The Day Ricky Died (in my eyes) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Day Ricky Died (in my eyes)

I was vacationing on my beach house. I didn't even know anything about it until my nephew came down for a visit and asked me what I thought about Ricky leaving. I said what the heck are you talking about, I thought he was busting my chops beacuse he was a buccs fan. He said no, he was serious. I ran to the TV and put on ESPN, there I saw it. I was so pissed, it ruined my vacation. I always thought it was some joke and he was just trying to get more money and he would come back. Well, I guess he maybe be coming back albeit 2 years later. I still wouldn't trust him though. They better have a back up plan if the take him back. I'm sure we will go awol again.

I was right here when the story broke. I couldn't find it but Muck's response was a classic. Never to be outdone as a wordsmith Muck's single sentence post to the news of Ricky William's retirement was.....................(drumroll)............

"This is bad."

:roflmao:

stuck at work with no tv or comp. Had over 20 colts fan call and tease me all day. I thout it was a joke. still think it a joke

I remember I was excited about the new season. Then I got a call and followed up online. I remember thinking our season was done and we would go 3-13.

I always thought that Wanny should hve always had a backup plan for Ricky. Reason being before coming to MIA Ricky had suffered injuries in each of his NFL years. I remember that day cursing Wanny. How can that wuss of a coach not done anything to stop this or have a backup plan for a guy who had problems & was injury prone? Damn him.

testtubetimmy said:
Just wanted to know, what was everyone doing/thinking when they heard Ricky had quit last year?

I myself was in the car with my friend, who got a phone call telling him the news. When I got home and confirmed it on the computer, I had to call and wake my father up (the only bigger dolphin fan then me, that i know of) and tell him the news. He probably thought he was dreaming.

I dont even think anger was my first emotion, though it certainly remained the most prominent throughout the season. (though im glad, cuz it helped get wannstedt fired) So, although its not really pertinent information, just was interested in knowing what your reactions all were

I was on a plane flying home from Vacation with my family, and I asked the Flight-attendant for a newspaper, and on the front of the sport section was ricky and it said he quit.

ZOD said:
I was right here when the story broke. I couldn't find it but Muck's response was a classic. Never to be outdone as a wordsmith Muck's single sentence post to the news of Ricky William's retirement was.....................(drumroll)............

"This is bad."

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I was in Europe. My Dad had heard it during the night on CNN News, and so when I woke up and met the rest of the family for breakfast, it was not him but my $hit little brother, a big Dolphins HATER who broke the news to me. At first, I was actually speechless and in shock and disbelief, like I never had a loss for words like I did at that very moment. I didnt believe it was true- I thought maybe my Dad had dreamt it. But finally, we found a compter and I got confirmation from ESPN. I was crushed.

ZOD said:

"This is bad."

:roflmao:

Perfect!

I had just gotten home from a party. I damn well know my first emotion was utter and complete denial. it was also my third and it probably came up again. My friend said "Oh sorry to hear about ricky?" and like a ****y piss head that i am i said "what did he get another jets player stuck under his shoe?" and of course we all know what my friend said next "nah man hes gone..."

stop talking to that friend for awhile.

I was in the shower getting ready for something and my wife comes in and said "Whats the Worst thing that could happen to the Dolphins?" I said "Ricky Williams is injured for the year?!" She said "Worse....he retired!"...my mind instantly moved on to who can we get??? Just kept thinking of a replacement right away. Couldnt think of anything else.

i was at a friends house swimming in a pool

my dad called me(huge cowboy fan) and said why didnt you tell me about ricky...and i was like what do you mean? and he was like that he retired..i was like stop ****ing with me man...(he had done taht about 5 times before) and i jumped out of the pool...ran over to the computer looked at finheaven and there it was.....i just stood there..freezing...couldnt talk..couldnt do a thing

I was in Vermont at the time visiting relatives. My friend (Vikings fan) had called me and left a voicemail. He said something along the lines of, "Uh sorry dude it was just announced on ESPN Ricky Williams just retired and said, "Free At Last", "Free At Last". Than he said, I know how it must feel losing your best player. Then he goes, "Oh wait, The Dolphins still have their best player... Jeff Zgonina". Right when he said that I thought he was dicking me, and that is was just a joke. I'm thinking, why the hell would Ricky Williams retire?? I couldn't get on a computer at the time. So I called him back and I barely had service up their in Vermont, so I'm asking him about Ricky. He said, "It's true dude... he retired." And I wouldn't say I was in denial (yet), I just didn't believe he was for real. Than I checked my phone (Internet Service) and went to ESPN for some reason I couldn't find it on the main headlines. So I'm thinking what a douche, he didn't retire... I would see it on my phone. Than I finally checked online... Cried... Whined... Bitched... Cried... Cried... Wish I broke my phone... Cried... Cried... and haven't stopped since... :cry:

painnotpleasure said:
I was in Vermont at the time visiting relatives. My friend (Vikings fan) had called me and left a voicemail. He said something along the lines of, "Uh sorry dude it was just announced on ESPN Ricky Williams just retired and said, "Free At Last", "Free At Last". Than he said, I know how it must feel losing your best player. Then he goes, "Oh wait, The Dolphins still have their best player... Jeff Zgonina". Right when he said that I thought he was dicking me, and that is was just a joke. I'm thinking, why the hell would Ricky Williams retire?? I couldn't get on a computer at the time. So I called him back and I barely had service up their in Vermont, so I'm asking him about Ricky. He said, "It's true dude... he retired." And I wouldn't say I was in denial (yet), I just didn't believe he was for real. Than I checked my phone (Internet Service) and went to ESPN for some reason I couldn't find it on the main headlines. So I'm thinking what a douche, he didn't retire... I would see it on my phone. Than I finally checked online... Cried... Whined... Bitched... Cried... Cried... Wish I broke my phone... Cried... Cried... and haven't stopped since... :cry:

What kind of friend would do that to you...? :wink:

I was driving home from Daytona Beach and my stepdad called my cell and said "Who's the best RB in the NFL?" I stopped for a minute thinking he meant statwise and I said "Umm Jamal Lewis..." "No, no, who's YOUR FAVORITE RB in the NFL?" That was a no-brainer. "Oh! Ricky Williams!" "Yeah he just retired." I was just in shock. When I came home I went to NFL.com and it confirmed my deepest fears. That was a sad day to be a dolphins fan.

Back
Top Bottom