The Dallas Cowboys offer the Miami Dolphins... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dallas Cowboys offer the Miami Dolphins...

If we went with your analogy, then we would never pay anyone differently.

Did you even consider that was what your approach leads to?

Oh, it's based on who is better. Who makes that decision, you or the GM!

Please note that the contract "X" signed was based on cash to be paid, not who was rated in the top 10 or top 20.

THINK!
Actually, football is supposed to be one of the last meritocracies we have left.

If you paid your 1st team All Pro, vote getter for DPOY more than you paid his counterpart on the team who can't handle the #2 WR then I have no problem with that approach.

Howard should sit out until he makes a dollar more per season than Jones.

The foolish move was paying Jones top CB money.

Whoever replaces X is going to get picked on A LOT
And people on this site won't be the least bit concerned...just as long as we showed Howard who was boss.

That said. Let's not leave Jones out of this picture. He will be forced onto the #1's...this after the #2 WRs gave him fits.

Actually, football is supposed to be one of the last meritocracies we have left.

If you paid your 1st team All Pro, vote getter for DPOY more than you paid his counterpart on the team who can't handle the #2 WR then I have no problem with that approach.

Howard should sit out until he makes a dollar more per season than Jones.

The foolish move was paying Jones top CB money.

"Actually, football is supposed to be one of the last meritocracies we have left"
- Says who or whom? - LOL

"If you paid your 1st team All Pro, vote getter for DPOY more than you paid his counterpart on the team who can't handle the #2 WR then I have no problem with that approach."
- Anyone who doesn't know the "all pro" thing is a popularity contest is just plain RONG! - LOL

"Howard should sit out until he makes a dollar more per season than Jones."
- Happy retirement "X", if your stupid enough to take it - LOL

"The foolish move was paying Jones top CB money."
- The foolish move was paying "X" top CB money if you won't stick to the contract - LOL

It's uncommon for posters to be so totally wrong with everything you say but it does simplify making my arguments, thank you for that - LOL

"Actually, football is supposed to be one of the last meritocracies we have left"
- Says who or whom? - LOL

"If you paid your 1st team All Pro, vote getter for DPOY more than you paid his counterpart on the team who can't handle the #2 WR then I have no problem with that approach."
- Anyone who doesn't know the "all pro" thing is a popularity contest is just plain RONG! - LOL

"Howard should sit out until he makes a dollar more per season than Jones."
- Happy retirement "X", if your stupid enough to take it - LOL

"The foolish move was paying Jones top CB money."
- The foolish move was paying "X" top CB money if you won't stick to the contract - LOL

It's uncommon for posters to be so totally wrong with everything you say but it does simplify making my arguments, thank you for that - LOL
You are so off that seeing you "LOL" while confusing the Pro Bowl with being and All Pro is enough to ignore this ignorance.

yep, I get all that, and that’s why I would eagerly take a 1 for him. Our secondary is deep. But, the reason we may be able to get a 1 for him is because he is absolutley one of the top CB’s in the league when healthy. The key point is “when healthy”. Which is why it’s a kick in the nuts because this FO took a chance on him when he hadn’t been healthy all season and now he is asking for more. Real kick in the nuts.
A humiliating kick in the crotch, as Sting would say.

Whoever replaces X is going to get picked on A LOT
Hopefully they’ll be up to the task. We have so many different types of players there, we can disguise coverages and such to help out, but I understand your point.

yep, I get all that, and that’s why I would eagerly take a 1 for him. Our secondary is deep. But, the reason we may be able to get a 1 for him is because he is absolutley one of the top CB’s in the league when healthy. The key point is “when healthy”. Which is why it’s a kick in the nuts because this FO took a chance on him when he hadn’t been healthy all season and now he is asking for more. Real kick in the nuts.
Even if we get a 1, that’s terrible value relative to his production. A 1 has a better chance of turning into Charles Harris than it does Franco Harris. I hate this. Honor your damn contract. Or, work something out and be done w this.

Even if we get a 1, that’s terrible value relative to his production. A 1 has a better chance of turning into Charles Harris than it does Franco Harris. I hate this. Honor your damn contract. Or, work something out and be done w this.
Not an unreasonable point of view.

Back
Top Bottom