The Bounty controversy is moving to Washington and could affect Manning's decision | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Bounty controversy is moving to Washington and could affect Manning's decision

catch22

New Mexico Fin Fan
Reaction score
Peyton Manning when released has some decisions to make. If the decision came down to Washington vs Miami (which many analysts have said it might), I think there is a greater chance now compared to a week ago that Manning will pick Miami over Washington. If the dolphins choose to pursue Manning, this Bounty scandal comes at the perfect time. Here are two reasons why.

Manning's Neck Injury likely originated from a Washington Redskins hit according to his then coach Tony Dungy (link to story below). While the Bounty program that existed in Washington seems to have been ended by Williams successor,This might have an impact on Manning's possible decision to play in Washington.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...illiams-redskins-d?module=HP11_content_stream

The NFL is now moving the Bounty probe to the redskins (link below) and they are not out of the water as far as possible draft pick penalty's. Manning may be less inclined to want to go to a team with a brewing controversy on its hands.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7644139/nfl-reportedly-probe-washington-redskins-bounties

Is it a healthy place for Manning to rehab in the city that likely caused his Injury? Maybe Peyton doesn't care about any of this, but if he does at all it bodes well for Miami's chances at signing him. At least compared to the Redskins.

What do you guys think?

well we can pray it will but i really doubt this affects his decision

yeah, peyton headed for Washington. bank it. ;)

I really have no idea why anyone thinks Peyton will choose Washington. He will not want to be in Eli's division, and the Redskins are terrible. If he doesn't come here, he'll go to the Cards, the Niners, the Titans. No chance he's a Redskin.

I think Peyton would rather play in the AFC, with the chance of only playing Eli in the big game. Miami is always warm which is better for his issues. My wife has had major ankle surgery and the cold makes it painful whereas in the summer it's alot less. He lives down there, Miami has some weapons for him to play with. And the reception this guy will get if he decides to signs here will assure him that he made the right decision.

I really have no idea why anyone thinks Peyton will choose Washington. He will not want to be in Eli's division, and the Redskins are terrible. If he doesn't come here, he'll go to the Cards, the Niners, the Titans. No chance he's a Redskin.

I love how the redskins are horrible yet we are just a qb away. We had one more win than Washington and are probably close to the same distance from superbowl, I have no clue where manning may go but to act like he would not go to wash but would come to us based on talent is slightly absurd

I love how the redskins are horrible yet we are just a qb away. We had one more win than Washington and are probably close to the same distance from superbowl, I have no clue where manning may go but to act like he would not go to wash but would come to us based on talent is slightly absurd

I never said we are "just a qb away." It's part of the reason that I think it'd be absurd to trade the house for RG3. In any case, I do think we are a much better team than Washington, but, even assuming we are dead even, that just proves my point. Unlike Washington, we are not in the NFC East, and, unlike Washington, we are not in D.C. Most importantly, unlike Washington, we don't have Shanahan -- the control freak of all control freaks. So, assuming Manning is picking between the 'Skins and the 'Fins, why on earth would he choose the 'Skins?

In any case, ultimately I agree with you. I have no idea where Manning will go. I will bet money it's not Washington, though.

I never said we are "just a qb away." It's part of the reason that I think it'd be absurd to trade the house for RG3. In any case, I do think we are a much better team than Washington, but, even assuming we are dead even, that just proves my point. Unlike Washington, we are not in the NFC East, and, unlike Washington, we are not in D.C. Most importantly, unlike Washington, we don't have Shanahan -- the control freak of all control freaks. Ultimately, I agree with you. I have no idea where Manning will go. I will bet money it's not Washington, though.

i dont think we are a qb away but qb is the most important position and we need to get our long term guy. Too often we have settled at qb or tryed to find a bargain and we havent been good at it

Most of the experts feel Miami is the front runner to get him. I think there is always a possibility he could go back to Indy but they would probably need a few players to restructure their contracts to clear up some cap space. After all the changes in Indy I doubt Peyton would want to stay there. The video I saw on the NFL Network appears to show a Skin's player bending Peyton backward and this may be what caused Peyton's neck injury. I guess we will see next week where he decides to go.

IF Manning wants to win he'll go to the 49ers. That would be the smart thing to do. They're a far FAR better team than the dolphins and the niners are just a qb away from a title

The Bay area is a far nicer and more affluent place to live every day than the poverty stricken city and the hellish everyday heat of miami. You might as well live in your oven, and live with sapped energy all day every single day living there (as it thins your blood and you feel like sh it - thats one of many reasons why so many miamians are total a-holes for the most part).

Miami is okay to visit for a few days but to live there everyday sucks balls . The people are also quite dumb in miami, rude and superficial, basically all full of themselves for the most part. Miami is a Horrible place to raise a family and one of the very last places in north america one should consider raising their kids .. and you can write a book on the negative reasons why.

miami has a beach. Big fukkin deal ,, so do alot of other places (that are much nicer than miami) . everyone I knew down there through the years, eventually left that horrible place to much better and greener pastures
(myself included)

Daniel Snyder could screw up managing a darn donut stand! It would not make sense to play in same division as his brother with a screwed up team. The only thing going is if he has very high opinion of Shanahan. If it was me that would not be enough. Snyder is still the owner, Skins still spend their money unwisely, and they just ooze a culture of underachievement and entitlement. Not a good environment that jives with Peyton's make up and character I would think.

Back
Top Bottom