The Case for drafting Marcus Peters vs. DeVante Parker | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Case for drafting Marcus Peters vs. DeVante Parker

I just think people are a little apprehensive because they really haven't seen Parker in action . . . while Peters is having great success with KC.

Make no mistakes about it, Parker is the most talented guy in this WR group . . . if Stills ends up building a great rapport with Tannehill . . . . the trio of Kenny, Jarvis and Devante could be the best young trio in the league IMO.

This is also predicated on Tannehill getting some time to throw.

parker brings something this wr core doesn't have without him so he does have additional value in that sense. but seriously, it's a crapshoot so let's see how he looks in a full game demonstration before stacking him up next to an alternative choice, eh?

First games and heck even a player's entire first season are both largely irrelevant. A player's first season is only for idiotic ESPN snap judgements like "Mario Williams is a bust" and "Hackeem Nicks is the next coming of Jerry Rice!"

Character, game plan and most importantly injury regularity are what make a player special and I don't care what "puppies bite early" gasbag Parcells says, that is usually quantifiable from the 2nd year on.

Parker no doubt, its silly to start a thread like that after 2 games

Sample size isn't big enough. Let's have this convo at the end of year 2.

Well , it's only two games . It takes longer than that for guys like Peters to get into trouble . There was a reason he fell in the draft and it wasn't because he couldn't play .

So it's hard to say at this point .

Not sure how Peters would help us beat Denver. He did a good job on DT but in the end DT made the plays when the game was on the line and won the battle. Parker will help us out-score the really good teams hopefully

We have a very good, young passing nucleus (Tannehill, Landry, Parker), that can mature together and should hopefully make our passing game a strength for several years. No way I would give that up.

Agree. Its nice to have an FO that is keeping the future in mind.

I wish Peters the best, but he carried major red flags into the draft. You can see that he has all the physical tools and instincts you'd want. Beyond his issues with coaches and dismissal from the team, he performed poorly at the Combine - given his actual talent. If he keeps it together, he'll probably be a better player than Parker, but Parker doesn't carry the same concerns, and he looks like someone who will develop into a very good player. I can't blame the FO for playing it safe here. If they were going to take a risk on someone, I'd have gone with Gregory before Peters.

I, too, have nothing against Peters. The last time Miami acquired a CB in Rd 1 w/ red flags (V Davis); it did not work out so well.

I would have preferred Shaq Thompson or Kendricks because the LB corps needing improving just as much as the WR corps. In the long run, the phins chose wisely going with Parker.

I do not project much depth at WR next year. I do not see any way we keep Jennings because of age and money. We will save $4M on the cap in 2016 by cutting him. Matthews is a FA. There has been friction between him and Philbin, while clicking with Tannehill. I'm thinking he will be gone.

That leaves us with Landry, Stills, and Parker, with maybe Hazel.

drafting parker is akin to hedging our bets. in a couple of years, landry and parker might be the envy of the entire league, and by that time we'll see if we can get something accomplished with the secondary and linebackers. Personally I like the focus on the offense these last two drafts, because the defense in the modern NFL is meant to SLOW down an opposing offense, not shut them down, and its more of a question of... is our offense better than their offense? by drafting parker we are taking a chance on the offense winning games, not the defense.

1-800 Devante Parker - dude is a beast! Landry and Parker are the best we've had since Duper and Clayton (those two seriously BAD MFs).

Well two games don't make a career obviously Peters is looking like a stud and a much better pick at this point.

Now I do question is it because of Peters or us it because of a pressuring front 7.

QB pressure always will make CBS be better and based off your offseason signings that's what you tried to improve.

Also at the time of the draft I would not exactly call your WR position loaded

Not disagreeing with pressure helping out his cause so far this season... but Peters actually has had an amazing camp and has been highly spoken about. No issues, no attitude, just all out work hard and learning right off the bat. Watching him play as well, he has covered some top WRs already and has completely stayed right with them consistently too. He not only has made a couple nice INTs, but has many pass deflections as well, along with just creating incompletions with tight coverage. Even more shocking might being him in the tackling aspect as well now too.

just hopefully for KC, and all of football, he continues to develop and have no head issues or off the field issues.... good luck Peters!!!

I think the thinking here was we paid Suh a lot of money of Defense that should help everyone, including DBs. We also led the league in Red Zone appearances last year but were only like 15th in scoring TD's. Although we had quality receivers, we still lacked a legit Red Zone threat. I think we made the right decision. The Jordan Cameron decision is looking pretty good so far too!

in 2 years when Parker is mentioned in the same breath as Julio or AJ Green come see me

Back
Top Bottom