The Catch? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Catch?

In the open field there is a rule that says a player who catches the ball and makes a football move before dropping the ball has fumbled. This includes taking two steps after the catch. The ball WAS caught, he took two steps (TD already), THEN his knee hit - the ball almost simultaneously came loose, but it looked to ME like his knee was down just BEFORE the ball came loose. It shouldn't have come to the knee down anyway since two steps were taken with possession of the ball.

SCall13 said:
In the open field there is a rule that says a player who catches the ball and makes a football move before dropping the ball has fumbled. This includes taking two steps after the catch. The ball WAS caught, he took two steps (TD already), THEN his knee hit - the ball almost simultaneously came loose, but it looked to ME like his knee was down just BEFORE the ball came loose. It shouldn't have come to the knee down anyway since two steps were taken with possession of the ball.

Exactly

Also him going down wasnt simultanious to the catch so the rule of maintaining possesion doesnt matter since he had already established possesion in the endzone which is a TD regardless of what happens after

Just wait a few days until Pereira upholds the ruling. and he isn't going to lie...the league stated the call in the Giants-49ers game in 2002 was made incorrectly despite the officials and announcers insisting it was correct (the blown pass interference).

Just watched the play on dvr again. He was being tackled before a single foot even hit the end zone and was on his way down already.

Alex22 said:
That rule doesnt apply here because he was running before he started to be tackled, the rule only comes into play if the tackle is simultanious to the catch which it wasnt, if anything its a fumble at that point, as if you were running down the field with clear possesion and then were tackled

It was simultaneous. Unless you think video lies, I just watched the replay on DVR three times. He was in the opponents grasp as he was catching the ball and before he had a single foot down.

I could always watch it again for you to see if it changes and maybe this time Mickey Mouse comes onto the field and intercepts the ball.

its hard to believe people are arguing this play. its the right rule. he was not "running" when he caught the ball. he didnt have perfect balance.

he was going to the ground in an attempt to catch the ball

thats plain and simple. although i dont agree with RobFins about the ball moving the entire time, it still was the right call on the field. the Umpire explained it perfectly, there shouldnt even be any buts about it.

Nappy Roots said:
its hard to believe people are arguing this play. its the right rule. he was not "running" when he caught the ball. he didnt have perfect balance.

he was going to the ground in an attempt to catch the ball

thats plain and simple. although i dont agree with RobFins about the ball moving the entire time, it still was the right call on the field. the Umpire explained it perfectly, there shouldnt even be any buts about it.

Nah it didn't move the "entire time", only as he was going down.

Shepard even laughed about it afterwards.

B-LO said:
This is the TUCK RULE 2006. He caught the ball, took two steps, then fell to his knee, all before "losing possession." Touchdown. The NFL is the most over-officiated game in professional sports.

omfg.IT DOESN"T MATTER.If you are getting tackled in the end it doesn't flipping matter if he gets 20 steps in the end zone or even both his knees our down he must maintain POSSESION THE WHOLE TIME HE NEVER DID.Now can we give this a rest?

Does anyone remember the Marcus Robinson Catch for the vikings vs the steelers?

Back
Top Bottom