The Blessing of Shula/Marino | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Blessing of Shula/Marino

dQbell

No More Games.
Reaction score
Now that we have a void in the coaching position, and mainly becuase of what has transpired this last week, I've been thinking about how much the culture of the Dolphins organization has changed.

For almost 20 years, it was Shula and Marino. The solid identity they brought to the Dolphins gave us all satisfaction in that we knew they were professionals and capable of winning. After Shula and Marino left, a huge hole was made in our persona. We quickly became the team with a rich history with huge shoes to fill.

Now, 3 coaches later, we are still trying to fill that void. As a fan that grew up with one coach for my football team, and mainly one quarterback, I'm sort of lost. Zach and Jason filled some holes with the performance/longevity they have provided, but now, with our team once again in the hunt for a coach, my biggest concern is not, "please fill the shoes of Dan and Don:, but "please bring back an identity to this team."

Our owner knows it too. With his comment, "I've always wanted to win, but now I REALLY want to win," you can see he is aware we have a lot to live up to.

What Shula and Marino did goes far beyond records and wins. They set a standard that hasn't been met by this franchise since they left.

Here's to meeting that standard!

Well said, and since you said that I wonder what Shula and Marino think of the Saban fiasco. One thing is for sure, as Shula and Marino have left their images as a proud legacy in the history of the Miami Dolphins, Nick Saban will be remembered as one of the most embarrasing and shameful episodes in Dolphin history. We all thought things couldn't get any worse than the Jimmy Johnson/Dave Wannstedt and Ricky Williams era, well thanks a lot Nick for topping that.

Well said, and since you said that I wonder what Shula and Marino think of the Saban fiasco.

One thing Shula has said is he'd be willing to help pick the right guy for the job. I think Wayne better take it seriously. Shula had 2 losing seasons in 26 seasons, sure the game has changed, but he knows how to win.

On INSIDE THE NFL, Marino said that as a Dolphins fan, it feels we just got punched in the gut.

I really hope that Huizenga has some football minds helping make this decision. I hope Shula, Marino, Taylor, and Thomas all have input.

Back
Top Bottom