The confidential details in Fitzpatrick’s Dolphins contract and potential consequences | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The confidential details in Fitzpatrick’s Dolphins contract and potential consequences

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Some might say that quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick - bless his heart - could cost the Dolphins a chance at the first overall draft pick because of his penchant for occasional bursts of excellence. He also stands to cost them financially, too, though it’s nothing the team cannot afford.

Unless he’s yanked from the lineup, Fitzpatrick likely will cost the Dolphins a couple million dollars more than what he would have cost them had Josh Rosen won the starting quarterback job.

According to a copy of his contract obtained by The Miami Herald, Fitzpatrick has several incentives that, if reached, could make him the NFL’s most expensive backup quarterback next season.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article236890668.html#storylink=cpy

I'd pull him for Rosen, but it would have nothing to do with his contract or money.

some good stuff In that article, with the closing below..but they pounded week after week making fun of the disasters team performance- then the one win came and its back to why why!!

Despite all of those valid reasons for signing him, it would be unfortunate if the Dolphins subjected themselves to all of this pain - by stripping the roster to this extent - and not be positioned to get who they view is the best quarterback in the draft in part because Fitzpatrick was too competent at his job.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article236890668.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
Moore was the most expensive back up too...so what

Money wise considering how much we are pouring down the drain ie Talib, Tannehill, Quinn it doesn't matter.
Performance wise that's another matter.
Also if we draft a young QB, he could still be of great benefit as many have the comment he is a good mentor and happy to give tips to young players even Rosen who could take his job.
Long term he might make a good QB coach.

I'd pull him for Rosen, but it would have nothing to do with his contract or money.

It's hard to pull last Sundays performance. He was stellar. And what kind of message would that send to the team?

The question is how many losses will it take to let Rosen get experience? At 1-10, I hope they have the foresight to let him play the rest of the way.

I think it'll never happen because Fitz gives us the best chance to win so even if we continue to lose, a never quit Flores seems like he's gonna go with the better player.

But hey; Tua, Fitz, Rosen... thats pretty good... I think.

It's hard to pull last Sundays performance. He was stellar. And what kind of message would that send to the team?

The question is how many losses will it take to let Rosen get experience? At 1-10, I hope they have the foresight to let him play the rest of the way.

I think it'll never happen because Fitz gives us the best chance to win so even if we continue to lose, a never quit Flores seems like he's gonna go with the better player.

I know we won't do it. Can't pull Fitzy after the big win.

I'd imagine the last 2-4 games are penciled in for Rosen to start again.
Remember, they get to see this kid everyday in the building and on the field.
Remember this coaching staff has been around Tom Brady, Jimmy G, The kid in Indy etc.
I'm going to trust they have a decent idea of what a QB needs to look like both on and off the field.
I'm going to trust that they have a decent idea of what they NEED that QB to look like in their system.

Last edited:
Those incentive, if reached, will also have an impact on any compensatory picks we might get.

As much as I want to see if Rosen has anything we can use for the future, having Fitzpatrick has been invaluable for this team. Forget what he has or hasn't done on the field, the guy is a leader. Many players on a young, 0 and 7 team will give up. Our guys are fighting, and they seem to be having fun, including Fitz. The guy seems to always be smiling. He is leading this young group of guys, so whether he is on the field or holding a clipboard, he is making an impact. Might as well pay him for that.

I liked the part in the article that stated Jackson, and Allen who was undrafted , are outperforming the 4 QBs who were chosen in the top 11 picks.
Goes to show........you never know what your getting with these "top" QBs in the draft. It also provides ammunition to those arguments that you shouldn't "tank" for any of the so-called top QBs.

Back
Top Bottom