The division is Miami's to take !!! | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The division is Miami's to take !!!

when do I use the past to discuss the current team? I discuss the 2 title games but where have I said they will help us win this year?

of course, NE only stinks when they play other teams. They always get up to play the team that hasn't won a playoff game since 2000 but they sleepwalk through games w/ their biggest rival.

OK I have to admit the Jets look a little better than I thought. They probably won't get the first overall pick (that should go to the Jaguars). But the Jets just seem to be a total mess at times. Like when they had no guy back to return a punt. Also, they seemed to be sleeping on Brady's first TD pass and really out of place defensively. I think the Jets win somewhere between 3 and 5 games....tops.

of course, NE only stinks when they play other teams. They always get up to play the team that hasn't won a playoff game since 2000 but they sleepwalk through games w/ their biggest rival.

so the patriots won't be any better in 4 weeks when we play them? ammedola, gronk and maybe even vareen wont help? you know darn well he was referring to the injury state of the patriots

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Yes, we have every opportunity to win the division, but the Pats will get better. They will get Gronk and Amendola back, which wiill give Brady 3 good targets, and he will get on the same page with his young receivers, who have shown the ability to get open. Meanwhile, the defense looks pretty solid. It's not the Pats offense of the past two years without Welker, Hernandez and Lloyd, but they are far from pushovers.

Brady was sharp. His passes were all on target. The problem was that his WRs were out of position on their routes and they dropped a **** load of passes. It shows you that QBs can only do so much.

he sucked.its an excuse. what they don't practice?

OK I have to admit the Jets look a little better than I thought. They probably won't get the first overall pick (that should go to the Jaguars). But the Jets just seem to be a total mess at times. Like when they had no guy back to return a punt. Also, they seemed to be sleeping on Brady's first TD pass and really out of place defensively. I think the Jets win somewhere between 3 and 5 games....tops.

People have greatly underestimated the talent of the Jets. Their defense has so much going for it, and they're extremely young to boot. Unfortunately, the QB play is so poor right now that they really can't get anywhere until they find one who isn't abjectly terrible.

just wait til they play the broncos and us....I don't caee who they get back....I told ya'll...they suck without hernandez/welker. they made gameplanning week 2 week easy.

patriots are in trouble. They won 2 divisional games with a lil bit of goodluck, but lets see when they come against the power house teams. There wrs suck, gronk is unrealiable because of constant injurys, and there main go to guy amendola is hurt again. Everyone has been waitin for the year the pats fall off, there time might be here, tom brady cant win by himself.

we were winning b/c of him, he helped us win a lot of games.

No! Flacco and Eli among others stepped up to help their teams win lots of games especially in the playoffs.. where often they drove the bus on the journey through the postseason. According to Westhoff, from his view on the field, and the best coach on the jest side, Sanchez NEVER drove the bus in the postseason... he was a passenger along for the ride on a bus powered by others. In what other postseasons has the QB, - in the savviest coach's opinion had no part in powering the bus onward other than The Buttboy? Oh and a persuasive argument can be made that Bill Polian and Jim Caldwell did more to advance the jest than did Sanchez, even as a passenger.

q

so the patriots won't be any better in 4 weeks when we play them? ammedola, gronk and maybe even vareen wont help? you know darn well he was referring to the injury state of the patriots

Vareen is on ST IR so he is not available until week 10. If history tells us anything Amendola wont be back for like 6 weeks. Gronk will be back soon but as I posted before IMO he will not be as deadly as he usually is. All teams will have to do is put a safety on him and let the rest of NE receivers try to catch the ball, which they wont be able to do.

No! Flacco and Eli among others stepped up to help their teams win lots of games especially in the playoffs.. where often they drove the bus on the journey through the postseason. According to Westhoff, from his view on the field, and the best coach on the jest side, Sanchez NEVER drove the bus in the postseason... he was a passenger along for the ride on a bus powered by others. In what other postseasons has the QB, - in the savviest coach's opinion had no part in powering the bus onward other than The Buttboy? Oh and a persuasive argument can be made that Bill Polian and Jim Caldwell did more to advance the jest than did Sanchez, even as a passenger.

q

Flacco did step up w/o a doubt, he had a great postseason last year but he had poor postseasons earlier and if Bal got '09/'10 Sanchez postseasons they make SBs.

Stop playing around w/ Westhoff's words please.

Eli's 2 SB runs:

2007:

Eli's D/STs created 7 TOs
TB: averaged 21 PPG, held to 14
Dal: averaged 28, held to 17
GB: averaged 27, held to 20 in 5 qtrs and D set up chip shot FG to win
NE: averaged 37, held to 14
differential: -48, average -12

But yeah it was all Eli b/c a ball stuck to a helmet.

2011:
D/Sts created 7 TOs
Atl: averaged 25 PPG, held to ZERO
GB: averaged 35, held to 20
SF: averaged 24, held to 17 in 5 qts and STs set up both 2nd half/OT scores for Eli including GW FG
NE: averaged 32, held to 17 plus D scored 2 pts
differential: -62, average -16

Eli was clearly driving the bus.

Now let's compare that to the title game runs

2009:
D/STs created 5 TOs
Cin: averaged 19, held to 14
SD: averaged 28, held to 14
Ind: averaged 26, held to 30
differential: -15, average -5

2010:
D/STs created 3 TOs
Ind: averaged 27, held to 16
NE: averaged 32, held to 21
Pit: averaged 23, held to 17 plus scored 2 pts
differential: -28, average: -9

but yeah it was all Eli and Mark was along for the ride w/ his '85 Bears D

Bottom line is that last night's game involved two bad football teams. 1 of them is going to get better once 2 weapons get back on the field. The other is going to lose a lot more games like it did last night because it has no weapons and the QB throwing to those weapons is brutal. He may get better but from what I saw last night... Mark Sanchez would have won that game by 10+. That's how bad Geno was/is. Mark is not coming back and the Pats in 3-4 weeks will be a lot better.

It amazes me today how the Jets have systematically destroyed Mark Sanchez's career through fan peer pressure. It all started when they trade for Tim Tebow, playing him in a preseason game he shouldn't have been playing in.

Sanchez had a promising career.

d-1

What's makes you think they would be a 5 win team? They would probably be worse than the jets and i see the jets MAYBE winning 5 games.

Back
Top Bottom