The case for Derrick Brown | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The case for Derrick Brown

I would be thrilled if Kinlaw lasted at 18 but i doubt it will happen.

If they can't get Tua at 5(or with the 5 pick + more)I would trade down or go BPA at 5. That looks like a defensive player but it could be their favorite OT.

If using 5 I would go Brown/Simmons/Kinlaw and then jockey around with 18 and 26 to get a QB I like(Love or Herbert presumably).

I prefer to trade back from 26 to add more picks this year or next but if I am drafting 3 players in the 1st round I would want to come away with a QB, an OT and afront 7 defensive player, most likely a DL. The board looks(right now anyway)like the value/need matches up pretty good to do so, depending on what they do(or don't do)at QB.

Staying put they should be able to get a quality OT at 18 or possibly 26, same with DL.

But we don't know who they like among the 7 possible 1st round OT's so it is harder to project who they might take at 18 or 26 at that position.

I am pretty confident that they like Brown/Kinlaw/Epenesa at DL, not sure how they feel about Chiasson or Baun or Gross-Matos, or Blacklock etc...

QB is obvious but i feel they have to come out of this draft significantly improved at both OL and DL. They should be able to address interior OL in FA and find an OT early.I don't think they can find much pass rush help in FA so they need to pursue a DE/Edge that fits their scheme early as well. As much as i like some of the DT's if possible I would like to see Chiasson or Baun added if possible.

Signing a couple interior OL free agents starters and draft a starting OTOr 2), and beefing up the front 7 should be jobs 1 and 2(QB is it's own category)of this offseason.

Best case for me without trading is Tua at 5, Epenesa/Chiasson at 18 and OT at 26, unless they love a particular OT they have to grab earlier and then you go Baun at 26 or Gross-Matos perhaps.

QB and beef up the trenches should be their goal.

I'd be down with taking Brown at #5. The Trenches win championships. We haven't had good deep trenches in 2 decades.

Derrick Brown is legit. Can’t believe how many potentially dominant defensive players are in this draft.

Brown will be a great pick for any other team, for us though we have other priorities that are more important. If we pass on a QB at 5 then for me, it's got to be Simmons if he's still there, then Brown. But at the end of the day if we pass on a QB at 5, it doesn't really matter what else we do in the draft we are not going to the playoffs anytime soon with a 37 year old Fitz and Rosen as our QB room.

Before we can even start talking about drafting any other position, you better know that Burrow and Tua are gone. And then if they're gone you better have a good answer for when we ask you why didn't you get one of them??

If Cincinnati won’t trade pick 1 why do I need a good answer for not drafting Burrow?

I think “ we think Tua is a human potato chip “ is an adequate answer for not drafting him. Ross has even expressed concerns and I’m pretty sure he’ll buy it.

I mean...

The Dolphins need a QB. And there's a really good one this year, and he's injured. And he's a risk, and I still say he's worth getting. Because it will be so much worse to pass on him and have him be great than to take a chance on him and have him fail.

I know all of this. And the Dolphins SHOULD draft Tua.

But...I watch Derrick Brown play, and he has done **** more than once that I haven't seen a D-Lineman do since Reggie White. His power and speed is just insane. So if they draft Derrick Brown? I won't throw things.

Back
Top Bottom