The Bust Factor | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Bust Factor

volk

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Just wanting to vent a little here about the anti-Alex Smith opinions stating he will be "a bust". Whether or not you like Alex Smith, hate Alex Smith, want Brown, hate Brown, etc...can we please move past "the bust" argument?

Every single person taken in this draft class has an EQUAL chance to be "a bust", making it the worst argument for or against any potential pick. Injuries, prison terms, mental issues, inability to adjust to the NFL game are potential issues for every single player taken. IOW, Ronnie Brown and Alex Smith have the same amount of potential to be busts or successes.

Better arguments are value, scheme, need, intangibles, work ethics, intelligence, physical attributes, etc., but the "he will be a bust" comments are starting to make some of you sound like spoiled infants pissed because you may not get your way :shakeno:

I don't think he'll be a bust but let me just be devil's advocate here for a second: I mean just as much as you think that he won't be a bust there is going to be somebody that thinks that he'll be the biggest bust since Ryan Leaf. That's the beauty of free will and since you have the right to post your opinion, so does everybody else.

Of course anyone can believe another player will be "a bust", but I guess I expect more from 'Fin fans...some of you are starting to sound like Jet's fans :eek:

kingnate85 said:
You can't go wrong with a picture of Marisa Miller as your avatar.

Now THAT is a bust :eek:

I think drafting Brown or Benson you have the least chance of complete failiure.

Caddy could end up being the best but he may not be able to take the pounding.

QB's are hit or miss (Except Losman of course :) )

The wideouts should be good, but they could end up being mediocre players.

Back
Top Bottom