The Case for drafting Marcus Peters vs. DeVante Parker | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Case for drafting Marcus Peters vs. DeVante Parker

Really it was Devante vs Kevin Johnson. KJ was the consensus next CB to be taken when we picked. Peters probably wasn't even in our board. My gut tells me Devante is NOT going to become a star. Hope I am wrong.

Im sure hoops the bone graft has something to do with that extended time frame, i am assuming the article you read had stated that was performed..?

I personally think it was a rebreak scenario...which makes me really nervous about long term prognosis

And maybe devantaes was a bone graft scenario as well thus the 10 to 12 weeks

Last edited by a moderator:
wpaffadaaf_06-1.png

Replacing a screw has nearly the same effect as a break. They still need to allow the bone to heal.

I think with philbin as coach its not wise to bring a lot of poor character guys around. Not in miami, he wouldn't be able to keep them in check. That's why he doesn't want them. We would end up looking like "the U". Which would be fun, but would probably end in implosion.

Yeah, this is why it was smart to do the surgery when they did. Dez's time table is all over the place because of the bone graft, which, while common for a break there, still brings added risks of infection and whatnot.

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

I think with philbin as coach its not wise to bring a lot of poor character guys around. Not in miami, he wouldn't be able to keep them in check. That's why he doesn't want them. We would end up looking like "the U". Which would be fun, but would probably end in implosion.

Character was no doubt a major factor. Johnson would have made more sense if Parker didn't fall to us...though so would Kendricks.

Unfortunately with this staff erik kendricks would be on the bench right now anyways...i have no doubts

Kevin johnson would have been the clean ideal fit corner for this d...hes a good one too...but i do think peters is a special talent...to come out like he has the first 2 games as a starter is not a fluke...his effort has been much more consistent in the pros thus far which wasnt always the case in college

Unfortunately with this staff erik kendricks would be on the bench right now anyways...i have no doubts

Kevin johnson would have been the clean ideal fit corner for this d...hes a good one too...but i do think peters is a special talent...to come out like he has the first 2 games as a starter is not a fluke...his effort has been much more consistent in the pros thus far which wasnt always the case in college

I like Peters a lot. Saw him a lot as a PAC-12 fan (ASU). Just didn't see him matching personality-wise.

After yesterday's game, my post is making more and more sense. Parker was a non-factor and Brice McCain was a factor as he made Bortles look like Joe Montana out there

After yesterday's game, my post is making more and more sense. Parker was a non-factor and Brice McCain was a factor as he made Bortles look like Joe Montana out there

You're fooling yourself if you think Peters would be playing at the same level under this coaching staff. We're not going to know what we have in our younger players until we get a real crew.

Personally Peters was the guy I wanted. We were already deep at WR. Parker could very well turn into our best WR, but for the current team CB was more valuable to me.

Back
Top Bottom