The Coming Great QB Competition, Draft and Free Agency Haul of 2020 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Coming Great QB Competition, Draft and Free Agency Haul of 2020

If you guys think Pittsburgh is going to finish with a losing record, you clearly have not been watching football the las 40 years. Yes Pittsburgh lost Ben Roethlisberger for the season But did any of you see Mason Rudolph play at Oklahoma St.? I did. And I thought he should have been one of the QB selected in the first round last year. he has had a full year to learn their system and is now ready to start. My point is, Pittsburgh will still finish with a winning record. So the Minkah Fitzpatrick trade will only wind up somewhere between 16 and 22. It will NOT be a top 10 pick. Unlike Miami, Pittsburgh's fan base and organization do not tolerate losing. And they won't tolerate it this year either nor will the accept any excuses.
I understand what your saying. But there is potential for the Steelers to falter this year. Inspite of the Fitzpatrick trade the secondary isn't all that great. They have a lot of Injury issues and haven't played well overall. The coaching staff is under fire. As well they should be. This Imho is the year the NFL sees Pittsburgh finally have a losing season. As to your point about the fans. There's nothing they can do if the team starts losing, not one thing!!

Rich Eisen said on his podcast yesterday that he heard that the Dolphins have wanted Tua since the 2018 draft in Dallas. Right after he demolished a top 30 defense in the national championship as a 19 year old.
Is there any team that wasn't thinking the same way? Seems like an obvious statement to make on Eisen's part.

If we don't find out what more or less we have in Rosen this season, with the understanding of what a poster just mentioned as far as the worst tools around him to work with IMO that's on Flores and staff. Hopefully they are not in the fog in learning this vital fact especially considering the lack of intensity in starting to build now. And this consistent lack of interest in building an OL with true talent a bit of a worry and hopfully finally realized this up coming off season.

If this staff does anything this year outside of the unbelievable job of giving us ammo for a solid rebuild they have been doing, its finding out before next years draft what we have at QB. Understanding that he doesn't have to be the best in the whole NFL but rather having the talent and ability to be a consistent and week to week dependable asset and not the inconsistent lack of talent we've seem to live with for 2 decades. Just a Solid and consistent QB and not necessarily a yearly pro bowler or another Dan Marino.... Dependable skilled and consistent.

May not need to draft a QB. But for what we got with Rosen at his rediculous low cost could get that other in the draft and compete and the winner is our guy and the loser gets traded most likely for another high draft pick. (almost a win win )..

Amazing isnt it. Instead of seeing what is right there in plain sight (us taking a QB high). People have to come up with 9 excuses/conspiracy theories for why Rosen isnt starting instead of maybe just realizing he isnt very good. He's already got 2 picks in a quarter of football. Maybe the coaches arent protecting him from a bad line. Maybe he is what we have seen from him. A backup QB.

Or maybe the FO is completely demolishing the team so we can get the best Left Tackle in college football to help Rosen out with that first overall pick. That makes more sense.
I can't speak for others, but I see more than one possibility.

No inexperienced QB is likely to come in here and have complete command of this complex offense, including Rosen or Tua. No inexperienced QB will come in with the pre/post snap read ability required. That means sitting and watching, irrespective of the name on the jersey.

Odds are Rosen doesn't make that leap, but that doesn't make it out of the question, or conspiracy theory.

Most posters that are in Rosens "corner" aren't there out of love for the individual, but because a sucessful Josh Rosen fast tracks our rebuild process.

The way I see it is we are developing Rosen this year so that he can be our starter next season. Let Tua (if he ends up here) sit and develop for a year and adjust to life in the NFL. The hope would be Rosen actually plays very well for us and we are in a situation like the Chiefs after they took Maholmes and Smith had an MVP type season. Imagine the haul we would get for Rosen in this scenerio!!

What if we play Rosen enough this year to figure out we may have something in him. A team drafting around 6 or 7 wants Tua really bad and drops a crap load of picks to us to move up. We build our team through the draft/FA and continue building for many years with the picks we acquired for Tua. If next year Rosen hasn't showed enough with a much better team, we still have capitol (extra draft picks) to go after another QB. I don't think drafting a QB next year is our only option in play here. If we think Rosen is our QB of the future and we turned the first pick into a bucket load of picks, this would be huge!!!!

All of you MAY be right but absolute convictions about where this team is headed after 2 games is silly ... IMO ... Let's allow Tua or (insert name) actually get drafted ... then they will actually have to play a bit ... oh yeah, AND we should actually see Rosen run an offense a few times (as a starter) before dismissing a QB for a guy that hasn't worn the uniform .... I respect the input from all those in the know and even opinions of all ... but some posters held out hope (with stats and measurables etc.) for Tannehill .... how did that work out? Hell, there were many "arm chair" GM's that was gaga over Ryan Leaf ... How did that work out?

