The division is Miami's to take !!! | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The division is Miami's to take !!!

Flacco did step up w/o a doubt, he had a great postseason last year but he had poor postseasons earlier and if Bal got '09/'10 Sanchez postseasons they make SBs.

Stop playing around w/ Westhoff's words please.

Eli's 2 SB runs:

2007:

Eli's D/STs created 7 TOs
TB: averaged 21 PPG, held to 14
Dal: averaged 28, held to 17
GB: averaged 27, held to 20 in 5 qtrs and D set up chip shot FG to win
NE: averaged 37, held to 14
differential: -48, average -12

But yeah it was all Eli b/c a ball stuck to a helmet.

2011:
D/Sts created 7 TOs
Atl: averaged 25 PPG, held to ZERO
GB: averaged 35, held to 20
SF: averaged 24, held to 17 in 5 qts and STs set up both 2nd half/OT scores for Eli including GW FG
NE: averaged 32, held to 17 plus D scored 2 pts
differential: -62, average -16

Eli was clearly driving the bus.

Now let's compare that to the title game runs

2009:
D/STs created 5 TOs
Cin: averaged 19, held to 14
SD: averaged 28, held to 14
Ind: averaged 26, held to 30
differential: -15, average -5

2010:
D/STs created 3 TOs
Ind: averaged 27, held to 16
NE: averaged 32, held to 21
Pit: averaged 23, held to 17 plus scored 2 pts
differential: -28, average: -9

but yeah it was all Eli and Mark was along for the ride w/ his '85 Bears D

You're comparing (2) superbowl wins to (2) AFCC losses. Please........ :lol2:

Division is far from ours no matter what all your say. Dont get ahead of yourselfs. Lets best some quality teams first.

and please stop talking about MR. BUTT FUMBLE !!!!!

Theoretically it could be outs by looking at NE play against two subpar teams. We need to beat a good playoff caliber team first. Is that Indy? Maybe, I don't think so.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk 2

you misinterpret the quote, actually I think you know what he is saying but you intentionally misinterpret it to make mark look bad when in reality the quote doesn't make him look bad.

Under the most generous interpretation, if he's the QB of a postseason team, it sure doesn't make him look good!

If you don't drive the bus, I'll grant that indeed you may be one of a bunch of passengers leaning forward to help its under-powered engine negotiate a hill, but either you're the driver or you're along for the ride. You conveniently are interpreting your best coach's perception to parse reality. Taking that a step further, how often won't a QB on a winning team not be "driving the bus" ??

Oh and as far as the BS about the jest Thurs nite not having their "starting" QB, this is right from the horse's [strike]ass[/strike]mouth:

Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez says he won the quarterback competition with Geno Smith, and only a shoulder injury prevented him from remaining the team’s starting quarterback. But the man who had final say on who won the quarterback competition didn’t see it that way.

Jets coach Rex Ryan decided told reporters today that he never declared Sanchez the winner

“Well, I never said he won the competition. I didn’t say that,” Ryan said.

There are some things I need to see before I believe we are contenders for the division title and it has nothing to do with the Pats, Jets or Bills but just the Fins. I don't know how anyone can say, based off what they saw in the Cleveland game, that we are a threat right now. Here they are:

1. 60 minutes of good offensive football, we saw 30 or so vs the Browns and there was an eery feeling, to me anyway, in that 2nd quarter that we would lose when it seemed like we could hardly attempt a pass without there being a sack or hit on our QB. A buddy of mine (Jets fan) told me our O-line would be the death of us and Tanny wouldn't last the season. In the 2nd quarter his analysis was looking pretty good, luickily the protection improved and the passing game heated up later in the game.

2. Some semblance of a running game, it doesn't have to be best in the league but has to be better than laughing stock level (Lamar Miller was the butt of all jokes on the Fantasy shows this past week). Many say it was do to Clevelands all world front 7, we'll see. I'm curious to see what happens vs Indy who we all agree has a much weaker front then Cleveland. If we're in here Monday or Sunday night talking about how great Indy's front 7 is I'll be worried.

3. Can the back end hold up if the pressure doesn't get there vs good QB's? I think this will get answered Sunday. In our last meeting we pressured Luck and he made plays anyway. It will be interesting to see how we hold up in the secondary this time. I hope Grimes has a better game then he did against Cleveland because while I don't know how fast Jordan Cameron is (maye he's really fast) Grimes looked like he was having a really hard time running with him on 2 occasions. I'd hate to see him trying to run with TY Hilton if that was the case.

4. I also don't like something that CK (in his fantastic article) and Sean O'hara pointed out about Tannehill. There were a couple of plays in the 1st half where we had a run called that was doomed from the start and he didn't check out of them. I keep hearing on here how he never misses a read and is so good pre-snap but I guess in these cases checking off was obvious and Tannehill didn't do it. Now I have no clue how to read a defense or what kind of audible power Tanny has, I would hope it's free reign, but he has to do a better job at checking out of these situations. It could also be that the staff really limited his play changing ability because we were on the road in a hostile environment.

I'm not a Debby Downer, I'm very optimistic (named both my fantasy teams The Change Of The Guard meaning us taking the division from NE) just don't jump to conclusions (well maybe in the gameday threads during games but who doesn't). I'm excited for tomorrow and hope to see some of these things be better this week.

with Brady's receiving options somewhat underwhelming, i'd say it might be possible but like others have mentioned, we need to step up against good teams.

Back
Top Bottom