The Coming Great QB Competition, Draft and Free Agency Haul of 2020 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Coming Great QB Competition, Draft and Free Agency Haul of 2020

I'd say Mahomes is the best QB prospect to come out in some time, look at where he was drafted and how he was developed. We drafted our last franchise QB 27th overall. Tom Brady won his first Super Bowl going 16/27 for 145 yds. How many QB's in the past 40 years drafted 1st overall have won Super Bowls? 4 out of 21.

I personally think it's ridiculous to anoint Tua as our franchise saviour at this point as we have a young possible franchise QB on our roster that hasn't even been given a chance yet. We also have another 15 or so holes to fill in the starting lineup.

Yes. Possible. Low odds at this stage but possible. Just not gonna be on this team. He was given a chance last year and failed.

Well no one can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that anyone is gonna succeed but I think the odds are much higher with the best QB PROSPECT to come out quite some time than Rosen who hasnt shown anything. He played on such a horrendous team that Murray has come out and given that team hope after two games. Rosen was traded and now a backup.

It also quite moronic to even say that Tua could become Ryan Leaf. Someone that developed drug addiction and was jailed. I think the odds are way higher that hes the second coming than him becoming a convict. Im playing the odds here. Odds are against Rosen at this point.
I don't think many rational non biased posters would argue with such a lucid, well thought out post.

No disrepect intended, but that's not how some of your other statements were framed. I'm sure I'm guilty of it at times, particularly when i get irritated, but when opinions are presented as inarguable facts, or someone indicates that "if others dont agree, they are morans", it tends to be off putting.

I know from your posts the past couple of years, that you want what we most of us do, a top franchise with perennial playoff runs, and a chance at a championship.

Yes. Possible. Low odds at this stage but possible. Just not gonna be on this team. He was given a chance last year and failed.

Troy Aikman also failed his first year. 9 TD's 18 Int. Peyton Manning, 26 TD 28 Int.

It's pretty typical of first year QB's without a surrounding cast.

Even John Elway on a playoff team had 7 TD 14 Int.

Those are HOF QB's.

Troy Aikman also failed his first year. 9 TD's 18 Int. Peyton Manning, 26 TD 28 Int.

It's pretty typical of first year QB's without a surrounding cast.

Even John Elway on a playoff team had 7 TD 14 Int.

Those are HOF QB's.

Yeah I understand that but little different circumstances with Rosen. First of all its a differnt NFL now. All those guys you mentioned were from a different era. It set up for QB to be more successful now. Second, none of those guys were traded after their first year. None of those guys became backups. Third, Rosen didnt show any improvement throughout his first year. He actually got much worse. Over his last six games in Arizona he threw 2 TDs and 4 ints and averaged 143 yards passing per game. You can say he played for a bad team but he came to a much worse team. He's way behind the eight ball. That's why I say the odds are low for him. He's got little chance to improve to the point where you can pass on a QB when you have the #1 pick. Im not saying Rosen is a terrible QB but the odds are stacked against. Its seems like they are intentionally stacked against him.

I love the Rosen optimism, him being amazing is still best case scenario, but the chances or so low that there's no point in talking about it.

Miami has been wanting Tua since he led Bama to the National Championship win against Georgia. This is all a planned demolish and for good reason. Miami is tired of waiting for good to become great. Go for great, it's the most effective way to be great.
Totally agree -

Ok roll with Rosen who has 11 TDs and 16 Ints in his career and is currently backing up a 38 year old

I'm not interested in stats acquired with a rookie, poor offensive line, a really good RB out for the year and turnover in the head coach and OC positions. We don't know what we have in Rosen (on this team... with these coaches) and as far as playing backup to a 38 year old, well... Fitzpatrick is the choice while Rosen gets a better command of this system … the guy is 22 and has the talent to play at this level … to dismiss him before we know what we have is silly IMO

Nobody is "rolling with Rosen" …. yet .... but he deserves a looksee …. stats don't tell the whole story at times

I'm not interested in stats acquired with a rookie, poor offensive line, a really good RB out for the year and turnover in the head coach and OC positions. We don't know what we have in Rosen (on this team... with these coaches) and as far as playing backup to a 38 year old, well... Fitzpatrick is the choice while Rosen gets a better command of this system … the guy is 22 and has the talent to play at this level … to dismiss him before we know what we have is silly IMO

Nobody is "rolling with Rosen" …. yet .... but he deserves a looksee …. stats don't tell the whole story at times

See my post above. It gives my reasons.

Yeah I understand that but little different circumstances with Rosen. First of all its a differnt NFL now. All those guys you mentioned were from a different era. It set up for QB to be more successful now. Second, none of those guys were traded after their first year. None of those guys became backups. Third, Rosen didnt show any improvement throughout his first year. He actually got much worse. Over his last six games in Arizona he threw 2 TDs and 4 ints and averaged 143 yards passing per game. You can say he played for a bad team but he came to a much worse team. He's way behind the eight ball. That's why I say the odds are low for him. He's got little chance to improve to the point where you can pass on a QB when you have the #1 pick. Im not saying Rosen is a terrible QB but the odds are stacked against. Its seems like they are intentionally stacked against him.

I don't see how it's a strike against Rosen that he's had far less stability than any of the other guys mentioned. His replacement has already had more stability as they've basically installed his college offence. He's also been given more weapons.

I don't believe for a second that our current coaching staff has made a decision regarding Rosen's future as his evaluation is ongoing. I just find it funny that so many fans and some media personalities have.

I don't see how it's a strike against Rosen that he's had far less stability than any of the other guys mentioned. His replacement has already had more stability as they've basically installed his college offence. He's also been given more weapons.

I don't believe for a second that our current coaching staff has made a decision regarding Rosen's future as his evaluation is ongoing. I just find it funny that so many fans and some media personalities have.

I dont know what to tell you man. He got worse as the year went on last year. Hes thrown 66 attempts as a dolphin without a TD and 4 ints. I just dont think he's a franchise QB.

Guys discuss the thread topic without attacking other posters or you will get an infraction and be banned from this thread

Do not reply just follow this simple rule

All of you MAY be right but absolute convictions about where this team is headed after 2 games is silly ... IMO ... Let's allow Tua or (insert name) actually get drafted ... then they will actually have to play a bit ... oh yeah, AND we should actually see Rosen run an offense a few times (as a starter) before dismissing a QB for a guy that hasn't worn the uniform .... I respect the input from all those in the know and even opinions of all ... but some posters held out hope (with stats and measurables etc.) for Tannehill .... how did that work out? Hell, there were many "arm chair" GM's that was gaga over Ryan Leaf ... How did that work out?
I was critical of drafting Tannehill to begin with and never saw anything on the field to change my mind so that worked out exactly as I thought it would.

I saw Rosen in college, at Arizona last year and in action with Miami this year. I’ve seen enough and don’t need or want you to tell me when it’s time for me to dismiss him as the savior of this franchise.

(1) Tua

(2) BPA

(3) BPA

(4) BPA need

(5) BPA need

(6) OL/DL

(7) OL/DL

That looks pretty damn good for only three rounds...even so, our free agency will be over and this is a pretty damn good Free Agent class.

As a draft geek, this off-season is going to be a fantastic voyage. I'm hoping they shore up the lines through free agency so they can go BPA throughout the draft.

Back
Top Bottom