The curse of Belichick. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The curse of Belichick.

-81- McMichael

Active Roster
Reaction score
Just a theory but... here goes:

For twenty years Belichick commanded a team with an iron fist, enabled by a quarterback that will go down as the GOAT and a front office that made excellent personnel decisions/moves. But without that GOAT we now see that maybe, just maybe, he's not all that much of a "genius". Moreover, seems his gruff and acerbic demeanor is wearing thin. To the point of running the GOAT out of town only to see said GOAT win it all with another team.

What's TRAGIC here is that this "style" of coaching clearly doesn't work. It's why guys like Saban coach college football. And now we have Flores failing with his own take on the "Belichick way".

Look, I wanted to believe. But it's over. The Dolphins will lose to the winless Jags next week and Flores and Grier's sorry behind should both be planning on finding a new employer.

Without the GOAT the Patriots never win 6 Super Bowls. And Belichick is never mentioned as a "coaching genius". An excellent coach? Sure. No doubt. But the man is an arsehole and his schtick of treating grown men the way he does... the way Saban did... the way Flores does now... without the GOAT he never would have succeeded enough to carry on like he does. And neither would his protege Flores.

Anyway. It's over, 2021. Done. So many wasted picks. So many bad personnel moves. So much pretentious posing as the "tuff coach". What a waste of time. Hope they cutt bait. Because another year or two of Flores and you'll see even more Dolphin fans finding better things to do on Sundays. I know I have.

PS - I gave up on this team on Week 1 after that "gift" we got in New England. If you watched that game and didn't already know the ship was sinking... then you were wearing rose colored glasses. And if you think there's anything left to salvage in 2021 then please get me the number of your dope dealer because you're smoking some good $#!t.

For twenty years Belichick commanded a team with an iron fist, enabled by a quarterback that will go down as the GOAT and a front office that made excellent personnel decisions/moves. But without that GOAT we now see that maybe, just maybe, he's not all that much of a "genius". Moreover, seems his gruff and acerbic demeanor is wearing thin. To the point of running the GOAT out of town only to see said GOAT win it all with another team.

What's TRAGIC here is that this "style" of coaching clearly doesn't work. It's why guys like Saban coach college football. And now we have Flores failing with his own take on the "Belichick way".

Look, I wanted to believe. But it's over. The Dolphins will lose to the winless Jags next week and Flores and Grier's sorry behind should both be planning on finding a new employer.

Without the GOAT the Patriots never win 6 Super Bowls. And Belichick is never mentioned as a "coaching genius". An excellent coach? Sure. No doubt. But the man is an arsehole and his schtick of treating grown men the way he does... the way Saban did... the way Flores does now... without the GOAT he never would have succeeded enough to carry on like he does. And neither would his protege Flores.

Anyway. It's over, 2021. Done. So many wasted picks. So many bad personnel moves. So much pretentious posing as the "tuff coach". What a waste of time. Hope they cutt bait. Because another year or two of Flores and you'll see even more Dolphin fans finding better things to do on Sundays. I know I have.

PS - I gave up on this team on Week 1 after that "gift" we got in New England. If you watched that game and didn't already know the ship was sinking... then you were wearing rose colored glasses. And if you think there's anything left to salvage in 2021 then please get me the number of your dope dealer because you're smoking some good $#!t.
BB sent us Flo and Brissett to screw our season!

Lol jp.

But on a real note, I told my family that this was my last rebuild. I was riding or dieing w Flo (against my will) because I simply do not have the heart to suffer through another round of roster purges, coaching changes and scheme adjustments.

I never wanted a NE blow hard like Flo. Just like I want nothing to do w Brady being a minority owner.

But my goodness l, how is it possible to get it wrong at the QB position like 30+ times in a row? It's like losing black jack 30 times, odds are you will find a nut.

If they get Watson, I'll slam them for the panic. But I will tell you this, Watson will be the best QB we had suit up since 13. And after getting it wrong so many times, maybe this entire process will eventually yield our new found QB.

But if Flo gets canned, I am GONE. Watson or no Watson. I will be one of those ppl finding better ways to spend thier Sundays.

I'm gone if Flo and Watson are here...50 plus years as fan...Sundays will be freed up.

It was pretty sickening seeing Roberts, McCourty, Butler, Rowe all queuing up to have a lovely chat with Tom at the end of the game yesterday after he’d just spent three hours making them look unfit to play professional football.

Flo is a good coach who made a bad decision to hire two O.C.s. It's clear he needs a very strong O.C. and supporting staff on offense. He is not a iron fist coach though, as he's been highly regarded as a players coach.

He deserves a lot of the blame, as he is the H.C., but Grier is the real bad guy here...

As much as I'd love to buy the narrative that Bellicheck doesn't win a title without Brady, I don't think that's a fair statement. Now, does he win six? That's a good argument.

I read somewhere that in more than half the years with New England, Brady had a top 10 defense behind him. That certainly contributed to those championships, but quarterbacks tend to get all the credit.

Now, I know BB is something like 63-75 without Brady, which isn't good. But most of those years were with Cleveland. He did go 11-5 without Brady in 2008.

Anyway, playing devils advocate would Tampa Bay have won a super bowl last year with Teddy Bridgewater, Derek Carr, Jimmy G or Andy Dalton? I'd say probably.

Not meaning to diminish what Brady did, but that team just needed some consistency at quarterback. The year before Winston threw 30 interceptions and TB still managed 7 wins. The talent was there with better quarterback play.

I will be here forever, for as many rebuilds as it takes. I have come to grips that the Dolphins won't win a Superbowl for as long as I am alive, and I am only 34 years old. Lmao.

We need a change of GM asap but I will be here if they do make the change or don't.

As much as I'd love to buy the narrative that Bellicheck doesn't win a title without Brady, I don't think that's a fair statement. Now, does he win six? That's a good argument.

I read somewhere that in more than half the years with New England, Brady had a top 10 defense behind him. That certainly contributed to those championships, but quarterbacks tend to get all the credit.

Now, I know BB is something like 63-75 without Brady, which isn't good. But most of those years were with Cleveland. He did go 11-5 without Brady in 2008.

Anyway, playing devils advocate would Tampa Bay have won a super bowl last year with Teddy Bridgewater, Derek Carr, Jimmy G or Andy Dalton? I'd say probably.

Not meaning to diminish what Brady did, but that team just needed some consistency at quarterback. The year before Winston threw 30 interceptions and TB still managed 7 wins. The talent was there with better quarterback play.
Brady just very smart
Every one could see the Patsies were depleted and running on empty
So he jumped to a stocked team and very good coach

Brady just very smart
Every one could see the Patsies were depleted and running on empty
So he jumped to a stocked team and very good coach
Right. Give him credit for seeing the talent on Tampa Bay.

It was easy to see that the Bucs could be good if they eliminated some of those turnovers on offense.

Enough "dopes" on the forum - LOL

It's the curse of the shitty coaching staff and front office we've had for the last 21 years.

Back
Top Bottom