The Curious Case Of Miami Dolphins Safety Reshad Jones | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Curious Case Of Miami Dolphins Safety Reshad Jones

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
https://phinphanatic.com/2019/07/09/the-curious-case-of-reshad-jones/

Trade him:

First, everyone needs to understand the following – Reshad Jones cap hit is 17MM. If the Dolphins were to cut him, they would incur 25.35MM cap penalty, meaning it would cost them more to cut him than to have Jones on the roster (that right there should make you understand that Mike Tannenbaum is a complete insert comment)

You limit your trade partners, simple due to the fact that any team interested in Jones would have to over 10MM in cap space.

Based on the above, the Colts, Texans, and Browns all have over 30MM in cap space and could be ideal partners. The interesting point is that all of them are also playoff contenders, so they could ease Jones into their lineup and hope he can be ready for the playoffs – which is something that Jones has never experienced.

Hey John, yeah apparently Flores has done some bonding with him and they have a good relationship..

If this head coach is who I feel that he might be I’m gonna call it the Flores effect..

I’m not sure any coach has the background of our new leader, I think he has a unique ability to connect with players that others may not be able to, to be able to instill tough discipline but still have your players care for you is a unique skillset, to lead them, and for them to feel that he really cares about them and their families, Is a big part of becoming a great coach..

What I’m kind of fascinated with about our franchise is how Ross has led this movement that is called “Rise”, and how that resonates with the players in this league..I think it’s gonna have impact..

I think with Flores upbringing, his leadership traits, his ability to get other grown men to follow him, to me the upside is big..

I mean think about this, Jim Caldwell, a former successful very respected head coach is, on our staff, Reggie McKenzie, former GM of the year, is an assistant to our GM..These are grown men who could of went anywhere, decided to join this revolution and this particular head coach, I believe that, I believe that these guys wanna be a part of what Ross is doing and What Flores stands for..

I know I’m projecting a lot here, but I have theories of what makes successful teams, and players playing together, playing for each other, playing discipline hard football imo, can go along way, just continue to add the talent with that foundation, and boom, dynasty..:)

Personally I don’t think Reshad has lost a step, now if we see a three year window with him on our team then I would be on board with a restructure next year..

Hey John, yeah apparently Flores has done some bonding with him and they have a good relationship..

If this head coach is who I feel that he might be I’m gonna call it the Flores effect..

I’m not sure any coach has the background of our new leader, I think he has a unique ability to connect with players that others may not be able to, to be able to instill tough discipline but still have your players care for you is a unique skillset, to lead them, and for them to feel that he really cares about them and their families, Is a big part of becoming a great coach..

What I’m kind of fascinated with about our franchise is how Ross has led this movement that is called “Rise”, and how that resonates with the players in this league..I think it’s gonna have impact..

I think with Flores upbringing, his leadership traits, his ability to get other grown men to follow him, to me the upside is big..

I mean think about this, Jim Caldwell, a former successful very respected head coach is, on our staff, Reggie McKenzie, former GM of the year, is an assistant to our GM..These are grown men who could of went anywhere, decided to join this revolution and this particular head coach, I believe that, I believe that these guys wanna be a part of what Ross is doing and What Flores stands for..

I know I’m projecting a lot here, but I have theories of what makes successful teams, and players playing together, playing for each other, playing discipline hard football imo, can go along way, just continue to add the talent with that foundation, and boom, dynasty..:)
Hope all is well brother. Glad to have you here. I just hope Jones can be a full time team member again, and not quit on his brothers. John

I’m stealing an argument from another thread to explain why Reshad Jones won’t be traded:

The available free agents at Safety can be had for a similar price without giving up draft capital. And it can be argued the available free agents are at the same points in their career but were considered more talented in their prime.

It feels like hes going to get traded or cut before the start of next season.

I’m stealing an argument from another thread to explain why Reshad Jones won’t be traded:

The available free agents at Safety can be had for a similar price without giving up draft capital. And it can be argued the available free agents are at the same points in their career but were considered more talented in their prime.

Like who?

If Miami can get anything in a trade for Reshad . . . they do it. I can’t see it though. Too high of a price tag, over 30 and too much of an injury history for a guy who plays one of the easier positions to fill

He likely sticks unless his presence really becomes cancerous . . . Which I do not see happening . . . At least not in camp or to start the season. The move happens in 2020 IMO.

Eric Berry for one.

He’s my shining example. Admittedly the rest of the isn’t significantly better than Reshad but here It goes

Tre Boston
Morgan Burnett
Jonathan Cyprien
Glover Quin

Glover Quinn retired.
Tre Boston is ATROCIOUS.
Cyprien - no real opinion.

Eric Berry likely won't play football in 2019.

Reshad Jones is one of the 3 best players on this football team, don't f*** with him.

Reshad Jones is one of the 3 best players on this football team, don't f*** with him.

He isn't, though.

Tunsil, Minkah, X, Stills, Wilson are all clearly better, IMO.

I'm not even sure, at this stage of his career, that he is better than Baker.

Besides that, he is way overpaid, and apparently a malcontent. We don't need that.

Since he has been drafted, Miami has a winning record when he doesn’t play and a terrible overall record when he does.

Maybe that isn’t fully fair to him, but it goes to show you A. How irrelevant a one dimensional SS is and B. How easy it has been to replace him and find success on Sundays.

Reshad is good at what he does, but many of you overrate what he actually means to this team.

Look at all 22 starters. I honestly cannot think of a position I wouldn’t mind losing more than the starter at SS.

He has no business being $17 million on the cap and $25 million on a dead cap hit. **** is laughably bad.

Reshad Jones has been exposed by playing out of position. He is a strong safety playing the free safety position for us... That is why he was in coverage so often last year and getting burned. Reshad Jones is a better strong safety than TJ McDonald but TJ is playing in his natural position so he is not looking as bad as Jones did it out there last season.

In my opinion, we need to put Minkah at FS and Jones at SS and McCain in the slot. TJ McDonald should have never been signed and we should have traded him by now... Not Jones.

Jones quit on this team because it was run by a megalomaniac named Gase who had an incompetent staff trying to tell a player who is better at his job than they are at theirs what to do.

Gase ostracized most of the playmakers on this team to the extent of driving them out of town and out of favor with fans... Reshad is no different.

Gase's plan was to get rid of Reshad and that is the real reason TJ was signed... It just never came to fruition because of that horrible contract Tannenbaum gave Reshad.

Back
Top Bottom