The Day Ricky Died (in my eyes) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Day Ricky Died (in my eyes)

testtubetimmy

Supreme Lord Emperor
Reaction score
Just wanted to know, what was everyone doing/thinking when they heard Ricky had quit last year?

I myself was in the car with my friend, who got a phone call telling him the news. When I got home and confirmed it on the computer, I had to call and wake my father up (the only bigger dolphin fan then me, that i know of) and tell him the news. He probably thought he was dreaming.

I dont even think anger was my first emotion, though it certainly remained the most prominent throughout the season. (though im glad, cuz it helped get wannstedt fired) So, although its not really pertinent information, just was interested in knowing what your reactions all were

It was after midnight here on the east coast. I went into disbelief, then started pounding a bottle. It was not a pleasant night, thank God I was off the following day.

i was camping and didnt hear about it for about 3 days after it went down, and when i got home, someone told me he had retired, and i figured that it was just the normal RB talk, that he could retire after the season...

crazy.

testtubetimmy said:
Just wanted to know, what was everyone doing/thinking when they heard Ricky had quit last year?

I myself was in the car with my friend, who got a phone call telling him the news. When I got home and confirmed it on the computer, I had to call and wake my father up (the only bigger dolphin fan then me, that i know of) and tell him the news. He probably thought he was dreaming.

I dont even think anger was my first emotion, though it certainly remained the most prominent throughout the season. (though im glad, cuz it helped get wannstedt fired) So, although its not really pertinent information, just was interested in knowing what your reactions all were

I was hanging out with a couple of my friends (one who's a Raiders fan and one who's a Giants fan) and we turned on ESPN News to watch some baseball highlights. They lead off the hour with the news that Ricky was quitting. My first reaction was "WHAT THE F-CK??!!" I was in disbelief. My friends were also in shock. They then began laughing at me as I repeadedtly slammed my fist into the ground, screaming obscentites.

It was the day after single game tickets went on sale. My father bought us all tickets and set up our weekend to head down to south Florida just hours before.

He called me the next morning and I hadn't heard yet...I believe his exact words were "Can you believe that pu$$y just Fu**king retired. What the fu**. What the fu**. I just spent all that *&^%$ fu**ing money and *&^%%**&^&*%$#@#@%$#

....and then he hung up.

Oh man, that day...

I came online that evening and my boy IM'ed me. He was like 'Dude, you hear about Ricky?"..I was like "Nah, what happened?" and he was like "He's gone man. He retired". I was pretty speechless. Confused. My confusion wasn't replaced with anger as I expected. I was just lost for words, deep in thought. :(

computer. opened IE at about 2 am, and saw "Dolphins HB retired". I said to myself, woah, minor,henry retired? Then i saw it was ricky. I was numb.

Was on my way to school. Couldn't believe it.

Woke up around 12am that morning and saw it on msnbc.com, the headline was Dolphins Williams retires. I was thinking, WTF??

Im surprised there hasnt been someone who found out through none other than Finheaven...I woke up that morning and hopped online like usual...the first thing I do in my daily routine is check Finheaven for news...and there it was right on the main page. Finheaven had just recently changed the website I believe, I still wasnt used to seeing all of the breaking news articles on the front page like that...and I was in disbelief at first, theres always so much speculation on the forums that I thought it HAD to be speculation or a joke from Finheaven...checked NFL.com and found out it was infact true.

Phinfan31 said:
Im surprised there hasnt been someone who found out through none other than Finheaven...I woke up that morning and hopped online like usual...the first thing I do in my daily routine is check Finheaven for news...and there it was right on the main page. Finheaven had just recently changed the website I believe, I still wasnt used to seeing all of the breaking news articles on the front page like that...and I was in disbelief at first, theres always so much speculation on the forums that I thought it HAD to be speculation or a joke from Finheaven...checked NFL.com and found out it was infact true.

If only I was a member then. :(

byroan said:
If only I was a member then. :(

you only missed about 5.6 million Ricky Williams thread. I have never seen more threads merged in my lifetime.

I just came home from a nice dinner with the family. My mom was there, her two kids, my grandma and her new husband and my aunt. I check my answering machine and I hear a message of my friend saying "hear about Ricky, he he". So naturally I thought he was injured. I checked espn.com and saw the new. Of course I collasped and screamed every cuss word I knew. Especially the Eff word over and over again in front of my family. Part of me wanted to stop, however I couldn't. That was just too painful.

Maybe I love the Dolphins too much. That was one of the worst feelings I have had.

:roflmao:

OMG people..... reading all these responses makes me (biting my tongue).

Me? The only way I could describe my reaction was SHOCK!!!!:eek: .

But I wasn't flipping out and saying all these swear words:confused:

maybe I wasn't trippin b/c I knew we were going nowhere with Wanny+Fiedler running the show. Ricky retiring was just the icing on the cake :shakeno: . Call it pessimism, but hey, I'm a realist. :dunno:

I got home, drunk at around 7am and wanted to see what had been going on in the NFL (I live in Europe, so mornings are a good time for me to get your afternoon news pieces). So I sit down, open up finheaven.com and I see "Ricky Williams Retires!". I was drunk and thought it was a joke, but the reports were everywhere, and it slowly sunk in. It sucked.

Back
Top Bottom