The Bumpus Manifesto | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Bumpus Manifesto

I was born in Miami. I lived there off and on from the time I was born until I was seven. When I was a kid I could not watch games because of where I lived. But one I got my own pad, I have been watching the phins ever since. Before that, when I got my first computer around the age of 19 I would pull up the game online on radio and watch on gamecast espn. I now watch every single game start to finish. I dvr them and sometimes watch them 2 times. I have only been to one Dolphins game. I should make it to more. But its kinda tough. Realistically I can make it to one each year ..but even thats tough.. I will continue to watch them from home until I can go to games in So Fl. I have actually become more of fan watching them lose then I ever was when Marino was QB. Hopefully someday we can turn this thing around...Fans are a big part of it..We cant really make our team better, but we can make the other team play worse..I cant speak for ppl who live in Florida, but there are some good posters on here with some good points.

Florida has the highest unemployment rate, it also has a huge immigrate population. Those 2 factors alone support why the stands are empty, but we have sold out alot of games in a row.. Now maybe fans are not there and maybe they did not purchase those tickets.. But some business did so they would not lose advertising revenue. Just seems like ppl are watching from home..

I am a diehard fin fan and have been one since before I could even understand the game. I remember being too young to stay up to watch MNF (dad would carry me to bed) During those games I would get woken up by my parents screaming at the tv (usually my mom, lol). I would come out of my room to watch the rest of the game. My parents are transplants of sorts, as they moved from Jamaica in 1980.

I go to maybe one game a year, unless I get free tickets. I just cannot afford it, as I have been laid off twice since 2009. Times are hard down here (well the whole country). Regardless, I watch EVERY game on tv and have since I can remember. But, you better believe as soon as I can afford it, I will be a season ticket holder.

However, we do have a TON of fair weather fans. I know a lot of people who are fans of some random NFL team of a city they have absolutely no connection to or just hate the Dolphins because "they do not win enough." It makes me sick.

You're a "fair weather fan". Not a real fan at all. True fans are fans thru thick and thin, and not just when the team is winning.

I think just about everyone reading and posting on this site is a true fan. But fact remains, the fair weather fans you speak of, which sadly is a large percentage of any team's fan base, needs a winning product on the field to go to the games. Let's hope they get it this year. Not that they deserve it, but we sure as hell do!

know I am a forty three percenter but I have one question were the questions asked in English or Spanish?

You're a "fair weather fan". Not a real fan at all. True fans are fans thru thick and thin, and not just when the team is winning.
Dont tell me what I am or am not. Sadly, I bleed aqua and orange and have no choice but to stick with this franchise regardless of the numerous awful decisions they often make. In fact, calling anyone who frequents a team's message board in an offseason, in which there may not even be a season at all, is LOL funny to me.

To ask people, many of which are jobless and/or losing their homes to pay top dollar to watch a boring product the last 10 years is absurd. Hate to break it to you, but sports are supposed to be a distraction from real life. People will not want to go to a sports event and come out more depressed than before they walked in.

Dont tell me what I am or am not. Sadly, I bleed aqua and orange and have no choice but to stick with this franchise regardless of the numerous awful decisions they often make. In fact, calling anyone who frequents a team's message board in an offseason, in which there may not even be a season at all, is LOL funny to me.

To ask people, many of which are jobless and/or losing their homes to pay top dollar to watch a boring product the last 10 years is absurd. Hate to break it to you, but sports are supposed to be a distraction from real life. People will not want to go to a sports event and come out more depressed than before they walked in.
:fhpotd::fhpotd::fhpotd::fh::fhpotd:

That's the biggest load of crap I have ever heard. I guess Bills fan are idiots or something because look how bad they have been yet they still sell out every single game. Chiefs fans are insane too because even when their team is horrible 80,000 plus still show up. The Giants, Packers, and Steelers are all sold out for 20 years plus, when they have an off year their fans are going to regret buying those seats. Just because a team is bad/mediocre doesn't mean that people regret buying tickets and going to the game, its their escape because they love supporting their team no matter what. I think that you just don't quite understand that, some people will do whatever it takes to make sure they are at their teams game every Sunday no matter how bad financially things are, because its their escape for better or for worse with their team.

That's why Miami has the worst fans, because their really aren't that many people that feel that way about the Dolphins, and it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with how good or bad the team is.

If you need further proof look at the Miami Heat, yeah they sold out, but hell that stadium wasn't even loud.

I gotta believe this is in large part to the hispanic population of south Florida.

[video=youtube;vzww11h8s8A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzww11h8s8A[/video]

28​
Dolphins
43%
29​
49ers
42%
30​
Giants
40%
31​
Jets
37%
32​
Raiders
28%​

The teams that are ranked below us, with the exception of the niners, are known for having rabid fan bases. Jets, Giants and Raiders? you kidding me? Maybe this chart isn't an accurate tool for measuring the fanatcism....

We are a bad fan base city, even if we did get another Dan Marino and even if we were going deep into the playoffs, we would just get a bunch of bandwagoners and if we didnt win the Superbowl they would be gone by the following year

This city received Lebron James Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh this past year, the most hyped trifecta EVER, and we dont even show up on time to their games

LOL at blaming the fans. We arent the one's putting that boring product on the field.

Please, I have to go every year to see this team against the Jets in Jersey, with fans that are normally drunk by the time they leave the house.

Also we can say many things about Jets fans, but during the 70s, 80s, and 90s, but they were more times then not 3rd or worst, yet the fans continues to sell out season after season.

Your either a Dolphin fan, or trying to pretend your a Dolphin fan....please don't give me the "Every fan roots a different way" either you support this team though thick and thin, or your just waiting for them to get back in style again so that you can look good in your football gear.

I have no doubt that you are a fan, but there are many out there that have the money, have the time, but will not even go to one game if the Dolphins are losing, those are pretenders, and fair weather fans.

Even if you can go to one game, you can help the team, ever heard of the 12th player? Miami won many games in the 70s, 80s, and 90s with fans just making it impossible for opponants to feel comfortable in the game.

I have no doubt that you are a fan, but there are many out there that have the money, have the time, but will not even go to one game if the Dolphins are losing, those are pretenders, and fair weather fans.

Even if you can go to one game, you can help the team, ever heard of the 12th player? Miami won many games in the 70s, 80s, and 90s with fans just making it impossible for opponants to feel comfortable in the game.
You guys arent separating the "hardcore" fans(guys that live and die with their teams, buy all the paraphernalia, frequent team message boards, listen to all the team pressers, etc etc etc), from the FANBASE. We are the vocal MINORITY, nothing more than a fraction of the total fanbase.

The majority of fans who go to Dolphin games, Jet games, Heat games, Laker games, etc go for the experience, enjoy it for what it is. Win or lose, they enjoy it or shake their heads for a couple of hours afterwards, then move on with their lives. I suppose we can make an exception with the Steelers and Packer fanbases, but the reality is those teams have been consistent winners for some time.

Believe it or not, Dolphin fans like us that frequent Finheaven and live and die with this team arent the typical people you see at Sunlife(or most other stadiums for that matter).

Back
Top Bottom