The Coming Great QB Competition, Draft and Free Agency Haul of 2020 | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Coming Great QB Competition, Draft and Free Agency Haul of 2020

I think Steve Young struggling for more than 1 year in TB is a better comparison to what Rosen might develop into with better coaching and offensive assets than Peyton.
Good analogy.

In the "old days" it was common practice to sit a guy for a year, not only to give him a chance to learn the offense, before he was thrown to the wolves, but also to develop the maturaty level to exist in the world of grown men, as opposed to the collegiate rah rah environment.

Most guys don't get that benefit any more, and almost never do they get the kind of time like Young, or Rodgers got.

I tend to believe what happened to Rosen was a slap in the face, wake up call. Perhaps one that was good for him in the long run, whether it be here, or somewhere else. After all, even though he has more than a season under his belt, he is still the youngest QB to ever start for the Phins (read that somewhere).

I think Steve Young struggling for more than 1 year in TB is a better comparison to what Rosen might develop into with better coaching and offensive assets than Peyton.
You just gave the PERFECT example.

Good analogy.

In the "old days" it was common practice to sit a guy for a year, not only to give him a chance to learn the offense, before he was thrown to the wolves, but also to develop the maturaty level to exist in the world of grown men, as opposed to the collegiate rah rah environment.

Most guys don't get that benefit any more, and almost never do they get the kind of time like Young, or Rodgers got.

I tend to believe what happened to Rosen was a slap in the face, wake up call. Perhaps one that was good for him in the long run, whether it be here, or somewhere else. After all, even though he has more than a season under his belt, he is still the youngest QB to ever start for the Phins (read that somewhere).
I could be wrong, but I think David Woodley was also 22 yrs old when he started in 1980.

Saying you can’t evaluate Rosen because he’s been on bad teams is hog wash.

Y’all are still buying that a good QB can’t be good on a bad team? Lol

Honestly, I see some posters on here saying why Tua? Really! Yes no one is a guarentee but come on, he certainly looks the part! Probably wins the Heisman.

Until Tua does it at the NFL it's too early to say he's better than this guy or that guy. I hope he's our pick but I'm also high on Rosen. Rosen has a sweet and accurate deep pass. If our receivers had made some catches we'd of had a couple of TDs. So, like the poster above said, pick Tua and let him and Rosen battle it out. We'll have the QB position solved for years. Whichever QB winds up starting we need to put the oline together once and for all and I've been thinking with all these picks if a great RB in the mold of Elliot, Gurley or Barkley comes around make the pick. We haven't had such a player since Ricky Williams. N E ran the ball on us all day. We need to turn that around.
Taylor from Wisconsin?

Reactions: BSQ
Rosen never won even in college. Stop with the excuses for him.

What does that have to do with my post? I said if Tua or Brady started at QB for the Dolphins either of first two games, we still get smashed. Rosen plays QB for Baltimore or NE first 2 games and we still get smashed.

Good analogy.

Look, if you don’t have adequate supporting cast...and you had poor coaching...it takes some development time...I think our coaches get that.

They need to draft the best QB in the next draft...and continue to develop Rosen as we build this team.

Back
Top Bottom