The Book On Ryan Tannehill (parts 1 And 2) - Comprehensive Scouting Report | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Book On Ryan Tannehill (parts 1 And 2) - Comprehensive Scouting Report

and that's why I take issue with anyone who extols the Fins virtues of Pennington... #RavensHumiliation

You shouldn't compare the 2 in those terms. Pennington actually played in and won the game that clinched the playoff berth. And it was a win and get in for either team so we were facing possible playoff team. Unlike the 2 games against non playoff teams in 2013 for Ryan. Also comparing the 2 losses to non-playoff teams to a loss to the 2008 runner up AFC team the Ravens is ridiculous. They almost made the Super Bowl unlike 2013 Jets and Bills.

You might not want to bring up #RavensHumiliation when you are trying to brag on Tannehill. He's had a couple ugly games up there also.

You shouldn't compare the 2 in those terms. Pennington actually played in and won the game that clinched the playoff berth. And it was a win and get in for either team so we were facing possible playoff team. Unlike the 2 games against non playoff teams in 2013 for Ryan. Also comparing the 2 losses to non-playoff teams to a loss to the 2008 runner up AFC team the Ravens is ridiculous. They almost made the Super Bowl unlike 2013 Jets and Bills.

You might not want to bring up #RavensHumiliation when you are trying to brag on Tannehill. He's had a couple ugly games up there also.
Didnt the guy play through a knee sprain at the end of that season?
Also you can use whatever glasses you want, getting your ass handed to you in the playoffs is never okay.. without the wildcat pennington is looked at a bit differently huh? Also the jets had the number two running defense while the bills had the number two passing defense.. our o line was crap that year.. but we can all flip stats how we want

I’m on the fence with RT
I want to seem him do it in a game that means something

They all mean something until you are eliminated from the playoffs.

I can’t get over his horrible 2 games against the Jets and Bills a few yrs back to close out the season, when a playoff spot was on the line and both teams had losing records.

Kind of a tough thing to hang on the head of a 2nd year QB, especially with such crap for a supporting cast.

2016 thill17 had lot of help to make playoff. 2018 he must carried this team on his back to make playoff....
thill17 is avg, you can only put so much on his plate.. other word he need help to win in the nfl....if they want keep thill17 around. get the play maker around him to make it easy or he will fail in futures.

After showing that trait in his rookie season, it would seem like common sense to make a more concerted effort to move the quarterback and the pocket. Regardless, Joe Philbin and Mike Sherman cut the number of throws from outside of the pocket by 25% in year two.
This pretty much sums everything up. I cant imagine where Tannehill would be with a) competent coaching, and b) some semblance of an O-line.

They all mean something until you are eliminated from the playoffs.

Yes and no. Good teams take it to another level when a playoff berth is on the line. Different intensity level. Sadly, RT fell apart in that situation in 2013.
It’s too bad he injured his knee the 2016 season. It was a pivotal year for him. Would have liked to see him close out the season and see how he performed up in Pittsburgh in a playoff atmosphere.
Jury is still out on him. That’s why I’m on the fence.

2016 thill17 had lot of help to make playoff. 2018 he must carried this team on his back to make playoff....
thill17 is avg, you can only put so much on his plate.. other word he need help to win in the nfl....if they want keep thill17 around. get the play maker around him to make it easy or he will fail in futures.

You are vastly over rating the 2016 Dolphins.

Good teams take it to another level when a playoff berth is on the line.

The Dolphins were not a good team in 2013.

The Dolphins fell apart in 2013, unless you want to blame Tannehill for the 7 sacks against the Bills.

Based on this, it sounds like we should have made it deep into the playoffs in 2017.

The Dolphins were not a good team in 2013.

The Dolphins fell apart in 2013, unless you want to blame Tannehill for the 7 sacks against the Bills.

Why are we even discussing 2013? RT has vastly improved since then.

EDIT: Typo

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on this, it sounds like we should have made it deep into the playoffs in 2017.
we was just happy to be in playoff. our season end because we were 6 best team in afc,,,,

when you invite 8 defenders in the box, you realize that the 08 season was smoke and mirrors with a big assist from the WC and Ronnie Brown. Again, I stand by my contention that a QB who never won more than 25% of his games against top ten Ds and in playoffs, more like 21% may get kudos for good vibes, but not for much more. He's also the guy who didn't win another game after 08 '16th so there's that too.

Back
Top Bottom