Practice Squad
Reaction score
Here is the top five.

1. Oklahoma 3.92

2. Miami 6.91

3. Notre Dame

4. Va Tech

5. Georgia

The correct two teams are on top. Don't know about the order.

Boomer Sooner.

Originally posted by RobertHoover
ND and Miami are close enough to make it interesting if they both win out.
not really, even if miami squeaked through on all the rest of their games, you can't take it away from a team that has the longest win streak in the nation, they gotta defend their championship, use your head!:rolleyes:

The only problem with that is Notre Dame's political presence. If they go unbeaten It could be a problem for the Sooners or the Canes. I agree that you shouldn't take it away from the defending champs.

Just think Miami has won what 29 games in a row? They still have to win 19 more to break the record. (47 by Oklahoma) It would be cool for them to meet in the championship game so the Sooners could send them packing.

Originally posted by Angneli
The only problem with that is Notre Dame's political presence. If they go unbeaten It could be a problem for the Sooners or the Canes. I agree that you shouldn't take it away from the defending champs.

Just think Miami has won what 29 games in a row? They still have to win 19 more to break the record. (47 by Oklahoma) It would be cool for them to meet in the championship game so the Sooners could send them packing.
we shall see what we shall see, providing oklahoma makes it!:p

Originally posted by dolfan06
not really, even if miami squeaked through on all the rest of their games, you can't take it away from a team that has the longest win streak in the nation, they gotta defend their championship, use your head!:rolleyes:

I agree Miami and Ok are better teams. The concern I would have (and yes I want to see a Miami/Ok title game so I do care) is if ND gets to #3 in the ESPN/AP polls they may pass either Ok or Miami on the stupid BCS rankings.

Teams have been screwed before (Oregon and Miami the past two years) and one may be screwed again.

UGA should play for the title if Miami or Oklahoma lose one and UGA stays undefeated.

Your first paragraph is silly. Political pressesnce doesn't hold any weight in the computers of the BCS. The fact is Notre Dame has won against good opponets, and this could possibly be the best thing that has happend to college football in a long time. I am a huge Huricane fan, but I am so sick of them playing teams like UCONN, and 1AA Florida A&M. That is like me at 6'1'' tall going to the local nursery school to play some basketball. If Miami, Oaklahoma, and Notre Dame go undefeated, and USC and Fla St win out Notre Dame will be in the Feista bowl. Not because they are the nation's sweet heart when it comes to NCAA football, but because they scheduled 12 games against 12 good football teams. If it happens, and Miami misses out on the national championship everyone will be screaming for a playoff, but what they should really scream for is an athletic director that schedules games for the love of the game, and not the allmighty dollar. If it happens it will be great, every solid team will have to schedule 1 more game against a good opponet in fear that they could be the next 2002 Hurricanes, and the fans will be the big winners.

What I mean when I say politics is the polls. If Notre Dame goes undefeated they will steal first place votes from Miami and OK. Their influence on voters in the polls could help them leapfrog Miami. That would be a travesty.

i don't think anybody has to worry about ND anymore this year!;)

Yeah, but now they have to worry about Ohio St. They have another big game against Mich that will help their strength of schedule big time. If the defending natinonal title winner goes undefeated, and doesn't play for the crown it will be the worst thing that has happend to college football ever.

Originally posted by Dajesus
Yeah, but now they have to worry about Ohio St. They have another big game against Mich that will help their strength of schedule big time. If the defending natinonal title winner goes undefeated, and doesn't play for the crown it will be the worst thing that has happend to college football ever.
turn that aound, what if osu loses!;)

Back
Top Bottom