The Coaching Is Worse On Which Side Of The Ball?? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Coaching Is Worse On Which Side Of The Ball??

I'm surprised so many people are saying the Offense.
Hell, can anyone name the major injuries we've had on Defense? Especially in comparison to the offense.
I'll wait!

Tank? C.Allen?

Heck, Here's the same question another way. If we didn't lose most of our offensive players. Along the OL, Some of the receivers AND the QB.

Is the offense the same? Worst? or Better at this point in the season?
The question is which side is the coaching worse.

Most people in this thread seem to be answering "which side is playing worse" (not you).

Can't coach what you don't have, which, for us, is an offense.

If anyone thinks the offense is playing worse than the defense, it's because of injury, not coaching (yeah, yeah, Gase hand selected all these 2nd and 3rd stringers so that somehow equates to how he's coaching the offense).

But that wasn't the premise of this thread.

As far as injuries to the defense, believe it or not the loss of William Hayes and Vincent Taylor were killers for us.

Your best run stopping end and your best run stopping AND collapse the pocket DT was fatal for this D.

Both Coaches seem equally inept at their position...But pressed

Offense

as bad as our team seem to you. we are still going w 7 to 8 game this yr. so what position does this team really need up grade at??

Often times we've seen the defense hold opponents under their average points/game and the offense fails to put enough points on the board. The Cincinatti game is a prime example -- defense completely shut the Bengals down and the offense failed to put them away despite several opportunities.

I'd say both units are terribly coached/prepared by two awful coaches, but I put more blame on the head idiot because he's in charge of the circus. You're the offensive guru. Your unit sucks.... Again. And injuries will be the story to save the day once more.

as bad as our team seem to you. we are still going w 7 to 8 game this yr. so what position does this team really need up grade at??
Two Guards.

One Cornerback.

Defensive End.

Defensive Tackle.

Linebacker.

Tight End.

Those are top of the list.

so if we get these guy are we wildcard team , win div or superbowl

It depends how good they are!

(unfortunately those are only the very high priority needs. we also need a number 1 receiver (unless Parker transforms - unlikely). center - drop Kilgore and get a better starter to compete with Brendel and Swanson. Back up QB - may be Luke Falk, but it can't be Osweiler and it likely isn't Fales).

I started writing then deleted over and over trying to decide which is worse. On one hand, we have done a decent job of developing players on the defense at a much much higher clip than offensively... on the other hand, our defensive scheming is horrible. And our offense hasn't been able to develop A SINGLE PLAYER on the OL that wasn't a 1st round pick - what in the actual **** is that?

I started writing then deleted over and over trying to decide which is worse. On one hand, we have done a decent job of developing players on the defense at a much much higher clip than offensively... on the other hand, our defensive scheming is horrible. And our offense hasn't been able to develop A SINGLE PLAYER on the OL that wasn't a 1st round pick - what in the actual **** is that?
we got same team since 2009. we are closed to wildcard team but still not there yet.
better coaching and qb play. should help us make playoff sometime.

Another way of looking at it. 3 minutes left in the game, would you rather have your offense on the field to try to get game wining score or defense on field trying to prevent a score? What a pathetic choice. I would give an ever so slight nod to the offense. Maybe because it's 4 down territory so its and advantage to the offense. Doesn't matter if its a TD or FG I have zero faith in our D to step up. Although, I would have more faith in our special teams blocking a FG than our D keeping them from getting into FG range.

Another way of looking at it. 3 minutes left in the game, would you rather have your offense on the field to try to get game wining score or defense on field trying to prevent a score? What a pathetic choice. I would give an ever so slight nod to the offense. Maybe because it's 4 down territory so its and advantage to the offense. Doesn't matter if its a TD or FG I have zero faith in our D to step up. Although, I would have more faith in our special teams blocking a FG than our D keeping them from getting into FG range.

Is Larsen in the lineup?

How is Davis playing on the day of your hypothetical?

Is Larsen in the lineup?

How is Davis playing on the day of your hypothetical?

Yeah, I know there are too many variables to list. Just was boiling it down to which you have more confidence in.

It is a hard question, but I'd say the defense. How long have we seen Miami struggle to stop athletic quarterbacks? I realize that is a tough task to begin with, but you see other teams able to shut that down so much better. I remember Colin Kaepernick running for 500 or so yards on the Dolphins a few years back. Even then, no answers.

The offense has actually started strong the last two weeks, which is a good sign. I just think the offensive line play really hurts as far as consistency goes.

Yeah, I know there are too many variables to list. Just was boiling it down to which you have more confidence in.
If Davis is playing how he usually plays I go with offense even with Larsen in there.

If Davis is playing like yesterday, defense.

Can't go with the O if both guards are playing like horseshit.

Offense is worse. They never protect the defense with proper time management. That coupled with 3 and out leaves us facing 7 more plays per game to defend.

Defense has been huge part of last 3 victories with late game stops against jets and bills and fumble recovery against Bears to force OT. I trust them more than the offense.

Back
Top Bottom