agenda, if I'm the FO. The longer we stretch out this draft capital, the better. The flexibility it will give us should really give us a shot at some championships. We can't get impatient with the way we are set up.

I think we really need to add a pick in the 130-145 range also, close the wide gap we have between picks.

We could have trade down opportunity for both of our first round picks.

Pick 3) Right in front of Atlanta, Detroit and Carolina that could all be competing for the first tier of QBs

Pick 18) Right in front of Washington, Chicago, and Indi that are also QB starved

You said jacksonville, I'll assume you meant Carolina.

Right now I am definitely craving an additional 2022 first rounder so that's definitely on my agenda, if I'm the FO. The longer we stretch out this draft capital, the better. The flexibility it will give us should really give us a shot at some championships. We can't get impatient with the way we are set up.

I think we really need to add a pick in the 130-145 range also, close the wide gap we have between picks.
I did mean Carolina. Thanks mate

Devonta Smith scares me a lot. You need to be EXTREMELY physical in the NFL as a WR. DBs in the NFL probably average 190lbs vs Smith at 160lbs? They say 170 but little birds are saying thats hogwash. He refused to be weighed. I dont want Smith. I'd rather have Chase.

We could have trade down opportunity for both of our first round picks.

Pick 3) Right in front of Atlanta, Detroit and Carolina that could all be competing for the first tier of QBs

Pick 18) Right in front of Washington, Chicago, and Indi that are also QB starved
I would trade down out of 3 if that price is right. However, Sewell looks so frickin juicey and would he would really aid the Dolphins run game. This is a great year to be a Dolphins fan. I wouldnt trade out of 18 though that will be a sweet spot.

Back
Top Bottom