The Coaching staff balked | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Coaching staff balked

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
Not Jay or any one player. The turnovers and penaltys will always hurt, but like I said before the game if we turn this in to a shoot out it wont be good. We over commited to stopping Holmes, and let Green tear our D a new as$ hole. On offense we gave up on the run way to early, especialy in the redzone. I think Jay threw on 1st down about 90% of the time. You just don't do that when your back is averging 5+ a carry. On the first int drive in the 4th quarter Jay dropped back to throw 3 out of 3 snaps. We were only losing by 8 points with 7 mins left.1 sack and 1 int were the results and the int sealed our fate. How different would the out come have been if we handed off to RW on 2nd and 4? At the very worst we would have had a 3rd and 2 and not 3rd and 11. On the three feild goals from inside the 20 i think we threw the ball 2 our of the snaps prior to the FGs. I know Norv was drooling looking at the Cheifs secondary but RW has been tearin up everyone and he deserved the ball. I don't like to second guess, and i am not making to much of this loss because these days are nessacary for great teams, but i just don't think the coaching staff put this team in the postion to win this game today,

Originally posted by Dajesus
Not Jay or any one player. The turnovers and penaltys will always hurt, but like I said before the game if we turn this in to a shoot out it wont be good. We over commited to stopping Holmes, and let Green tear our D a new as$ hole. On offense we gave up on the run way to early, especialy in the redzone. I think Jay threw on 1st down about 90% of the time. You just don't do that when your back is averging 5+ a carry. On the first int drive in the 4th quarter Jay dropped back to throw 3 out of 3 snaps. We were only losing by 8 points with 7 mins left.1 sack and 1 int were the results and the int sealed our fate. How different would the out come have been if we handed off to RW on 2nd and 4? At the very worst we would have had a 3rd and 2 and not 3rd and 11. On the three feild goals from inside the 20 i think we threw the ball 2 our of the snaps prior to the FGs. I know Norv was drooling looking at the Cheifs secondary but RW has been tearin up everyone and he deserved the ball. I don't like to second guess, and i am not making to much of this loss because these days are nessacary for great teams, but i just don't think the coaching staff put this team in the postion to win this game today,

Man Dajesus... you just said what I've been thinking for the last several hours. We are so much better than this... hopefully, this is a wake-up call, and not an omen.

14 carries for RW... I look at this and shake my head. After watching the San Diego game after the Miami game, there is a reason the Chargers are 4-0 and have control of every game. Their QB, Brees, is not the best QB in the league, yet he has very few INTs. Their best WR is Curtis Conway, who once was a 4-12 Bears third receiver and their second is Tim Dwight (??). But they have LaDaimlion Tomlinson... he gets the first downs, controls the clocks, and takes pressure off the weak passing game. The Chargers offense really reminds me of our Dolphins offense... Turner ran the Chargers offense last year. After losing 9 straight games or so under Turner last year, the Chargers are dominant now at 4-0. Controlling the clocks leaves the defense off the field and gives them plenty of rest (hence their D has only allowed about 9 points per game.) It just seems logical and obvious to use our best weapon, RW... even if we start to slide early... one think Jimmy Johnson had was patience... we had plenty of time to get that TD we needed when we only needed that for the win. Jay Fiedler did not lose this game... we knew his capabilities before the game and knew he could throw 4 INTs in a game. The defense did not necesarrily lose this game... they should only be on the field half of the time... they shouldnt be expected to jump in the game so quickly with the TOs and third and outs. Poor coaching lost us this game.

Back
Top Bottom