The Browns could trade for Landry and James | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Browns could trade for Landry and James

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
The Browns have $60M in cap space in 2018. Problem, no one good will sign with them. They have 3 second round picks a 3rd, 2 4ths and 2 5ths. ****, they might even trade down from #4. While their 12+ picks will net a lot of young, cheap talent they need talented veterans to build around. I could see us tagging and trading Landry to them for their early 3rd and James for their late second. They have the money to extend them. The players they have at those positions suck. We'd be in great shape to replace them.

Last edited:
A third for Landry? Because we find guys like Landry in third rounds on a common basis?

Unfortunately in the position we are with him that's about all he would fetch. Honestly I'd rather the 3rd now than lose him to FA and having to wait a year for a late 3rd or pay him what he wants. I do think he's replaceable. If we lose him there's a long list of guys in the draft I'd rather have not to mention what we have in house. Kirk, Moore, Tate, Ridley, Cobb, Miller, Brown, Campbell, Ateman... This is a good year for mid round WRs, deep draft, just not very good at the top. Watch some Kirk, Moore, Miller and Campbell and tell me they aren't better than Landry exactly at what Landry does. Kirk and Moore are late 1st rounders. Moore might make it to the 2nd. Miller and Campbell will go between the second and third.

Brown's wouldn't make that trade because Landry would sign a long-term deal in that ****hole

Lol, agreed! Landry will probably go somewhere that has a badass QB like Greenbay and be dominant

Give it a few years...the Browns will be vastly better than us.

They may need to get a new HC first, but their Front office is much much better than ours. Their assistant GM would be an upgrade over our GM

@Stills&Landry why wouldnt anyone good for them? Players will go there for the same reason Suh joined a far from great Dolphins team - money

They may need to get a new HC first, but their Front office is much much better than ours. Their assistant GM would be an upgrade over our GM

They definitely have a huge advantage over us with cap and draft picks. If they just got the picks right then they would be set.

Give it a few years...the Browns will be vastly better than us.

If they play it smart those picks and that money are a good foundation. Take Darnold, trade down from #4 and trade for players they would otherwise have no shot at signing.

Lol, agreed! Landry will probably go somewhere that has a badass QB like Greenbay and be dominant

Landry would have no choice and apparently money's a big deal for him. No way GB would pay him. They cut Cobb.

Back
Top Bottom