The Curious Case of Ryan Tannehill is quickly becoming less curious & more respected. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Curious Case of Ryan Tannehill is quickly becoming less curious & more respected.

Seriously dude. That was his only damn long ball he attempted the whole half. What are you even talking about? Tanne played OK today, just like in the last 4 games, why are acting like he is turning a corner? Would you be saying this if that jets defender took that short pass for a pick 6 last week when we were on the goal line? Damn people, stop trying to make Tanne something he's not... great.

That being said I'm happy he is playing efficient. He was getting rocked today and he took it and played through it. Can't knock him for that. I'm glad he's managing these games well lately

When analyst that make a living by slamming Tannehill every week state he had a fantastic game, it is hard to take your comments above as anything but biased analysis and sour milk. Any other week I would except your comments. This week ... YOU ARE WAY OFF DUDE!!!

My concern with the non-call on the deep throw to Parker late in the game was that if the Dolphins lost that game, all we'd hear about is how Tannehill couldn't get it done.

I was at that game with awesome seats and Parker had a great game, but on that play, Tanne threw it short expecting Parker to body up and shield the defender......he looked like the end of the New England game were he just fell and made no effort. He needs to start being an alpha male and stop freezing up with the game on the line!

our last five game will tell the story weather thill17 have turn corner or not. The team look good so we need support thill17. Enjoy the win at sport bar.

I was at that game with awesome seats and Parker had a great game, but on that play, Tanne threw it short expecting Parker to body up and shield the defender......he looked like the end of the New England game were he just fell and made no effort. He needs to start being an alpha male and stop freezing up with the game on the line!

He was interfered with in 3 different facets from 5 yards on, until the ball fell incomplete.

I'm sure if it was Rodgers or even Dak, you'd be praising their greatness and making some bull**** post about how you wish RT would do something like that. Pathetic, dude.

But realize that Rodgers has an immense track record of success and is among the absolute best every about converting opportunities to win football games no matter how fleeting they are. As for Dak, he hasn't experienced anything but immense success so far in the NFL. Of course you are going to praise those two.

I recognized that what Tannehill did yesterday was really, really good. He just has a track record of inconsistency and of failing when real success is attainable. Some will still refuse to see how good Tannehill is doing at times because you can't disprove inconsistency with a hot streak, and he can only prove he will not choke with playoffs on the line by not choking with playoffs on the line.

But realize that Rodgers has an immense track record of success and is among the absolute best every about converting opportunities to win football games no matter how fleeting they are. As for Dak, he hasn't experienced anything but immense success so far in the NFL. Of course you are going to praise those two.

I recognized that what Tannehill did yesterday was really, really good. He just has a track record of inconsistency and of failing when real success is attainable. Some will still refuse to see how good Tannehill is doing at times because you can't disprove inconsistency with a hot streak, and he can only prove he will not choke with playoffs on the line by not choking with playoffs on the line.

Per Pro-football-reference, Rodgers has 10 career 4th-quarter-come-from-behind wins. Tannehill has 11.
No offense, but I dislike that "track record" argument. If that is the baseline, PManning would be back. Or Jim Kelley would still be playing. 'Yeah, he's sucked the last 9 games, but look at his track record.' Rodgers looks pedestrian this year. Is he? Dunno, but no one gets a pass due to track record.

I'm sure if it was Rodgers or even Dak, you'd be praising their greatness and making some bull**** post about how you wish RT would do something like that. Pathetic, dude.

Don't get your panties in a bunch dude. If you read my response on the 4th page instead of emotionally quoting me before you move on then you would see that I conceded to his next point. Dude it aint like I don't want Tanne to be as great as the rest of em. Of course I do. Why you getting so offended because I'm still cautious of his play? He's proved for four years that he can't step up when we need him to. Albeit this year does feel different. We actually have a real coach too, Im excited for our future. ****, Im more worried about our secondary than I am of Tannehill right now.

I don't like Rodgers so Im not comparing my QB to him at all. I do like DAK though and he's fun to watch.

Taking A Look At How Much Ryan Tannehill Has Improved

Miami Dolphins' Tannehill reaching new heights; check out these numbers | Miami Herald
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article114720223.html

One of Adam Gase’s missions, beyond transforming this into a winning organization, was making Ryan Tannehill a better quarterback. And in barely more than half a season, Gase already has done it, with Tannehill obviously also deserving a large share of the credit.

Tannehill’s passer rating has risen from 88.7 last season to 91.3, 16th best among all starters and ahead of, among others, Eli Manning (88.4 entering the Giants’ Monday night game), Jameis Winston (87.5), Carson Palmer (86), Cam Newton (86), Joe Flacco (78.3), Jay Cutler (77.1) and Brock Osweiler (74.1).

Tannehill is averaging a career-high 8.0 yards per attempt, better than his career mark of 7.0.

He’s completing 65.3 percent of his passes, well ahead of his 62.3 career mark.

• During the past four games, he has a passer rating of more than 97 in three of them – 97.4 against Pittsburgh, 99.4 against Buffalo and 130.6 against San Diego --- and has four touchdown passes and no interceptions. That 130.6 against the Chargers was the second-best of his career.

A huge key: He has been sacked only three times in those four games.

• This also speaks well of Gase: Chicago’s Cutler posted a career-high 92.3 rating in his one year with Gase as his offensive coordinator but has slipped to 77.1 this season without Gase.

