The Bottom Line that isn't Talked About . . . Was Ross On Board? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Bottom Line that isn't Talked About . . . Was Ross On Board?

Hang around the PEG (private equity group) guys and one soon discovers they have a plan (or try to) to every contingency including their own errors in judgment.

Stephen Ross is not a PEG guy.

And the other team I root for is owned by arguably the most successful PEG guy in the world, and he doesn’t run the team like you think he would.

Was Ross consulted BEFORE the Tunsil trade and subsequent roster churning just before the season? This is never talked about, hence the thread.

Personally? I think there's really no way to be sure, but my vibe is that I he was. Neither Grier nor Flores strike me as foolish or suicidal, career wise. Thoughts?

SORRY! Please move to a normal thread?

I would bet Stills was a trade Target the minute after the Trump saga. And Ross was the one pushing for Stills to be traded ASAP, so he should have been aware of the deal with the Texans as it included his Target on it.

What do you mean? We probably chose Flores because he was one of the only candidates okay with the full on rebuild. I saw a quote a few weeks ago, Ross asked him, Brian this is what we're gonna do and are you ok with it, Flores said yes.

Was Ross consulted BEFORE the Tunsil trade and subsequent roster churning just before the season? This is never talked about, hence the thread.

Personally? I think there's really no way to be sure, but my vibe is that I he was. Neither Grier nor Flores strike me as foolish or suicidal, career wise. Thoughts?

SORRY! Please move to a normal thread?

I have no doubt he was, but really does matter, Miami was not going to the playoffs this year, and how can anyone say no to two 1st round picks?

I have no doubt he was, but really does matter, Miami was not going to the playoffs this year, and how can anyone say no to two 1st round picks?
Agreed . . . I just wonder why I'm seeing so much surprise and negative reactions to what's transpired thus far. I suspect Ross told them to do a thorough house cleaning, then reminded them again this summer. As for Tunsil, I think he knew he would not be worth more than 2 x 1s over the next two years.

Last edited:
I'm sure Steve Ross was apprised of some of this stuff but I'd honestly be surprised if he did much of anything other than to give Chris Grier and Brian Flores their directives and expectations, then ask them to meet their objectives the best and most appropriate way they could.

I don't think they're currently doing that, though. I think they're violating one of his important directives, and the results are not meeting expectations.

I don't think Ross imagined losing 59-10 and having a locker room nightmare already in week 2. I think he expected to be bad this year, but I doubt he's happy with possibly being historically bad. Who knows though?

All these hunches, vibes, speculations and gut feelings don't add up to actual fact. We can all chime in and provide what we think happened but nobody really knows.

I have to admit I never thought it was going to be this bad. I thought we’d see a tough competitive football team that just wouldn’t have enough horses to win many games. Instead this is looking like a team that CANT win any games. Even the players I thought may be good sucked last week. I’m all for getting the QB but this product is pathetic.

That went out the window once the team traded Tunsil and stills days before the season and then cut other players on both sides of the ball who had an entire camp to at least learn the system. Once the Tunsil/Stills trade was made, this team was all in on the tank. It is obvious...

That went out the window once the team traded Tunsil and stills days before the season and then cut other players on both sides of the ball who had an entire camp to at least learn the system. Once the Tunsil/Stills trade was made, this team was all in on the tank. It is obvious...
Tunsil and Stills weren't winning that game Sunday.

Yup my jaw dropped 3 or 4 times on final cut down weekend.

Stephen Ross is not a PEG guy.

And the other team I root for is owned by arguably the most successful PEG guy in the world, and he doesn’t run the team like you think he would.

LOL......wow....just wow.

I have to admit I never thought it was going to be this bad. I thought we’d see a tough competitive football team that just wouldn’t have enough horses to win many games. Instead this is looking like a team that CANT win any games. Even the players I thought may be good sucked last week. I’m all for getting the QB but this product is pathetic.
Forget winning games. This is looking like a team that will never have a lead. A team that can’t even win a qtr.

Back
Top Bottom