The Competition for looks by our WRs now | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Competition for looks by our WRs now

Until proven ineffective, give me about 10 DVP slants a game.
That was a staple of Tua's offense at Alabama and a pass he throws very well. If the run game has to be respected at all, they can run the RPO to the opposite side, causing the D to flow that way and with Tua's quick feet, quick release and accuracy throw it to Parker on the other side. Bill Walsh always loved those big-bodied WRs on his slants. They're just tough for the DB to stop without a PI. Parker's hands have improved significantly as he matured. He was a 50% guy those first two or three seasons, but my impression is that he's been far more consistent since then.

This should open up things for Gesicki to have a monster year. If we can get him going, he can become a focal point of this offense, I envision him in the mold of a Kelce,
Agreed. This game plan was all about keeping the TEs in on pass pro (Gesicki only played 20 of 52 snaps), but I expect some monster games out of him this year.

Fuller hasn't practiced much. Going to be probably to Week 3 before he gets going and Williams might get stung by a bee and miss 3 weeks. But I'm ok with Parker , Waddle and Wilson for Buffalo. I don't see Fuller in the game has much as Wilson Week 2 against Buffalo, but I do see Week 3 Fuller taking off. Just my opinion anyway

"and Williams might get stung by a bee and miss 3 weeks." So funny and sadly so true!

The speed will open up the short areas. There will be a lot of space underneath. Tua is going to have a great year.

I expect Fuller to be situational, initially at least. I like Preston Williams, but I don't expect to see a lot of him unless Parker gets dinged up or injured. We may also see him on some goal line and jump ball situations. We need to find a way to get Albert involved, because he is a difference maker.

We have a lot of talent at this position and a lot of possibilities.

You know who was underwhelming yesterday? Wilson. Need more from him.

Regarding Gesicki - I wouldn’t be surprised to see him continue to see action like he did yesterday, eg, 20 out of 52 snaps.

I think we kept 5 TEs because FO knows he’s going to get a crazy offer in FA that they won’t be willing to match (aka Charles Clay). So I think they will try to develop Long as his replacement.

I could be wrong but just have this sneaking suspicion that he’s going to be used more as a role player this year.

PS - one WR no one is talking about after yesterday is the Mighty Mouse who ran a punt back 18 yards out of what would have been horrid field position inside our 5. And he outperformed that Gunner Ostryosweiler dufus.

PS
Mack Hollins w a great ST “stick” on said dufus.

The good thing is that the bills don’t have much to go on, our office will be tweaked weekly and certainly will become more explosive. It seems like we’re searching for the big play and barring The great defensive play near the end zone that would’ve been six for us

Back
Top Bottom