It is ironic you say "people were gaga over Ryan Leaf". Just the other day I said that Tua has a better chance of becoming the next Ryan Leaf rather than the next Ken Stabler.
There is nobody here who is gaga over Rosen nor does anybody think he should be given the job without starting. The only ones gaga are the tank for Tua people who already declared the guy a probowler, MVP, HoFer and Super Bowl winner...much like the gaga-Ryan Leaf crowd did.

It is funny that you mention Tannehill. The large part of the "everything for Tua" crowd were indeed Tannehill supporters to the very end. Not all but the majority.

Pretty sure there first pick is a QB but I wouldn't be shocked if they traded down a couple spots and took o QB not named Tua. I don't think Fromm is quite as good as Tua but I wouldn't be disappointed to get more first rounders and a guy I think will be a quality QB.
Again. If the Dolphins think that Rosen is their franchise QB why would they pick a QB in the first round in 2020? The only reason they would pick a QB in round 1 is if they do not think they have their franchise QB on the roster.

The obvious flaw in that plan, is if we win 8 games with JR next year, we won't necessarily be in a position to get Lawrence.
That's one way to look at it but the other is that if Rosen wins 8 games with a bunch of rookies and castoffs, it would be a good thing going forward.

It is ironic you say "people were gaga over Ryan Leaf". Just the other day I said that Tua has a better chance of becoming the next Ryan Leaf rather than the next Ken Stabler.
There is nobody here who is gaga over Rosen nor does anybody think he should be given the job without starting. The only ones gaga are the tank for Tua people who already declared the guy a probowler, MVP, HoFer and Super Bowl winner...much like the gaga-Ryan Leaf crowd did.

It is funny that you mention Tannehill. The large part of the "everything for Tua" crowd were indeed Tannehill supporters to the very end. Not all but the majority.

Talk about an agenda. Ironic you say Tua is gonna be the next Ryan Leaf but you tout Rosen who has shown he could be well on his way to Leaf status. Because you know hes actaully shown what he can do in the NFL which is get traded after one year in the league and become a backup.

My take is simple. Having Rosen on the roster in no way hinders limits nor excludes
us from grabbing a QB at the top of the draft. Most indications would favor that pick
being Tua. But there's a long way to go -- including the remaining college season, playoffs,
combine, etc.

If we find our selves with the "problem" of having 2 young excellent QB prospects I'm
pretty sure there will be multiple ways to capitalize on that situation. I mean you're
dealing with a highly sought after rare commodity -- so the value will tip in our favor
significantly!

The only other scenario that makes sense IMO (assuming we have the #1 slot) is
we trade down a few places and pick up HUGE comp -- something too good to
refuse while picking the next best QB and combining him with Rosen.

But if the Tua kid just kills it the rest of the way -- and looks great in shorts at
the combine, and tests out etc., he's going to be nearly impossble to pass on.

But again, a lot can happen...

Talk about an agenda. Ironic you say Tua is gonna be the next Ryan Leaf but you tout Rosen who has shown he could be well on his way to Leaf status. Because you know hes actaully shown what he can do in the NFL which is get traded after one year in the league and become a backup.

He didn't say that. He said "has a better chance". That's where many of you are blurring the line between reality and wish imo. Too many "we ARE drafting Tua", "Miami IS targeting Tua", "They HAVE wanted Tua since the championship game"....etc.

This is't I Dream of Genie. Your wish is not their command. What you just read was a level headed post about a persons opinion stated as such. Not an opinion stated as fact and then backed up with "makes the most sense so it must be fact".

Some people need to do themselves a favor and look at the last 10 drafts and do the math on the "sure things" drafted in the first round. The numbers aren't in the favor of ever arguing that someone is a guarantee. "Generational talent" or not, it hasn't mattered.

He didn't say that. He said "has a better chance". That's where many of you are blurring the line between reality and wish imo. Too many "we ARE drafting Tua", "Miami IS targeting Tua", "They HAVE wanted Tua since the championship game"....etc.

This is't I Dream of Genie. Your wish is not their command. What you just read was a level headed post about a persons opinion stated as such. Not an opinion stated as fact and then backed up with "makes the most sense so it must be fact".

Some people need to do themselves a favor and look at the last 10 drafts and do the math on the "sure things" drafted in the first round. The numbers aren't in the favor of ever arguing that someone is a guarantee. "Generational talent" or not, it hasn't mattered.

Ok roll with Rosen who has 11 TDs and 16 Ints in his career and is currently backing up a 38 year old. Thats a Ryan Leaf trajectory. Not the kid who put up the most efficient QB season in the history of college football last year and has 12 TD to 0 int currently. I cant even believe I am arguing against these moronic ideas anyway.

Back
Top Bottom