The Day Ricky Died (in my eyes) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Day Ricky Died (in my eyes)

I wasnt that shocked, I heard it and was like oh well. We werent winning anything with Fiedler/Wanny, Im a fan but Im realistic, we were choking every year and our coaching and Qb play was just a nightmare. Ricky was always nuts so this didnt surprise me all that much.
Its not like the JFK assasination or 911 people, the guy was loony when we picked him up and he was looney when he quit. I never refer to it as retirement, its not, he quit.

finfansince72 said:
I wasnt that shocked, I heard it and was like oh well. We werent winning anything with Fiedler/Wanny, Im a fan but Im realistic, we were choking every year and our coaching and Qb play was just a nightmare. Ricky was always nuts so this didnt surprise me all that much.
Its not like the JFK assasination or 911 people, the guy was loony when we picked him up and he was looney when he quit. I never refer to it as retirement, its not, he quit.
You are right, was not like the Jfk assasination or the 911, but was very bad for me tho and I would like to see him back with the team!

The night the lights went out in Georgia....These eyes.....Ricky don't lose that #

I got woken up in the morning by an eagles fan who called me up and just yelled turn on ESPN and started to laugh.. Stayed in bed all that day.. Didn't think it was true for a few days, but when it settled in, I was livid.. Threw out a bunch of stuff

I was here in front of the computer when I signed on to finheaven and to my disbelief......there it was on the main page "Ricky Williams Retires". What followed was a bunch of words I cannot repeat. A horrilble day indeed.

I got my news paper.I went into the bathroom.Opened up the sports section.My eyes rooled back when i read it .I throw my paper on the bathroom floor.

testtubetimmy said:
Just wanted to know, what was everyone doing/thinking when they heard Ricky had quit last year?

I myself was in the car with my friend, who got a phone call telling him the news. When I got home and confirmed it on the computer, I had to call and wake my father up (the only bigger dolphin fan then me, that i know of) and tell him the news. He probably thought he was dreaming.

I dont even think anger was my first emotion, though it certainly remained the most prominent throughout the season. (though im glad, cuz it helped get wannstedt fired) So, although its not really pertinent information, just was interested in knowing what your reactions all were

Also known as the day God died in my eyes. :cry:

i was on a cruise ship in the middle of the caribbean with my family, my girllfriend and her family. i logged on in the middle of the night, after a long nihgt of drinking and read the news. when i woke up the next day i thought it had been a dream (nightmare actually)...when i put the tv on, all we had was espn international in spanish, sportscenter was on and i saw he was the lead story. i went back to the library, logged on to finheaven and spent the enxt 2 hours reading the ricky retired thread. i was wearing a fins hat that day and got approached left and right, the news spread like wildfire, even in the middle of the sea.

I just got out of my car at the golf course and another guy in my league was really p***ed off. He looked at me and said can you believe it? I said what happened and he told me but I didnn't believe him.

I ran back to my car and turned on ESPN radio and they were talking about it. My day was shot, so was my golf game I was so mad that I couldn't play and got crushed.

Similiar

MiamiFan1354 said:
I got woken up in the morning by an eagles fan who called me up and just yelled turn on ESPN and started to laugh.. Stayed in bed all that day.. Didn't think it was true for a few days, but when it settled in, I was livid.. Threw out a bunch of stuff

I was at home, in bed. Had my phone on mute. In the morning I saw that my one Titans friend had phoned me about 3 times, from Midnight to 2 am. I thought to myself "Uhho, he is phoning at that time because someone died". I turned on the TV and saw that I was close.
F**k Ricky.

i turned on the radio before jumping into the shower and heard some of the local yocals discussing miami options at RB and fantasy implications. i thought, "wake up, we're fine at rb...this isnt 1998" then they broke the news that ricky had retired, and i thought "he'll be in camp within a week"

I was flipping through the channels and stopped on the news which had archive footage of Ricky so I stopped at that channel. I was bewildered when I heard the news and the stupid anchor said "Good for him to find himself while traveling" or some apologist BS!

I had just moved, my internet and satellite weren't set up yet. Once they got set up I turned on the TV and the computer and was flooded with pictures of Ricky and stupid quotes from McKinney.

testtubetimmy said:
Just wanted to know, what was everyone doing/thinking when they heard Ricky had quit last year?

I myself was in the car with my friend, who got a phone call telling him the news. When I got home and confirmed it on the computer, I had to call and wake my father up (the only bigger dolphin fan then me, that i know of) and tell him the news. He probably thought he was dreaming.

I dont even think anger was my first emotion, though it certainly remained the most prominent throughout the season. (though im glad, cuz it helped get wannstedt fired) So, although its not really pertinent information, just was interested in knowing what your reactions all were

I was on WestPac and my ship happened to be in hawaii that weekend. I was out in town wearing my Authentic RW jersey and when I got back to my hotel room my boy said "dog...i got something to tell you....you might want to sit down....so i sat and he told me he heard the news on espn. Of course at first i did not believe him then i saw it on the bottom line....i then found out he was in hawaii as well then i went to look for him...SO I COULD SLAP SOME SENSE INTO HIM!! Haven't worn the jersey since! :shakeno: :( :cry:

Back
Top Bottom