The Doctor's draft prescription | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Doctor's draft prescription

Unless they move down, I don't see any other option at this point other than taking an offensive player with the second pick. A lot of background work will be done on Cedric Benson for this pick. Benson is the type of runner that will work very well in Scott Linehan's offense. He can play in the single back set, much like Ricky did.

Free agency could very well make this pick a wide receiver or a quarterback though. Braylon Edwards is a guy that has to be considered simply because he carries the tag of possible being the proverbial best player available. I think he may be the top overall prospect in the draft along with Cedric Benson.

The best defender in the draft, IMO, is Marcus Spears. I'd take him at 7, but not at 2.

Is Ronnie Brown more of an option at #2, or is #2 too early to draft him?

I have read that Brown is a more complete back and better reciever than the other backs mentioned.

Good article, Doc.

FiN.in.RI said:
Is Ronnie Brown more of an option at #2, or is #2 too early to draft him?

I have read that Brown is a more complete back and better reciever than the other backs mentioned.

Good article, Doc.

I see Brown and Benson in the #5 to #10 range. I see Williams in the #10 to #15 range.

Doc,

What do you think of the criticisms that these QBs are probably not a 1-2 pick in most other drafts? I know we're stuck with the pick and choices we have.

I would not mind seeing a QB taken -- I think it's been a neglected position. But I think that I would be more willing to see us draft PBA -- though I'd prefer LB to WR, given the choices...

Basically, if there is a question as to the value at any given position in a 'weak' draft, I would rather take the coach's consensus best option than reach for another.

xiidaen said:
Doc,

What do you think of the criticisms that these QBs are probably not a 1-2 pick in most other drafts? I know we're stuck with the pick and choices we have.

I would not mind seeing a QB taken -- I think it's been a neglected position. But I think that I would be more willing to see us draft PBA -- though I'd prefer LB to WR, given the choices...

Basically, if there is a question as to the value at any given position in a 'weak' draft, I would rather take the coach's consensus best option than reach for another.

If these QBs aren't a 1-2 pick in other drafts, I would argue that none of the other top options (Johnson, Benson, Williams et al) have demonstrated they would be sure-fire #1s either.

I think when all is said and done, Smith could rank as the BPA by draft day.

Though this is probably a weaker draft than the last couple years, I think too much is being made of it. After the combines, you usually see GMs start getting hot and heavy over one guy or another and figuring how they'll fit on teams.

Boomer, I'm sure, will know better than I, but I've got a feeling that Braylon Edwards and Derrick Johnson will be two guys whose draft stock skyrockets in the next 2 months.

Back
Top Bottom