"The Clock Play" on DVD | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"The Clock Play" on DVD

MaxPower

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ah memories.....

I just finished burning this classic to DVD. Anyone who might want a copy should PM me. Send me a SASE and enough loose change to cover the cost of the disc & it's yours. Not a bad copy, considering the age. Some static here and there but the good stuff is pristine....:)

The look on Pete Carroll and Boomer Esiason's faces as Marino fires that last TD pass is worth it alone....I love the Dolphins.

PS, I'm picking up speed...the games on DVD so far can be seen at this link

I'll also send a free game on DVD (of your choosing) to anyone that sends a game tape (or DVD) to me that I don't already have.

I'd like to build a library for all of us, but being a true homer I only kept copies of the wins, and I didn't start taping until 1993-1994. Anyone with old games or classic stuff I'd love to connect and spread the Dolphin love.

FYI I missed the Jags game...anyone got it?

maxpower, i get classic games of old dolphin games from jerry at phinzone.com...go to miscellaneous and click on video library...he charges $10 a game and that includes shipping...he gets them to you in about a week...unless you buy a bunch of games it might take longer...they are all in pretty good shape...i also got games from a couple of other guys...but i reccomend jerry...

Originally posted by RikWriter
I have the Jags game. You want it?

Yea, very much. BTW your copy of the Giants game looked great. Still need my address?

Originally posted by jd13
maxpower, i get classic games of old dolphin games from jerry at phinzone.com...go to miscellaneous and click on video library...he charges $10 a game and that includes shipping...he gets them to you in about a week...unless you buy a bunch of games it might take longer...they are all in pretty good shape...i also got games from a couple of other guys...but i reccomend jerry...

You know I tried emailing him a couple of time last year but never got a response....maybe he thought I was a cop:D

if you want games i got a bunch...i also have a dual vcr so i can do this..i have all wins and i have some classic games such as super bowls 7&8...most of my collection is 1990,92-95 and 2000-now...(all wins except for the1981 playoff game vs.the chargers...do you think $10 is reasonable?

how many games can you fit on one DVD? ANd is it playable on your typical DVD player, or do you have to use a computer?

Originally posted by Snickersbps
how many games can you fit on one DVD? ANd is it playable on your typical DVD player, or do you have to use a computer?

Minus commercials, 1 game per disc. If you compress to a really awful quality AND cut a bunch of the dead time between plays you could maybe get 2 on a disc.

They play on any DVD player, provided they're newer & play "DVD-R"s....my old school DVD player didn't, but my new one ( & my PS2) does.....

MaxPower said:
Minus commercials, 1 game per disc. If you compress to a really awful quality AND cut a bunch of the dead time between plays you could maybe get 2 on a disc.

They play on any DVD player, provided they're newer & play "DVD-R"s....my old school DVD player didn't, but my new one ( & my PS2) does.....

Wow this is a pretty dead thread. Lets wake it up!

If you're recording whole games on only one DVD it's going to suck. You have to record in 1 or 2 hour formats for the games to at least match the quality of the video or hardrive its coming off of. I record using 1 dvd per half, unless the game is really long then it's three disks, and finally if it's a great game like the Super Bowl, etc, I'll record each quarter per disk to preserve the pure quality of the game. ( I leave the commercials in, it's all good) So getting a good price on blank DVD's in bulk is the key to keeping the costs down. (hint....eBay)

I've been burning games for about a year now, but haven't transfered much from my huge vhs game collection. I've been recording games since 85, and I'd have to say I've got about 90% of all the Dolphins games from then to the present(remember paying $7-$10 per VHS?..I do and it sucked ).

So far on DVD, I have all of last seasons Dolphins, Hurricanes, Marlins Playoffs/World Series, Super Bowl.

If I trade with someone, I would expect the best quality recording as possible(1 video per video, or disc per disc...not compressed poor quality recordings) , but the same highest quality I would provide on DVD's I record.

The games I know I need are at this moment are....

-All the 1984 regular season and the years before.

-1992 Miami @ Buffalo...(Louis Oliver 3 int's)

-2000 Miami vs NY Jets (Monday night Miracle...yeah whatever!!!! )

I'm sure there's others I need from 85 til now, but I have to go through my games..(all in containers since moving), and build my listing up.

Feel free to Email/PM me if you like, not sure how long it will be until I get my list together.

What are you charging? I'd love to see the redskin game again, to bad you don't have it :cry:

bobdroopy said:
What are you charging? I'd love to see the redskin game again, to bad you don't have it :cry:
What game are you talking about? Last years Sunday Night game?
I do have it recorded. :cooldude:

If that's what you're looking for PM me.

Back
Top Bottom