• Passer rating can be an overrated stat, but this might shock you: According to ProFootballReference.com, Tannehill now ranks 27th in NFL history in career passer rating, among qualifying players, at 85.9.

The five directly ahead of him: Otto Graham, Dan Marino, Andrew Luck and Trent Green and Brett Favre (those last two are at 86, just a shade ahead of Tannehill).

Among the hundreds of quarterbacks behind Tannehill in all-time passer rating: Donovan McNabb, Jim Kelly, Flacco, Eli Manning, Roger Staubach, Troy Aikman, Boomer Esiason, Dan Fouts and Warren Moon.

Does this mean Tannehill is better than Kelly, Aikman and Fouts? Of course not. It also raises issues with the NFL’s passer rating formula, to an extent. But it is impressive, nevertheless.

• Two areas where Tannehill must improve: He has a 79 passer rating on third down, which is 11th in the AFC.

And only 37.8 percent of his third down throws have been parlayed into first downs, which ranks 19th. The top two in that category: Tom Brady at 66.4 and Drew Brees at 55.3.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...y-jackson/article114720223.html#storylink=cpy

eh, he looks like the same capable QB we always had. He just has running game for once with adequate protection. If you are surprised, then you clearly havent been paying attention, or simply dont know what you've been watching (and thats ok!).

A guy that flashes all the time and words like "ceiling, potential, etc" with one of the worst protecting lines in football over years is not going to succeed.

We have a solid young coach who changed the culture, fixed the OL (and leaky D a little, but still needs fixing), empowered the 1st round talent at QB and you are seeing the results. That is the real story.

None of you should be surprised he's "playing well". He's been capable of this all along, the old staff didnt have the team in a position to be consistent and succeed with their finesse football.

eh, he looks like the same capable QB we always had. He just has running game for once with adequate protection. If you are surprised, then you clearly havent been paying attention, or simply dont know what you've been watching (and thats ok!).

A guy that flashes all the time and words like "ceiling, potential, etc" with one of the worst protecting lines in football over years is not going to succeed.

We have a solid young coach who changed the culture, fixed the OL (and leaky D a little, but still needs fixing), empowered the 1st round talent at QB and you are seeing the results. That is the real story.

None of you should be surprised he's "playing well". He's been capable of this all along, the old staff didnt have the team in a position to be consistent and succeed with their finesse football.

He's something like 10-1 when the starting OL is healthy (and some of the time, not necessarily great) and the running game at least average. He's 4-0 with a seemingly competent OL healthy, with a 100+QBR and no interceptions. I kept harkening back to the 2nd Pats game in '13 where after being sacked 3X in the first half in a little more than the second half, he overcame a 10pt deficit to beat them, being sacked only once more. He threw 3TDs and 300yds when kept relatively upright.

My head has often exploded listening to the rhetoric that having the 2 worst ranked OLs int he league in '14 and '15 didn't really have too much bearing on Tannehill's effectiveness.

He's something like 10-1 when the starting OL is healthy (and some of the time, not necessarily great) and the running game at least average. He's 4-0 with a seemingly competent OL healthy, with a 100+QBR and no interceptions. I kept harkening back to the 2nd Pats game in '13 where after being sacked 3X in the first half in a little more than the second half, he overcame a 10pt deficit to beat them, being sacked only once more. He threw 3TDs and 300yds when kept relatively upright.

My head has often exploded listening to the rhetoric that having the 2 worst ranked OLs int he league in '14 and '15 didn't really have too much bearing on Tannehill's effectiveness.

Yep. Even the elite QB's struggle if they dont have protection. Difference is they have good coaches who can rectify the issue mid season and get refocused. Our previous staff was unfit. Seems like we may have ours now though...

The culture change is a big deal too. Everyone bought it and is playing for each other and for their coach. Impressive after a 1-4 start if you ask me..

Actually Rodger isn't very good at converting close games. Sure he did a couple last year with hail mary pass but over his career he hasn't been good in those spots.

"Aaron Rodgers

See how the best quarterbacks in the league largely make up the active leaders in GWDs? That is why Rodgers' 9-24 (.273) record at GWD opportunities continues to baffle me. Yeah, he's had some bad luck, but not significantly more so than the quarterbacks with more wins, which includes most of the league. A common trait with front-runner quarterbacks -- Len Dawson and Kurt Warner are two great examples -- is that even the few close wins they have are not that impressive. Rodgers has great stats on his nine GWDs (No. 4 in points per drive), but two of them came against the 2008 Lions (0-16). Another came against the Saints' awful defense last season.

His last GWD, at home against the 2012 Lions, was 59 yards and included seven running plays (handoffs). The closest thing to a signature drive is the one he had in New York (2011) in the final minute to set up a winning field goal to break a 35-35 tie. Given his career performance, I would like to see more from him in this area. It's a Green Bay problem, but the "best quarterback in the NFL" cannot have just nine GWDs against seven losing teams in five seasons."

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2013/quarterbacks-game-winning-drive-study

The article was written 3 years ago but Rodgers hasn't moved the needle much since then. Only 14 game winning drives in 10 1/2 years. Tannehill has 9 in 4 1/2 years. Rodgers has earned his living by hitting TD passes early in games and blowing away the other team. When it gets close in the 4th quarter the packers lose more often then win.

Back
Top Bottom