The Bottom Line that isn't Talked About . . . Was Ross On Board? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Bottom Line that isn't Talked About . . . Was Ross On Board?

From everything I have heard, Ross has opened his fat ****ing mouth and pretty much let the league inner circles know hes basically instructed the FO to tank.

We need a new owner, ASAP!

Yes, but the question is how long will he be patient? Its already uglier than most could have imagined

I don't think anyone knows the answer to that question. To even speculate about it, we'd have to know Ross much better than we do.

I started this thread to remind everyone that Ross is likely all in on this, based on things he's said in the past. Does the extreme nature by which his instructions were followed matter to him this year? I don't think anyone knows. I'd love to see some credible sources comment on it. However, I'm doubtful that will happen any time soon.

One thing we learned about Boss Ross is he always waits too long to make a change. This crew is at least getting 3-4 years to prove something.

Stephen Ross is an 80 year old man who is worth around $8 billion. The Dolphins are not doing what they're doing for this year's profits to be better than they otherwise would. To the extent he wants to make the most money possible, it will be when he or his heirs sell the team, and you get a better price by having an organization that is a sustainable winner, especially that has a franchise QB. Not a perpetual 7-9 zombie.

Yup. You dont put paint and new shutters on a tenement.

You level it and build a high rise.

I don't think anyone knows the answer to that question. To even speculate about it, we'd have to know Ross much better than we do.

I started this thread to remind everyone that Ross is likely all in on this, based on things he's said in the past. Does the extreme nature by which his instructions were followed matter to him this year? I don't think anyone knows. I'd love to see some credible sources comment on it. However, I'm doubtful that will happen any time soon.

Obviously he approves of the strategy. He more or less said so when Tannehill was traded.

I don’t know if he personally had to approve the Tunsil trade, although I doubt it. At most, he probably said only do it if you can’t say no, which is hay happened.

How truly bad the team is seems to have taken people by surprise, and again, I’ll guess Ross is one of them. However, he obviously didn’t step in to shut down any talk of trading Minkah, so it’s safe to deduce that he’s sold on whatever Grier is doing,

I'm sure Steve Ross was apprised of some of this stuff but I'd honestly be surprised if he did much of anything other than to give Chris Grier and Brian Flores their directives and expectations, then ask them to meet their objectives the best and most appropriate way they could.

I don't think they're currently doing that, though. I think they're violating one of his important directives, and the results are not meeting expectations.

So I get the point, who wants to be historically bad or embarrassed at home?
I have feeling- given the owner’s acumen and real estate background, he appreciates the concept of investment and patience.
He has basically demolished his underperforming apartment building and now owns a piece of land but he can see the tremendous upside.. btw it takes 2-3 years in Real Estate to build from ground up and become profitable.

Do you know what PE is?

Another tip, being semi-coherent when you post helps everyone.

I'm currently sitting in my summer home in France semi-retired before the age of the 50 what do you think?.

Wow, guys like you.....just wow.

Holy moly you're one of those, ok...you're not worth it.

I’m one of those that at least wants to know what someone is talking about when they’re responding to something I wrote. Most people are that way.

I’m one of those that at least wants to know what someone is talking about when they’re responding to something I wrote. Most people are that way.

Ok, in the simplest terms, where do you think the money comes from for RE project of any scale? If you thought for second Ross isn't involved you are seriously misinformed.

Anyway, im done discussing it with you, it would be a waste of time and needless belligerence

From everything I have heard, Ross has opened his fat ****ing mouth and pretty much let the league inner circles know hes basically instructed the FO to tank.

We need a new owner, ASAP!

To what end? If Ross has told the league we are tanking, it did not seem to impact being able to get value back in the Tunsil trade. And it's not like the other teams can't see the strategy anyway.

Ok, in the simplest terms, where do you think the money comes from for RE project of any scale? If you thought for second Ross isn't involved you are seriously misinformed.

Anyway, im done discussing it with you, it would be a waste of time and needless belligerence

The money for his real estate projects comes from banks and from equity investors of various sorts. It doesn’t have much to do with how he runs the Dolphins, as they’re, you know, different kinds of businesses. And it certainly doesn’t have anything to do with how PEGs run things.

And btw, there’s an actual PEG fellow who owns an NFL team. I think he goes by the name Kraft and owns a team in New England. They don’t win all that much supposedly though because all he cares about is keeping costs down or something.

Back
Top Bottom