The Curious Case of Ryan Tannehill is quickly becoming less curious & more respected. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Curious Case of Ryan Tannehill is quickly becoming less curious & more respected.

I would not say thill17 is long term answer or not . He have not been tested under fire lately in 4qts. Good game by defense and offense. I would say this. We have lot good young talent on this team. that is step up every week, good coach get most out players.

This, rumblings are Gase has had to beat it into Tanny's head that INTs will happen, and he'd rather have Tanny throw an INT taking a shot deep than be safe all the time

I'd like to read where you heard this ..not doubting you just genuinely interested in reading about this. I love the idea here

I don't just like what I am seeing, I LOVE it and if we can see this type of QB play on a more consistent basis from him . . . we certainly could have a special talent behind center for our Miami Dolphins.

Amen, hallelujah, praise be.

Preach, brother... preach.

I would not say thill17 is long term answer or not . He have not been tested under fire lately in 4qts. Good game by defense and offense. I would say this. We have lot good young talent on this team. that is step up every week, good coach get most out players.

Just can't give him credit huh? Don't know what game you watched but we have our answer

Tannehill looked like dog **** the first five games, and for the next 3 made enough plays, and no turnovers to compliment the running game. Today he looked great, he was a true difference maker with his deep throws under pressure and that third down scramble to keep a drive alive. Definite progress being made under Gase, hope he can keep it up.

That Bills game he executed some difficult throws flat out perfectly. He didn't do much in the Jets game, but that's the only game of the previous three before SD that he didn't play his own big part in a win where Ajayi got the lion's share.

why are acting like he is turning a corner?

Phin, because if he continues to make the big throws he did today- and not just the big play but perfectly accurate, in the breadbasket, in stride big plays- he did today, those are game-changers. And that is turning the corner.

Isn't one of our (and by our I mean you and me because Ive agreed with your sentiment on all accounts) biggest hits on the guy that he doesn't make the big play consistently? That he doesn't make the winning throws? I know we owe this game to takeaways but if Tanne doesn't make the perfect, big time passes he did today we are not in the game at all because besides Ajayi breaking a couple of big ones, Ajayi had to hussle for 2/3 yards as if he was sprinting for 80.

This Tanne from here on is a turned corner and great QB.

It was a close game for ANY OTHER reason besides Tannehil in terms of putting the Chargers away and it was a close game for EVERY REASON having to do with Tannehil in terms of not giving the game away.

Seriously dude. That was his only damn long ball he attempted the whole half. What are you even talking about? Tanne played OK today, just like in the last 4 games, why are acting like he is turning a corner? Would you be saying this if that jets defender took that short pass for a pick 6 last week when we were on the goal line? Damn people, stop trying to make Tanne something he's not... great.

2nd highest QB rating in his career, 2 touchdowns, no interceptions (4th straight game), some huge clutch plays (thru the air AND on the ground), deep throws with nice touch and he played "OK" today?

I don't know quite what to make of it frankly. Six weeks ago I was ready to give up and move on - we had a starter who was clearly shell-shocked, unable to make a throw to save his life, making poor decision after poor decision. And now this? It was like the second coming of Johnny U out there. And it wasn't just that he made some good passes, it was the way he made them, under huge duress. Those passes over the top to DVP and Stills were ridiculous.

But I just can't quite bring myself to jump back on the bandwagon yet. Maybe next week. ;)

I don't know quite what to make of it frankly. Six weeks ago I was ready to give up and move on - we had a starter who was clearly shell-shocked, unable to make a throw to save his life, making poor decision after poor decision. And now this? It was like the second coming of Johnny U out there. And it wasn't just that he made some good passes, it was the way he made them, under huge duress. Those passes over the top to DVP and Stills were ridiculous.

But I just can't quite bring myself to jump back on the bandwagon yet. Maybe next week. ;)

You want to know what to make of it? It's called learning a new, complex system.

Maybe, but I'm thinking it has more to do with an O-line that is finally semi-competent. Still, a remarkable turnaround.

They're all part of a new system and are all learning what is required within it. They also have a coach smart enough to utilize the talent at their disposal and get the right pieces in there. That's why we need to exercise patience here, the whole unit has to get on the same page learning a complex scheme. Some of the early reactions were absurd.

But ya we've all been preaching OL for how long now.

I'm a big believer in the theory that the final hurdles in the growth of a quarterback is that when the game is on the line he has confidence in his ability to get it done, his teammates have confidence in him, his coaching staff has confidence and the opposing defense has a level of fear that they believe he can get it done too. Tannehill isn't over the final hump just yer, but he's on the cusp. Two or three more games like you saw on Sunday and the debate will be over. At least it will be for most people.

Seriously dude. That was his only damn long ball he attempted the whole half. What are you even talking about? Tanne played OK today, just like in the last 4 games, why are acting like he is turning a corner? Would you be saying this if that jets defender took that short pass for a pick 6 last week when we were on the goal line? Damn people, stop trying to make Tanne something he's not... great.

That being said I'm happy he is playing efficient. He was getting rocked today and he took it and played through it. Can't knock him for that. I'm glad he's managing these games well lately

Don't get me wrong . . . most of the first half of that game was filled with 2 teams trying to force the running game down each other's throat with 2 of the best young running backs in the AFC . . . and the Fins took this conservative mindset into it. But once Tannehill took that shot, got rocked, and still connected on that bomb to Stills . . . . the light flicked on. He finally realized that he can beat this team by attacking them down the field and we saw him do just that in the 2nd half. He completed all 4 throws that were at least 20 yards in the air and was 7 for 11 while under pressure for 142 yards and a 155.8 QB rating

If what you saw today was considered "only game management" . . . I don't know what to tell you. This thread title is exactly what it is . . . even if you straight up don't like Tannehill . . . damn it if you can't at least respect his play the last 4 weeks. Sure he has been a "game manager" the last 3 games . . . . and that is fine, but he took this game over today, on the road against a defense that was in his face all game and stopped the rushing attack for the most part. It was HIGHLY impressive. His improvised movement in the pocket is better right now than at any point of his career, outside of his rookie season, where he just hadn't learned to think as much as he does now.

I don't play "what if's" with my football team because I don't watch 60 minutes of the other 30 football teams playing. So the Jets pick didn't happen and I'm sure many of the "great" QBs in this league have those moments throughout the year. It's football, you get dropped and popped up deflections that go for pick sixes and you get deflected balls that are caught for big gains. Is what it is.

But I finally see a QB that is improving in the phases of the game that I have always been critical on him about, and it is refreshing. Certainly he could have a setback or two as the season progresses, but the light in the Gase offense is coming on and it has been a fun watch.

It will be forgotten due to yet another flag, but he threw an extra deep ball to parker in the 4th q that I really liked

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

That being said I'm happy he is playing efficient. He was getting rocked today and he took it and played through it. Can't knock him for that. I'm glad he's managing these games well lately

"played ok"

:lol: funny guy

Back
Top Bottom