The Book On Ryan Tannehill (parts 1 And 2) - Comprehensive Scouting Report | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Book On Ryan Tannehill (parts 1 And 2) - Comprehensive Scouting Report

So in conclusion Tannehill has to have perfect pass protection every down and an amazing supporting cast in order to have success. In which that case, we could win a superbowl with a backup QB a la Nick Foles and the Eagles. So the question still remains is Tannehill good enough or irreplaceable?

So in conclusion Tannehill has to have perfect pass protection every down and an amazing supporting cast in order to have success. In which that case, we could win a superbowl with a backup QB a la Nick Foles and the Eagles. So the question still remains is Tannehill good enough or irreplaceable?

That is not the conclusion. If, particularly after the video evidence of this page, that is YOUR conclusion, that is your right...and I wish you luck at your Flat Earth Society meetings.

The conclusion I came to is that anyone connected with that offensive line should have been arrested for fraud.

If that's the conclusion you reached then your analysis skills need really serious work. I mean, this is a terrible terrible conclusion. Embarrassing almost.

I'd like to first say that I do not consider myself a Tannehill hater in the slightest. I do, however, consider myself unbiased in my personal assessment of him (or anyone else on the Dolphins for that matter). With that in mind, you can talk about dropped passes and sacks till the sun goes down, but the simple fact of the matter is that there probably isn't a single defensive coordinator in the NFL that is worried about game-planning against Tannehill.

ive always supported who the qb has been for the dolphins i may have not liked many of them but ive supported tannehill from the get go and have been fairly optimistic in his play and potential.

it seems to be every year "next year is his year" he will elivate his play etc. but the dolphins have waited patiently and have to be looking at themselves and ask is it ever going to come together?

he has a couple good games here or there as well as some low games but mostly just mediocre.

i honestly dont believe he has that "IT FACTOR" to go out and win games with his will. honestly when i watch brady or brees or any of the good qbs play against us i get nervous feeling that those qbs are going to shread us but if tannehill played for another team i wouldnt get that nervous feeling.

ryan is exactly what the dolphins have been for years mediocre at best.

side note: tannehills game is reliant on his legs from countless rollouts and RPO's hes never been a pocket passer so how long will his lower body last after 2 knee surgerys?

ive always supported who the qb has been for the dolphins i may have not liked many of them but ive supported tannehill from the get go and have been fairly optimistic in his play and potential.

it seems to be every year "next year is his year" he will elivate his play etc. but the dolphins have waited patiently and have to be looking at themselves and ask is it ever going to come together?

he has a couple good games here or there as well as some low games but mostly just mediocre.

i honestly dont believe he has that "IT FACTOR" to go out and win games with his will. honestly when i watch brady or brees or any of the good qbs play against us i get nervous feeling that those qbs are going to shread us but if tannehill played for another team i wouldnt get that nervous feeling.

side note: tannehills game is reliant on his legs from countless rollouts and RPO's hes never been a pocket passer so how long will his lower body last after 2 knee surgerys?

I support the Fins when the kickoff takes place, no matter the player, but some people act like you aren't a true fan if you question the FO. It's why I question the FO; I want to see a Super Bowl win in my lifetime. I think Tannehill is a good QB, but not a top tier one. He will win if everything else is right, but I do not believe that he can consistently put the game on his shoulders like the great ones can. He is an okay option, until you find a better one. We rave about the 2016 season when he got injured, but he really only had 7 fantastic (above 90 rating) games, not even half a season, against NE, Clev, Pitt, Buf, SD, SF, Ari.

I'd like to first say that I do not consider myself a Tannehill hater in the slightest. I do, however, consider myself unbiased in my personal assessment of him (or anyone else on the Dolphins for that matter). With that in mind, you can talk about dropped passes and sacks till the sun goes down, but the simple fact of the matter is that there probably isn't a single defensive coordinator in the NFL that is worried about game-planning against Tannehill.

LOL. Love your misuse of the word fact..... to quote a great movie

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

LOL

Jesus, now facts don't matter.... 2 knee surgeries?????

