The division is Miami's to take !!! | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The division is Miami's to take !!!

If Baltimore got the 09/10 DS, as you put it, they would have gotten no further with Flacco than with DS. To say thet DS was better than Flacco at any point during their careers is a vast overstatement.
Flacco did step up w/o a doubt, he had a great postseason last year but he had poor postseasons earlier and if Bal got '09/'10 Sanchez postseasons they make SBs.

Stop playing around w/ Westhoff's words please.

Eli's 2 SB runs:

2007:

Eli's D/STs created 7 TOs
TB: averaged 21 PPG, held to 14
Dal: averaged 28, held to 17
GB: averaged 27, held to 20 in 5 qtrs and D set up chip shot FG to win
NE: averaged 37, held to 14
differential: -48, average -12

But yeah it was all Eli b/c a ball stuck to a helmet.

2011:
D/Sts created 7 TOs
Atl: averaged 25 PPG, held to ZERO
GB: averaged 35, held to 20
SF: averaged 24, held to 17 in 5 qts and STs set up both 2nd half/OT scores for Eli including GW FG
NE: averaged 32, held to 17 plus D scored 2 pts
differential: -62, average -16

Eli was clearly driving the bus.

Now let's compare that to the title game runs

2009:
D/STs created 5 TOs
Cin: averaged 19, held to 14
SD: averaged 28, held to 14
Ind: averaged 26, held to 30
differential: -15, average -5

2010:
D/STs created 3 TOs
Ind: averaged 27, held to 16
NE: averaged 32, held to 21
Pit: averaged 23, held to 17 plus scored 2 pts
differential: -28, average: -9

but yeah it was all Eli and Mark was along for the ride w/ his '85 Bears D

If Baltimore got the 09/10 DS, as you put it, they would have gotten no further with Flacco than with DS. To say thet DS was better than Flacco at any point during their careers is a vast overstatement.

Flacco killed them in playoff losses, in our playoff losses mark didn't kill us. If Bal got the production mark gave us they would have made SBs- multiple SBs.

Flacco did step up w/o a doubt, he had a great postseason last year but he had poor postseasons earlier and if Bal got '09/'10 Sanchez postseasons they make SBs.

Stop playing around w/ Westhoff's words please.

Eli's 2 SB runs:

2007:

Eli's D/STs created 7 TOs
TB: averaged 21 PPG, held to 14
Dal: averaged 28, held to 17
GB: averaged 27, held to 20 in 5 qtrs and D set up chip shot FG to win
NE: averaged 37, held to 14
differential: -48, average -12

But yeah it was all Eli b/c a ball stuck to a helmet.

2011:
D/Sts created 7 TOs
Atl: averaged 25 PPG, held to ZERO
GB: averaged 35, held to 20
SF: averaged 24, held to 17 in 5 qts and STs set up both 2nd half/OT scores for Eli including GW FG
NE: averaged 32, held to 17 plus D scored 2 pts
differential: -62, average -16

Eli was clearly driving the bus.

Now let's compare that to the title game runs

2009:
D/STs created 5 TOs
Cin: averaged 19, held to 14
SD: averaged 28, held to 14
Ind: averaged 26, held to 30
differential: -15, average -5

2010:
D/STs created 3 TOs
Ind: averaged 27, held to 16
NE: averaged 32, held to 21
Pit: averaged 23, held to 17 plus scored 2 pts
differential: -28, average: -9

but yeah it was all Eli and Mark was along for the ride w/ his '85 Bears D

oh look, stats and past years suddenly meaning something when it fits your argument. who would have thought it

oh look, stats and past years suddenly meaning something when it fits your argument. who would have thought it

when used in context they are useful. Throwing out blind #s don't tell us anything and we were talking about past years so why wouldn't I use #s from past years? should I use the 2013 #s to discuss the 2007/11 Giants and 2009/10 Jets? I get the defensive moves since you guys see your weak arguments going up in smoke but for once just say "good job, you are right" and move along.

when used in context they are useful. Throwing out blind #s don't tell us anything and we were talking about past years so why wouldn't I use #s from past years? should I use the 2013 #s to discuss the 2007/11 Giants and 2009/10 Jets? I get the defensive moves since you guys see your weak arguments going up in smoke but for once just say "good job, you are right" and move along.

you're right in your own twisted world means you're wrong, so you're right.

How is it playing around with Westhoff's words: when asked directly whether Sanchez played a big part in the jets recent postseasons he replied "I don't believe he drove the bus" If you are not driving the bus, you are a passenger along on the ride someone else is taking you.

I know having the most respected coach, from his sideline vantage point express that reality flies against your alternate reality but the fact of the matter is: Mike Westhoff objective evaluation trumps any self-delusional fan's. Sorry

How is it playing around with Westhoff's words: when asked directly whether Sanchez played a big part in the jets recent postseasons he replied "I don't believe he drove the bus" If you are not driving the bus, you are a passenger along on the ride someone else is taking you.

I know having the most respected coach, from his sideline vantage point express that reality flies against your alternate reality but the fact of the matter is: Mike Westhoff objective evaluation trumps any self-delusional fan's. Sorry

you misinterpret the quote, actually I think you know what he is saying but you intentionally misinterpret it to make mark look bad when in reality the quote doesn't make him look bad.

Stats...they only mean something when it has anything to do with "4 road playoff wins"!!!

homerspinningogif-1.jpg

welker most overrated player in football...:lol: :tubes:

I wish they kept a stat like they do in hockey that reflects how the team does when you are in the game.

If they did, I'm sure welker would be near the top. He helped transform the patriots offense into a 30 plus point a game offense by converting 3rd downs that lead to team scores.

Interesting that as soon as Welker leaves NE they revert to lower scoring and less 1st downs

Back
Top Bottom