The Day Ricky Died (in my eyes) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Day Ricky Died (in my eyes)

i woke up around 8 am that morning and the second i walk outta my room, my family starts flippen out and i was just shocked

:roflmao:

LOL...yeah I noticed a theme too.......

We all have some harsh friends dont we :lol: How dare they call, and laugh, and rub that horrible day in our faces?

It was the same thing for me at work the next day.....At my job, everyone likes a different team.....there is a rams fan, bear's fan, Saint's fan, cowboy's fan, raider's fan....etc. And they all let me have it the day after he quit.:rolleyes:

I was working the overnight shift at Stop and Shop at the time, and i remember distinctly, it was around 12:30 when my friend Johnny text messaged my phone saying the Ricky Williams had retired, that he saw it on sportscenter, and i remember saying, dude you're ******ed, ricky williams has been to every meeting and every practice this summer, what the hell are you talking about the season starts in a few weeks, why the hell would he retire????

I was on the phone with a friend, and he was like dude these people on NCAA keep trying to tell me that ricky williams retired, and I said to him people are ****ing idiots then I opened the IE and there it was :shakeno:

I was getting ready to go to a Pirate game at PNC park and was waiting for my friend to swing by and pick me up. So, having a few minutes to kill I thought I'd check email before I went. While I was at it, I figured I'd hop on the net and check a couple things. I have Yahoo as my home page and noticed 'Dolphins' Williams to retire. "Well, that can't be Ricky" I thought, "Isn't there a Jay Williams still on the team? Surprised he would make a headline" as I clicked on the link.

Could not believe what I was seeing. Man was I pissed off!!!!! :fire: Broke the news to my friend when he pulled up, he was in disbelief as well. Later at the Pirate game inbetween innings the posted some sports headlines on the Jumbotron, when they posted the Ricky story you could hear a low 'WOAH' from the crowd.

:shakeno:

I remember hanging out a ricky's apartment smoking a bowl with him and listening to Marley.... oh wait thats not right.

I was staying the night at my girlfriends house when we woke up we heard the news. I watched ESPN News in disbelief for like 4 hours.

Had just got home about 7:30PM when my cousin (Niners fan) calls and says "What happened?", I replied, "about what?", he says, "No more Ricky, he retired, how about them Dolphins!" ...I took it as a joke but had to see it for myself so I turned on the TV to ESPN and immiedetly they said "Ricky retires from football" I was still in disbelief...so I logg onto to here only to see the front page where it said, "Ricky calls it quits"...then my first emotions was deep sadness....I immedetly went to turn my Ricky Williams figure in the living room upside down.

:shakeno: :cry:

It was a sad day in Dolphins history for sure.

It was about 1:30 am and I was just leaving a party. I got a text message on my cel phone that read something like: "What's this about R. Williams RETIRING?" I immediately called him and asked for an explination. He read the article to me that was on ESPN.com. I couldnt believe what I was hearing. It didnt sink in until days later. Maybe ist still hasnt yet.

Back
Top Bottom