The Countdown Begins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Countdown Begins

Dolfan5000

Mark my words, I'll get mine
Reaction score
Since his team is in such dissaray do you think for the final four games of the season he'll throw 10 or more TDs to match or break Marino's record? Obviously, this is Favre's last year, not to discredit the warrior he is but, it's time for Green Bay to move on as ANYONE can see.

Favre's all time great record will be most consectutive starts (at 232) by any player ever not most passing TDs (at 420) ever.

Mods, please, do not move this thread as it pertains more to Marino and his record than anything else.

i have known for some time that farve is after dannys records.

he has mentioned them in the past.

he has played the last 6 years ONLY to pad his stats.

that team is not going to do ANYTHING for a decade
and brett knows that. he is only back to CHEAPLY
grab some records.

KUECH FOR GM!!

Redneck Friend said:

grab some records.

No doubt. That's all he's back for. And if he doesn't get it(and I don't think he will) then I wouldn't be surprised if he came back NEXT season, somewhere, jsut to make sure he gets it.

Favre is not the great guy everyone used to believe he was. I think it's coming out more and more just how much of a selfish jerk he is.

Redneck Friend said:

grab some records.

you think maybe if he knew this 6 years ago like you said that he would go to a team where he would get his records and win easily? It doesnt make sense what you said.

He won't get it the only person that might break it is Peyton Manning.

I don't like seeing Marino's record broken, but Favre is a great QB and has had an excellent career. He's putting up Marino-style TD numbers in almost the same amount of games. He couldn't do it with as few INT's and I don't think he'll make it this year, but if he does I won't begrudge him the record.

The key here is that Marino's records are all being broken by different people. Manning throws one more TD in a season. Favre (maybe) tosses a couple more TD's in a career. Somebody, possibly Brees this year but probably not, gets a few more yards in the air for the season. But Marino did them all. You take the best of any era's top quarterbacks, and you might patch them together into a Danny Marino. Yeah, that hurts.

Brown42000 said:
He won't get it the only person that might break it is Peyton Manning.

Exactly, I don't know why Favre wants to break the record so bad . . . Manning is gonna come by an take it away from him in a few years anyways.

Back
Top Bottom