No, but having some semblance of competence would go a long way...

I think if you look at his early years...the combo of o-line and WRs is comically bad. O-line was rated...consistently as bottom 3 in the league. IF we want to talk about actual facts...how many linemen have the Dolphins started in front of Tannehill that went to other teams are still in the league? What about WRs? The one year we had a solid group of WRs...some average play on the o-line and a coach that actually knows what he is doing...the team makes the playoffs.

As far as irreplaceable...no, he is not irreplaceable, but we saw last season that it isn't as easy as some make it seem to replace what he does.

A lot of posters rag on Ryan for the losses to end the season in 2013 against Buffalo and Jets including myself. But you also have to remember the 3 wins that proceeded it to get us in the position for the playoffs. At 5-6 he lead the Dolphins to wins over Jets, Steelers and Patriots before failing in those final 2 games. (2013) 3-2 record with season on the line. 9 TD's and 5 Ints in those 5 games.

The next year he came up with a big win at the Jets on Monday Night Football to keeps us alive at 7-5. Losses the following weeks vs Baltimore and at NE ended our season. (2014) 1-2 record with season on the line. 2 TD and and 3 Ints in those 3 games.

The next year he came up with a win against the Eagles to keeps us alive at 4-5. The following week a loss to Cowboys ended our playoff chances.
(2015) 1-1 record with season on the line. 4 TD's and 1 Int in those 2 games.

In 2016 we were never facing elimination until after Ryan got hurt.

So by my count Ryan has a 5-5 record in games that have season ending implications regarding playoffs. 15 TD's and 9 Ints. Not great but also not the terrible some would have you believe.

I guess they missed those 5 wins and just want to remember the losses . LOL.
I agree with most of your post Fins1971, except for the 2016 part... They started the year 1-4... I mean do you know the odds of a 1-4 team making the playoffs? Every game beyond that were elimination games in my book...

I understand your point of view. Here’s what I think the difference is between yours (and some others) and the general consensus of most of the posters here:

Yours: “When is Tannehill ever going to get it together? At some point it’s on him.”

Ours: “How much of this bs can ANY QB be expected to overcome? Tannehill has won despite the crap he’s been dealt; how much better would he be with a competent team?”

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. But:

A) Tannehill has had one surgery. And this “fragile” narrative is getting on my last nerve. Before his knee injury, Tannehill had started 77 straight games. Never missed a start *despite* the abuse.

B) Regarding your “Tannehill on another team wouldn’t scare me” point? It would me. It absolutely terrifies the **** out of me. There are currently two teams in the AFC that would scare the hell out of me with Tannehill on them in 2-3 years. One is Denver. The other one...I don’t even want to think about it.

I understand your point of view. Here’s what I think the difference is between yours (and some others) and the general consensus of most of the posters here:

Yours: “When is Tannehill ever going to get it together? At some point it’s on him.”

Ours: “How much of this bs can ANY QB be expected to overcome? Tannehill has won despite the crap he’s been dealt; how much better would he be with a competent team?”

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. But:

A) Tannehill has had one surgery. And this “fragile” narrative is getting on my last nerve. Before his knee injury, Tannehill had started 77 straight games. Never missed a start *despite* the abuse.

B) Regarding your “Tannehill on another team wouldn’t scare me” point? It would me. It absolutely terrifies the **** out of me. There are currently two teams in the AFC that would scare the hell out of me with Tannehill on them in 2-3 years. One is Denver. The other one...I don’t even want to think about it.

i apologize for say 2 surguries i was counting the stem cell treatment he opted for as one of them i should have clarified. i do agree he is not fragile he is tough as nails as a qb ive seen and continues to take punishment. what i was trying to get at is that he plays more with his legs as where tom brady tore his acl he does not rely on his legs like tannehill does. i love that tannehill uses his legs its one of my favorite things about him cause his roll out throws are near top tier in my opinion.

regading B. ok i see where you are comming from. i just want to see a little more killer instinct in him when you look at him and you know when the games on the line hes gonna take it down the throat of the team we face.

Back
Top Bottom