The craziest thing about that win is that the Bills had the perfect game plan. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The craziest thing about that win is that the Bills had the perfect game plan.

I think Boyer did a great job in this game. He kept the Bills off balance the whole game, and although we gave up alot of yards, we held one of the best offenses in the NFL to 17 points, despite missing 2 key starters on our defense.

We missed a lot of tackles in this game, im sure we will clean that up, but can you imagine how we would have dominated them if we wrapped up more tackles?
Also missed some crucial INTs that would’ve sealed the game, think I counted like 5 or 6 missed turnovers.

LOL! I was thinking the same thing. It's hard to track on TV, but do you think the Bills D focused on taking Hill away? I see The Cheetah on the prowl and wanting to EAT come Thursday night!
He was constantly bracketed with a Safey over the top on any mid to deep routes. The reality is that the Phin's offense was not on the field enough to really take advantage of Hill, other than him drawing 2 or 3 defenders away from everyone else.

Then the Dolphins offense would’ve been gassed instead. I don’t care who you are but that heat is a killer no matter if you’ve lived here your whole life or not.
Dolphins scored 21 points with around 30 possessions and the Bills scored 17 points with around 90 possessions. TOP means jack if they’re not putting up points.
It was 90 plays, but it felt like 90 possessions.

Buffalo Bills Football GIF by West Herr

Holding non stop. Non stop clock stoppage. I believe the holding was when Phillips got taken to the ground, that sack would have ended the clock there. The Bills play dirty, late hit on Tua the more talented team won the game. I told the guy sitting beside me at the bar was Defense was going to win this game and that's the way it turned out. Dominant defense at the end of both halfs and poor coaching for the Bills.

LOL! I was thinking the same thing. It's hard to track on TV, but do you think the Bills D focused on taking Hill away? I see The Cheetah on the prowl and wanting to EAT come Thursday night!

I have a feeling we'll be seeing the "peace" sign from Hill twice Thursday night

While the Dolphins offense didn’t get a lot of opportunities in the game because the Bills were able to control the ball for a large part of the game. The fact is the Dolphins were able to score 3 touchdowns on those limited opportunities while the Bills only scored 2 TD’s and a FG on their many opportunities in the game.

So even though the Bills offense seemed to be on the field most of the game. The Dolphins offense actually outplayed the Bills offense because they scored more points than the Bills offense and that’s really all that matters.

They knew their defense was depleted, and thus the strategy was to eliminate our offense by keeping them off the field.

They played conservative offensively and just tried to pick up first downs and run clock. They did this flawlessly and should have won by 2 scores, but our defense came in clutch on some third downs and Tua connected to Waddle on 3rd and 22. What a game.
Our defense dictated their offense, not the other way around. We blitzed and played back making them drive the length of the field.

IMO, an unsung hero of that victory was Raekwon Davis. It was such an exhilarating feeling when I heard that he was inactive. I shouted that out loud in our Florida room as the game began.

Raekwon didn't fit that matchup at all, not when the opponent was going to be throwing on every down. I guarantee Buffalo scores more than 19 with Raekwon out there. The Bills' interior linemen wouldn't have been stressed or gassed to nearly the same extent. Raekwon presents nothing on the pass rush except a big stationary predictable target. Jenkins isn't great but at least he's active and not nearly as predictable as Raekwon.

Raekwon will fit some of the phone booth games later in the season, against the lesser teams who will robotically run on first and second downs. But I'll be very surprised if McDaniel is content to live with a starter of Raekwon's limitations in that spot. The 49ers defense features active attacking versatile guys across the front and into the depth chart. It's been that way for years and evident again last night. I was watching that game and couldn't help think that Raekwon wouldn't fit at all.

Gesicki the non-fit is already being phased out. It didn't seem like he was out there even half the time yesterday. The bigger the game the more likely the coach will stick with the schemes and personnel he is most comfortable with. For now Gesicki, like Raekwon, is fine against the opponents we should overmatch anyway.

IMO, an unsung hero of that victory was Raekwon Davis. It was such an exhilarating feeling when I heard that he was inactive. I shouted that out loud in our Florida room as the game began.

Raekwon didn't fit that matchup at all, not when the opponent was going to be throwing on every down. I guarantee Buffalo scores more than 19 with Raekwon out there. The Bills' interior linemen wouldn't have been stressed or gassed to nearly the same extent. Raekwon presents nothing on the pass rush except a big stationary predictable target. Jenkins isn't great but at least he's active and not nearly as predictable as Raekwon.

Raekwon will fit some of the phone booth games later in the season, against the lesser teams who will robotically run on first and second downs. But I'll be very surprised if McDaniel is content to live with a starter of Raekwon's limitations in that spot. The 49ers defense features active attacking versatile guys across the front and into the depth chart. It's been that way for years and evident again last night. I was watching that game and couldn't help think that Raekwon wouldn't fit at all.

Gesicki the non-fit is already being phased out. It didn't seem like he was out there even half the time yesterday. The bigger the game the more likely the coach will stick with the schemes and personnel he is most comfortable with. For now Gesicki, like Raekwon, is fine against the opponents we should overmatch anyway.
Kinlaw is not that much of a pass rusher either.

Back
Top Bottom