The Curious Case Of Miami Dolphins Safety Reshad Jones | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Curious Case Of Miami Dolphins Safety Reshad Jones

He isn't, though.

Tunsil, Minkah, X, Stills, Wilson are all clearly better, IMO.

I'm not even sure, at this stage of his career, that he is better than Baker.

Besides that, he is way overpaid, and apparently a malcontent. We don't need that.

Reshad is BY FAR the most accomplished member on this team, he has had a great and underrated career and is probably the 2nd best 5th round pick in Miami Dolphins history only because of ZT (good job Ireland).

Reshad is still top 5 at his position, sure he's overpaid but that's what bad teams gotta do to keep elite talent.

At age 31 he is still very much in his prime, Dolfans gonna eat a lot of crow in regards to his play with a real DC this year.

Last edited:
Reshad is BY FAR the most accomplished member on this team, he has had a great and underrated career and is the 2nd best 5th round pick in Miami Dolphins history only because of ZT (good job Ireland).

At age 31 he is still very much in his prime, Dolfans gonna eat a lot of crow in regards to his play with a real DC this year.
Well, he is one of the most accomplished, as he is one of two (I think) players to have gone to a pro bowl. Yes, he was alsova great rd 5 pick.

Neither of which has anything to do with his current status.

I'm not saying he is "trash", but he's not our third best player, and his contract (which I in no way blame him for) is not warranted.

I also don't give him a pass on quitting on his team, or not showing for OTAs.

Well, he is one of the most accomplished, as he is one of two (I think) players to have gone to a pro bowl. Yes, he was alsova great rd 5 pick.

Neither of which has anything to do with his current status.

I'm not saying he is "trash", but he's not our third best player, and his contract (which I in no way blame him for) is not warranted.

I also don't give him a pass on quitting on his team, or not showing for OTAs.

Reshad has proven he can play at an elite level in this league:

I would argue only X and Tunsil have proven this as well, Minkah (imo our 4th best) while having great potential still has a long way to go so imo Reshad is currently in the top 3.

He had a bad year last year as did the whole team, coaching makes a BIG difference though and a boss like Reshad ain't declining at age 31.

Hey John, yeah apparently Flores has done some bonding with him and they have a good relationship..

If this head coach is who I feel that he might be I’m gonna call it the Flores effect..

I’m not sure any coach has the background of our new leader, I think he has a unique ability to connect with players that others may not be able to, to be able to instill tough discipline but still have your players care for you is a unique skillset, to lead them, and for them to feel that he really cares about them and their families, Is a big part of becoming a great coach..

What I’m kind of fascinated with about our franchise is how Ross has led this movement that is called “Rise”, and how that resonates with the players in this league..I think it’s gonna have impact..

I think with Flores upbringing, his leadership traits, his ability to get other grown men to follow him, to me the upside is big..

I mean think about this, Jim Caldwell, a former successful very respected head coach is, on our staff, Reggie McKenzie, former GM of the year, is an assistant to our GM..These are grown men who could of went anywhere, decided to join this revolution and this particular head coach, I believe that, I believe that these guys wanna be a part of what Ross is doing and What Flores stands for..

I know I’m projecting a lot here, but I have theories of what makes successful teams, and players playing together, playing for each other, playing discipline hard football imo, can go along way, just continue to add the talent with that foundation, and boom, dynasty..:)

Sorry man but Caldwell was never a successful head coach. He got fired from the colts with pmanning as a quarter back went to Detroit and wasn’t much better. He actually said they didn’t need a run game and never drafted a decent running back and played almost all pass plays on offense.

Sorry man but Caldwell was never a successful head coach. He got fired from the colts with pmanning as a quarter back went to Detroit and wasn’t much better. He actually said they didn’t need a run game and never drafted a decent running back and played almost all pass plays on offense.
I thought he took the lions to the playoffs when they should of beaten Dallas no?

I thought he took the lions to the playoffs when they should of beaten Dallas no?
If you look at his records he took good teams and the first year and made them anything from cellar dwellers to mediocrity. I watched every lions game when he was coach and he was far from good. They didn’t have a 100 yard rusher in a game for two to 3 years.

If you look at his records he took good teams and the first year and made them anything from cellar dwellers to mediocrity. I watched every lions game when he was coach and he was far from good. They didn’t have a 100 yard rusher in a game for two to 3 years.

He’s a respected coach in the league, maybe doesn’t have a great winning percentage but def respected and experienced..He’s our qb coach..that’s really good no matter how you spin it.

He’s a respected coach in the league, maybe doesn’t have a great winning percentage but def respected and experienced..He’s our qb coach..that’s really good no matter how you spin it.

I agree he is a good assistant just not a head coach.

Reshad is BY FAR the most accomplished member on this team, he has had a great and underrated career and is probably the 2nd best 5th round pick in Miami Dolphins history only because of ZT (good job Ireland).

Reshad is still top 5 at his position, sure he's overpaid but that's what bad teams gotta do to keep elite talent.

Reshad penchant for getting caught with his nose in the backfield, is his Achilles heel. You act like we haven't witnessed Reshad, good and bad for the past decade. Crow on a 31 yr old SS with a history? Please.

Reshad penchant for getting caught with his nose in the backfield, is his Achilles heel. You act like we haven't witnessed Reshad, good and bad for the past decade. Crow on a 31 yr old SS with a history? Please.

You and many others act like he's not a good football player anymore just because Burke was a football idiot. Please, he's one of the best we've got and he's still a top SS in this league.

You and many others act like he's not a good football player anymore just because Burke was a football idiot. Please, he's one of the best we've got and he's still a top SS in this league.

I've been on the dump Jones train for years. He makes some great plays at the LOS, but all to often is caught peeking and is burnt. He was able to get away with it because his positive plays with TOs and pressures were highlighted on poor teams. So I reject the premise that Burke somehow led to his downfall or lack of production these past few years.

But it's all moot, because his contract keeps him in Davie for one more season at least. Meaning your hyperbole is just you trying to make waves. Meh.

I've been on the dump Jones train for years. He makes some great plays at the LOS, but all to often is caught peeking and is burnt. He was able to get away with it because his positive plays with TOs and pressures were highlighted on poor teams. So I reject the premise that Burke somehow led to his downfall or lack of production these past few years.

But it's all moot, because his contract keeps him in Davie for one more season at least. Meaning your hyperbole is just you trying to make waves. Meh.

He’s my favorite player on the team, of course I’m going to support him. U may not believe Burke/Gase contributed to his regression, we’ll see...

He's on our team. Period. Get over your hurt, sissy feelings and support the guy until he's no longer here. IF!! He's no longer here.

What's with all the belligerent posting about discussion recently?

Back
Top Bottom